FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Class Restriction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapusta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

example... Flash... all the team is MG42's or snipers... its ridiculous... and the allies are all snipers in cheap camping spots in buildings... flash would be fun if the Mg's were banned and the rifles... the only guns that should be allowed during flash should be the following: k43, mp40, mp44 (Stg44), StenMark, and the Bren... then it would be fun...
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

class restrictions would only make the game more like cs IMHO

if u cant get ur class some ppl will follow those of that class around and then block a doorway or something so that the other person dies then they will take the gun and use it themselves

it would make it less fun. IMV

think of it this way some ppl on ff servers wit class restrictions will shot their own teammate to get they gun they want

restrictions will not make u a better player it will only make u more of an ass

:steps down and ducks under shockys bottle: ha ha u missed me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker for the Dead wrote:
class restrictions would only make the game more like cs IMHO

if u cant get ur class some ppl will follow those of that class around and then block a doorway or something so that the other person dies then they will take the gun and use it themselves

it would make it less fun. IMV

think of it this way some ppl on ff servers wit class restrictions will shot their own teammate to get they gun they want

restrictions will not make u a better player it will only make u more of an ass

:steps down and ducks under shockys bottle: ha ha u missed me

We can kick/ban asses and llamas, but no where in the rules does it state that you can't be a noob.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:

We can kick/ban asses and llamas, but no where in the rules does it state that you can't be a noob.

vp u do realize that admins cant stay awake forever sooner or later the llamas will overrun and destroy u..errr i mean yess u are right

ok seriously u can kick and ban all u want it wont change a thing ppl are all asses they will complaina dn be asses and llamas until they get their way this is why i stopped playing cs is cause some ass would follow me around and block me on purpose just so he could get my gun..ive played on servers that dont let llamas or asses in their servers in cs and they dont work thats why i orginially came to dod was because of all the llamas in cs

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to your belief speaker there is always at least one admin online. Add them ALL to your STEAM friends to find them when you need them/when STEAM friends actually works.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came off a game of avalanche that had the very problem we're discussing here. I switched to axis to see how many people were playing mg, and took a screenshot for evidence plus to make sure I didn't miscount. In total, there were:

2 Grenadiers

1 Sturmtruppe

1 Stosstruppe

1 Unteroffizier

2 Scharfschutze

5 MG42-Schutze

And another mg42 (totaling 6) had left just before I took my little picture. There have been cases where 5-6 people played the same class without a problem, but before anyone says anything, let's remember some things about the mg42.

1) It has the accuracy (and in some cases better) of an smg even when UNDEPLOYED. Going rambo and getting headshots with this thing is what half of their team was doing.

2) It has extreme power. Duh. It's a machine gun. The mg42 fires two bullets per shot and will tear through you like a good ol' shovel hitting Blue (who is also old). When you have to worry about killing 5 mg's in various places before you can advance a step, there is a serious problem.

3) The mg42 can shoot through almost every single wall in dod. I've been killed through the walls with this gun so many times I've lost count. You can't shoot at them, hide behind a corner and try again. They'll simply shoot the wall and WHOOPS! You were just killed by the homosexual gun of the year.

No other machine gun can do these things (as far as I'm aware). Have you noticed how almost no one plays as the second german machine gun? Or how the allied machine gunners numbers seem so few in comparison to the mg42? This gun is like a pestilence. Raining down on our good servers, it does not relent. The disturbance in the masses has increased, and the people are becoming volatile.

However, my good friends, we can stop this evil right here and now! We have the power to end this senselessness, and give birth to a new era! An era without the overpopulation of MG42's! An era that sees no end, and knows no end! My friends, if we could only restrict these machine guns to a few, such an era would occur in our gloomy world of sorrow and pain!

So umm...yeah..I'm not asking for a restriction of ALL the classes...just the overlypowered gay ones *cough*MG42-Schutze and maybe the sniper *cough*

SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok After checking some of the other popular public servers out there im going to try some limits on tv4 to see how they work.

Everything is unlimited except.

Allies:

30 cal = 3
Spring = 3

Axis:

fg42s = 3 (Para Weapon)
mg34 = 1
mg42 = 2
(equals out to the same as allies)
scoped = 3

British : (notice: Just updated this post on 3/13, included British limits)

3 snipers
3 mgs

This is NOT set in stone and its only on TV4. Just trying it out. Give me feedback as the days go on.

Last edited by SilverOne on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
pat sajak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: silverone Reply with quote

silverone the man of the year? he very well may be, certainly a god among men.
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not limit the mg 34 to 1. It is the only axis mg that does not have a lame overheating problem. Personally I am against class limits as tpf'ers will pick what class best helps the team out, and a handful of llamas or n00bs will ruin it for everyone.

Maybe I am the only one that likes to be an unteroffizier on flash...
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverOne, you are a true 21st century Jesus. Thanks dood.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
SilverOne, you are a true 21st century Jesus. Thanks dood.

jebus
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even believe in Jebus!
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This conversation just seems to happen once in while.. Heres why there are no class restrictions.

Tried them once, no matter how the limits were set somebody complained about to much or not enough..

Heck, I even got call a Communist when I did set restrictions.

There has been a lot less complaining without Class restrictions so thats the way it stays. Heck, I only see two people saying they like them allready. BUT i am sure they will change there mind as soon as the class they want is filled up and they cant choose there favorite.. Then you will see a post against class limits..

IT HAPPENS! I Have been through this many times allready.

Silverone, I suggest keeping the class limits off..
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1337 wrote:
This conversation just seems to happen once in while.. Heres why there are no class restrictions.

Tried them once, no matter how the limits were set somebody complained about to much or not enough..

Heck, I even got call a Communist when I did set restrictions.

There has been a lot less complaining without Class restrictions so thats the way it stays. Heck, I only see two people saying they like them allready. BUT i am sure they will change there mind as soon as the class they want is filled up and they cant choose there favorite.. Then you will see a post against class limits..

IT HAPPENS! I Have been through this many times allready.

Silverone, I suggest keeping the class limits off..

Most of us aren't asking for all the classes to be limited. The only one I care about even is the mg42. I understand where you're coming from Danno. I've been around this place long enough to see all the bad remarks and complaints that restrictions get. But having 5-6 mg42's on ONE team almost every single map takes the fun out of the game. It's like having one team in TFC have 5 HW's and the other none (or one to balence out the fact that allies also have less poweful mg's).

BTW, I make 3 people

Ten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe I'm biased er something but I think class restrictions should be implemented on every server.

Every server that I used to play at regularly before TheVille had class restrictions, I found them to produce the best, most balanced games. There just don't need to be 4 snipers per team, that's insane. One server that I played at allows ONE Axis sniper and MG42 on Charlie and ONE sniper on Allies. Best Charlie rounds, you wouldn't believe it.

Sure there are some skewed games (read: 6 snipers vs 6 sniper camp-outs) at the Ville, but the great community and administration eclipses that aspect exponentially. Regulars will not leave, noobs who've never heard of class restrictions (who get really irritated: "WHY CAN'T I BUY MG!!!???") will get used to it.

Last edited by Ten on Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: