FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Opinions on a map (released!!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Opinions on a map (released!!) Reply with quote

How does this sound for a good map?

Also, would it look god during that day or at night?

Here's a description:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The map is split up into 4 levels, each one contains different classes. There are four teams on every level including the RED, BLUE, GREEN, and YELLOW teams. Every level is different in its own way. Here is a description of each level:

Top Level
Allows MEDICS only. There is a window in the center that looks over the level below. There is no spawn door that separates you from the other players, so once you spawn be ready to fight!

Second Level
Allows HWGUYS, DEMOMEN, and SOLDIERS. ENGINEERS and SNIPERS also have access to this level. There are spawns with doors. The snipers have access through a tunnel without a spawn door where they can shoot out of. The engineers get their own deck with doors that they can open when they are finished building a gun and they can open and close it with a switch.

Third Level
Allows SCOUTS and SPIES. There are spawns with doors. There is no use for the spies ability to disguise because of the other scouts and spies that can uncover you.

Last Level
Allows PYROS only. There are spawns with doors. There is a big room where pyros can burn whoever they want.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week

Last edited by Stevo on Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds exciting. let me know when its available

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems good but i sugest something for spawn doors on the medic part, too many respawn campers .

The Snipers should have their own level, unless you make the area small enough for them to be fair game, but not too smal so that mirv and pipe spam is all over.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a cool idea. One thing, though, if you put a window in the pyros room make it plenty thick. I discovered that on 58thv2 (a mulching map) you can shoot pyro rockets at the civvies in the spectator galleries and above the warehouse fight. i got a whole lotta kills until they learned to dodge better
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not putting any spectator levels in it. I looked at mulch_dm and it didn't work very well. I figured that they can always go spectator and go where they want without messing up the game. And the window that separates the pyros and scouts has two layers separated be a small space. If the ic can get through, it just might make the game more confusing. I'm still trying to figure out some things like the doors. The medic level I left without a spawn because it is the outside part of the level and I just thought it would be more fun to always be in the action.

The whole level is small(a little smaller than the areas in mulch_dm). I was actually making it for tryouts and matches for my clan. When I finish you will see the logo all over the map.

I've made some maps for CS and most of them suck but one or two of them. PM me if you want any of those and I'll send you some screenshots.

I'll put a link in this post when I finish and put it up on the website.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenSpy wrote:
sounds like a cool idea. One thing, though, if you put a window in the pyros room make it plenty thick. I discovered that on 58thv2 (a mulching map) you can shoot pyro rockets at the civvies in the spectator galleries and above the warehouse fight. i got a whole lotta kills until they learned to dodge better

you can hit the spectators on mulch_dm too, if they're standing right by the side.
Mulder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sound hard to make but sounds cool.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
sound hard to make but sounds cool.

Not hard for me. Time consuming, though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Opinions on a map Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Also, would it look god during that day or at night?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Map released! Reply with quote

The map is finished and I released it last night. You can download it at http://www.geocities.com/deathline_files/map.htm.

I made it a dark map, but the concept is pretty much the same. Tell me if there are any problems with it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a map?? Cool!! I'll try it in a LAN game sometime.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure didn't seem to take you too long if you first posted when you were going to start.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
That sure didn't seem to take you too long if you first posted when you were going to start.

Actually I was 3/4 of the way finished when I posted. I wanted to ask if I should make it during the day on night (no one answered). I thought I would copy the description from the DL forum while I was at it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded it and played it for a few minutes, looks like a nice map gj (then it crashed my tfc but that wasnt necessarily the map)
PuTriD kOAlA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll d/l it and give it a try in a lan match sumtime stevo.. let ya know how it works for me

Thanks for sharing!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: