FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Buildspecial?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok after much work, and having problems with my TFC, I had to reinstall it over and over again until some bug finally left the program for me. I was unable to use my mouse in the select screen and my voice didnt work. Now that I im back up and running correctly, why is it that I can only some time build a special weapon with sniper, is this turned off during some games? Or do I have another problem, I really dont play the other class which I guess I should to test, but I thought to ask since im at work and not spend another hour debugging. Can anyone help? oh ya... Happy Holidays to all.

MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see which server you're on. TV1 doesnt have NEOTF on.

Also, try using detspecial to detonate your anti-missile launcher before trying to build another one. You might still have it lying around somewhere, especially after a new game begins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also it takes 25 armor for a sniper to build it. If you try to build it and get no message you are probably on one of the non-neo servers.
X3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info, but if the map does allow you to build I haves seen it say I have a one already built and I also do see the error that I need at least 25 armor to build a special weapon. I mostly play on TV 4 & 5 because I usally get bad pings on TV 1,2,3,. I was not to create on 4, then 2 hours later I was. This was before I did the reinstall again. So on xmas, the entire day I was unable to use buildspecial. So do admins turn this on and off depending on the games and players?

Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only can have one at a time. And they don't get destroyed when you die. So if try to build one before your old one gets destroyed nothing happens. You can bind a key to 'detspecial' which will destroy your AML and allow you to build a new one.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the Neo is not turned off. It's on all the time.

X3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , I guess Im not being to clear on this problem, I know you have to have at least 25 armor, I know once you build one it stays until its destroyed, I have binded my keys stokes to F12 buildspecial, F11 _special2, F10 detspecial. I have tried to also type this out in console just incase my binded keys didn't load or got written over. I have also see this happen before I did the reinstalls and thought it might be a problem that I was having with my game install, I also just recently restage my gigz system with win2000, so I know I have a pretty clean system, This problem seem to arise after updating the Osaka map and a neotfsprite with mouse error I stated before. So is the buildspecial specific to this NEO for a sniper and it does not effect a engineer? I have been looking for info on this and I haven't really found anything to answer my question. What servers are NEO running on and is it all the time on every map & game or can it be turned off by the admin. thanks for the help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I understood that you need at least 50 armor to buildspecial, and that it will take 25 off once your done.

JD
X3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the armor issue and if I already built a special weapon, but this is not the case here. If I just start to play , I cant build a special weapon, and it seems at a later point on the server I was able to build one, is way Im asking. There seems to be a inconsistency on how this was work and how its is working now. I dont understand NEO that was mentioned before and it seems like this option for a Sniper is turned on and off. It may still be a problem with my TFC install, or a program conflict with the game since I only just started to buildspecial weapons. In the past, engineers ask told me to build one, and I remeber at the time I tried and it didnt work, but I dont remeber which server I was on at the time, most likly TV 3,4, or 5. So I guess what I will do when Im playing this evening and test again I will try and get hold of a admin or ask another sniper if they can build a special weapon during that game. It seems posting my problem is not going anywhere. Thanks all for the help...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres another thought. Do you use a bound key or do you type it in?
I type it in and sometimes I miss spell it.
I know this is a long shot but thought I would throw it out there.
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X3, I think I might know what the problem is. Have you ever played engy? If so, then you know that the game will tell you if you don't have enough room to build your sentry gun (Just like it tells you ya can't fire your sniper rifle when you're in the air). Well, when you try to build an MG or AML, it doesn't warn you that you don't have enough room. And believe me, there are spots on TFC maps you just can't build (e.g. tight ledges, sloping land) When NEOTF first came to the Ville, I had a lot of trouble building stuff before I realized NEOTF does not inform you that you are unable to build on a certain spot. Hope this helps.
X3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer both questions: I use the binded keys, and when I reinstall I used my same config file as before. When I notice I can not build a special weapon as I mentioned I go into console and try typing it... more than once, so I don't believe its a mis-spelling, because later my bind key stroke worked on a game. 2nd: to test I was in the open so there was no chance I didn't have the room to build. Im just confused with this whole issue and since I only just started playing TFC multiplayer in Oct. I had the game for years but didn't play the multiplayer then. So I guess Im still a newbie in some sense.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the next time it happens, try going back to a spot where you know an AML can be built. Try it then and if it does work, you can deduce it's a location thing. If not, then try getting someone else to build there. Basically try to narrow down the problem to either your setup or the server configuration. I'm sure we can work out the issue from there and make some progress with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kazebari?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, for me, my _special2 button just plain doesn't freaking work and no AML is built.

Sooo......

just go to console and type buildspecial. That'll straighten it out.
X3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Im home and guess what its working, im on TV4 and im building away, I did nothing at all. I had my system still running from the week end and I just started up and was able to buildspecial with my binded key. SO I have no Idea what the inconsistancy is. As before I always throw one out in the opening to see if I can build and Wa La... it works.. who knows it must be the forces with in. Thanks all for all the insite.. untill next time
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: