FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AMD or INTEL???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing my debate over os's, lets look at CPU'S.

Intel costs more with better frame rates and rendering capabilities, AMD. Hmmm. I am not a fan of AMD. The AMD chipset is old Intel tech.

And what I love to say is my game machine is a Celeron 400, 2000 Pro OS, overclocking (video, bus, cpudont ask unless you want a fire). I enjoy this sys to py on.

I could switch to my server box and make it my client (Intel 1.9, 1g, 40gb raid) but I am slow and never would even be able to see you lol.

DK WIld

Blown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont totally agree on the rendering capabilities part. I ran a test a while back with some AMD thunderbirds vs Intel P4's and the AMD will render a bryce image faster than the P4 at equal clock speeds. Same image, all calculated by time. AMD has a better price point than intel also for equivelent performance. As far as graphics goes, IMO unless you run at low res you really are more dependant on your graphics card than the processor. You can put a good graphics card in a P4 or AMD and get almost the same FPS under both. AMD chipsets have come a long way the past yr and a half and stability issues that plaqued them have subsided quite a bit. I know when via started being the main chipset there was alot of probs, but now you just dont see that anymore for the most part. I think either system now is just a good as the other, I would personally just buy based on a price/performance standpoint.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blown the AMD machine might of had more than the intel machine. The memory must have help loaded the picture faster.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, they were almost identical in memory, had the same speed processor. Just the AMD has a better FPU than an Intel as same clock speeds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that AMD is better. I have an AMD Athalon processor myself, and it's better than any intel!! WOO
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-11 18:37, blown65 wrote:
Nah, they were almost identical in memory, had the same speed processor. Just the AMD has a better FPU than an Intel as same clock speeds.

The Keyword Is Almost .

[ This Message was edited by: Sneaky_Lil_Mikey on 2002-04-11 19:21 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh puh-leeeeez! mikey, that tiny bit of memory diff enables you to toss an emp .0000000000000000000000000002ns faster than the average joe (though not me) and you sure do put it to damn good use, but its an itty bitty almost...almost nonexistant

hehe

AMD rØxoR§

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Intel that had more memory hurt it. I never said which computer had more memory.
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about RAM!!!!
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im talking about RAM!!!! lol
PondScum007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im talkign about ram!!!

haha wtf double!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMD, and most gamers that I know of also think that AMD is a LOT better than Intel.

hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, he said RAM....

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
BobaFett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talking about ram????
BobaFett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talking about ram????
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: