FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NO MORE NEO!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must shout for fear of being overlooked.

This post is to let the admins know who out there wants Neo to go bye bye. I'm sorry, this is just out of hand. I mean, with the c-bar launchers and the teslas and the airstrikes...its just not fun anymore if you are on the recieving end of an pwning on Avanti.

I was playing tonight at around 4:30AM est on TV3, because it was the only server with players this late. ANYWAYS...I joined the game and then remembered that it was a neo server, but I stuck around. I joined and we were trying to cap 3. When I left 20-25 minutes later, guess what, we were still trying to cap 3. It was so hard to be offensive when the defense is so tight that they don't even hav to try. The enemy snipers were on OUR balcony (the one that the teleporter drops you on in TV1). We were also overrun with spies from the defense. Then their Heavy, a pyro and several soldiers decided to hang out in and around the death room. Lots of fun for a lowly sniper...

I say we get rid of neo on all of the servers. Make the ville pure once again. We need to purge ourselves of this evil and go back to the basics.

Okay, here is the end game screen of the awful game tonight. The teams were 10 on blue 9 on red for most of the game. Notice the highlighted scores. It rather disturbing to see the scores of the Blue team versus that of the red team...I think the pic speaks for itself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[WVR]MREBoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo -

Just for informational purposes, here's what the team composition was for Blue. I'll agree with SnipeShocker, Red was getting its !@#$%% kicked for a good while.

MRE

___

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Neo but some of the new features are out of hand I agree.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo is great! sure the crowbar and flamegun are nuts, airstrikes sting a bit, and all kinds of other crazy stuff isnt that fun sometimes, but thats waht neo is all about...theres nothign better than going dmeo being chased by a HW and dropping all 4 mines and a mriv then vblowing it all and laughung at the gibs...neo is only on one server, and i think its a nice alternative to good old straight up tfc...LONG LIKE NEO ON TV3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind playing without the crowbar and flame guns, and with the mgs not shooting spys. I also wouldn't mind no agpods, and well everything else in newby-tf.
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill add my 2cents. I think spys should go undetected, why? Simple, then the offence can take down the defense easier. Neo is so heavy on the defence now you need to do something to even it out. If a spy can get in and take out some mgs then a demo or somebody can get in and mirv whatever is left.

One map though I hate having neo on and totally ruins it is osaka. Maybe we could move osaka to TV6 where neo isnt at?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. I don't mind some Neo from time to time, and 1 server is not too much. However, that spies are detected annoy the hell out of me, especially on Warpath.

Question: who created the NeoTFC?? Is it something that was created by TV people?
PyROZen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo is getting out of hand with the new version. Maybe you guys could set neo back to the version before, since it actually had some balance. The main thing that makes it hard are the AG pods. These things are to damned hard to destroy since you can only use bullet weapons and no explosives. This is near impossible when there are enemies standing near the AG pod, and they are recieving health bonuses also.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agpods that ive noticed only knock down secondary grenades. Normal nades dont get affected by them and will blow the pod up.
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how to fix ntf:

1. Make spys undetected
2. Give c-bar launchers a warm-up time like teslas.
3. Make teslas miss sometimes.
4. give classes like HW + soldier offense skills to counteract all the D
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering the other question of someone's in the thread, newby-tf is coded by spannerspammer -[AoE], maelstrom (the halfd coder), and Hitokiri Battousai. Crrrazzzy, is just some fag who got the idea and had others make it.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what Lin posted (I would've posted earlier, but the phone rang)

ANYWAY. As far as the coding of NEO-TF, we can do nothing about it other than complain. No Vill-un had any input on the creation of NEO. Given this, we have three options.

1-Keep new NEO (ag pods, c-bar cannons, fire thingees, etc)
2-Revert to Old Neo (don't remember all the details, but I know there were no C-bar cannons, no AG pods, etc)
3-NO NEO PERIOD.

I am very sorry to all who love neo as it is (I don't believe there are very many of you) but I think that it gives the defense a HUGE advantage, and with a Map like avanti where you CAN (not theoretically, CAN) hold a cap point the entire game with very little effort, I think something needs to be done. And that something, IMHO, is to totally remove Neo from the ville.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... 4th options, have the admins change the cvars, to disable crowbars mgs, agpods, and then turn on spy ignore.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about enabling NEO only on maps where it's cap the flag, not control the town? (Avanti, dustbowl, osaka, etc would not have NEO and warpath, badlands, crossover2, etc would have NEO)?

OSU, one thing you were saying:
Quote:
The enemy snipers were on OUR balcony (the one that the teleporter drops you on in TV1). We were also overrun with spies from the defense. Then their Heavy, a pyro and several soldiers decided to hang out in and around the death room.

That sounds like some good aggressive defence to me! When I'm defending on avanti, if I'm a soldier or HW, I like to "plant" myself in those hallways between 2 and 3... that screws up the offense something fierce!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-25 16:35, Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero wrote:
... 4th options, have the admins change the cvars, to disable crowbars mgs, agpods, and then turn on spy ignore.

If you do that you basically went back to the prior neo? Oh except the demo specials

BTW there is TV6 for no neo and is hardly ever full. Its nice to go play a different style of TF sometimes. Id hate to see it totally taken off. The spy ignore would help out a ton IMO

OSU, looking at the screenshots there was only one engie. Looks more like the offence couldnt get it together and the defence had it going on. Non neo happens that way also, just depends on whos on whos team. I played the other night with neo on Avanti and our team had it together, even though thier team was upgrading mgs we were constantly in thier face and rolled thru the caps. Went to defend, with only one engie and no medic and they had a heck of a time capping. I guess my point is dont lay all the blame just on the mod. Yes it is rigged heavily for the defence, and if they are good to begin with it just makes it that much worse.

[ This Message was edited by: blown65 on 2002-03-25 16:58 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: