FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4 bannings on 1 map
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: 4 bannings on 1 map Reply with quote

I had to ban 4 people today on 1 map for respawn camping. That's a new record for me. I warned them, I made it very clear what respawn covered, and they still did it. I had people paranoid thinking they were next. The rules are very clear there. If you need help understanding what these rules are then check the post at the top of this forum.

BRN

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

gg BRN

I'm not surprised, the other night ther was that much ppl doing it. I was too pissed off to demo them.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Secret Squirrel 006

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, that's more than a hat trick, some people just don't know the rules , what map was it?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job BRN,

The last few days there have been alot of spawn campers, thanks.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret Squirrel 006 wrote:
what map was it?

Spawncamp heaven, Anzio. And not knowing the rules was not an excuse. I informed everyone of the rules before the banfest started.

The problems you guys were having were probably from these same guys. They hadn't seen me there before, since I haven't been playing during the week, and they probably didn't know the gavel would be dropped down on them. I was actually getting applause in game, it was hilarious.

Paddyjack, get me WonID's if you can. Demos are a great tool but if you can't get that then at least write down the WonID. That way when I catch them, they get no warning just a ban, assuming you had warned them before.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Typh00n

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i tried to respwn camp there but i suck so i was shot mercylessly
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typh00n wrote:
yeah, i tried to respwn camp there but i suck so i was shot mercylessly

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ComradeNachaev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am all for fair play!!! That is why I'm with the OwP.

However, I respectfully submit that you might have gotten a tad carried away with bannings last week.

I have a friend whose a newbie to DoD. He generally only plays Caen2 or Avalanche maps. But I was talking with him on the phone last week and invited him to join me at TheVille. The map playing was Anzio.

He came to the server, and was only there for a few minutes before he left. But it turns out he didn't leave voluntarily - he was PERMANENTLY BANNED.

Unfortunatley I think it was BAD TIMING because he probably ended up getting painted with a jacket which other's deserve, but he sure doesn't.
He isn't an exploiter - in fact, he really tries to be a fair player. For example, he never nade spams of Avalanche and gets on teammates who do. He's not a "cheap" player.

He was UNFAMILIAR with Anzio. We were teammates playing Axis. In fact, he'd never been to the window overlooking Anzio beach before. But he ended up there when following me through the building outside the big Allies Beach. He told me he'd never been upstairs before, so he was totally suprised when he went up there and found a window. He looked out it, saw an Allie and shot him. Then he left and when back downstairs. He told me he only shot once out the window.

A very short time later, he was banned. And he said he noticed no warning.

I'm not trying to cause trouble. In fact, I was VERY IMPRESSED with the admining I saw at The Ville. That is why I invited my friend there. He really wasn't trying to exploit, or take cheap shots. He just wasn't aware what he was doing. He is totally unfamiliar with Anzio map.

I hope you might reconsider his banning.
I did a Stats search and this info seems correct for Mamma Jamma:
WON IDs: 3255022
Last Connect:* 12:44:04 PM, Wed. 9th Apr.

But it says the map was Avalanche - it was ANZIO and he'd only been there a few minutes before being banned.

I would like to play at TheVille more often. And if you give Mamma Jamma another chance, I'm sure you'll see he isn't the sort of player who deserves banning. He's really fair to a T. But I warn ya - he's smart, and he's a quick learner. The guy already beats me on Avalance and Caen, and he's only been playing a short while. Of course, beating me ain't that difficult. But at least, he does so FAIRLY.

Cheers!
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Nachaev,

I think you should post that request on the complaint forum, you can find it on the homepage in the "misc" section. I assure you, this is the quickest way to get your request answered.

Last edited by Paddyjack on Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Hi there Nachaev,

I think you should post that request on the complaint forum, you can find it on the homepage in the "misc" section. I assure you, this is the quickest way to get your request answered.

^What he said

You can find it on the navigation bar above under Misc., it's the first one on the list. You will have to register to post a complaint, but you get your answers faster because it goes straight to the admins.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ComradeNachaev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
Definitely using the complaint process is the way to go. I've done so, and already this morning, gotten a postive reply by email.
For some reason, when I tried replying to it, my response was returned, so I'll just post it below.
Quote:
Hi Bright Red Nipples and The Ville Admins:

Thanks for answering so promptly and thanks for your positive response. I'll definitely let him know you've lifted the ban. And encourage him to be sure an be attentive to the MOTD when he joins in.

Hey Bright Red Nipples, I actually remember you being in the server for some of the time I was playing - as I was playing much longer than Mamma Jamma. You've got one of those names with a high recall value - hehe.

It is clear from reading The Ville's message board that Mamma Jamma and myself just happened to hit the server simultaneously with your having to deal with some jerks who had been deliberately spawn camping, etc. Accordingly, it is understandable that you'd end up inadvertently painting the good apples in with the bad. As I said before, I a ctually remember being impressed with the efforts of the admins to keep the play fair, and the "talk" positive. At the time, I just thought Mamma Jamma had to leave of his own accord, and it wasn't until afterwords that he told me he'd gotten a "perm ban" and we figured out what must have happened.

I appreciate that you could hear what I was saying about Mamma Jamma shooting into the spawn without even realizing he was doing anything wrong - his being almost entirely new to DoD, and Anzio map in particular. When admins crack down assertively, the occassional mistake is bound to happen. However, provided you keep cracking down, over time the bad apples will just go on to find somewhere else to cause problems, whereas the good ones will explain themselves. As is the situation in this instance.

Furthermore, it makes total sense that The Ville wants to crack down hard on the b.s. when your server is just getting up and running. I'm totally in favour of that. And so is Mamma Jamma, btw, as we've talked about it. If you keep making it clear that you won't put up with jerks, then the likelihood of being able to ensure a jerk-free playing server is much higher. I hope you are able to walk that fine line between maintaining control of the server, while still having it filled with lots of players. As you probably know, It takes an active, attentive group of admins to accomplish that.

So... good luck in establishing The Ville as a quality DoD server that's consistently well managed. With the first retail version of DoD soon to come, it will be great if The Ville can be another popular server which players who like a nice fair, yet hard played game can populate. I certainly intend to come back. And doubtless Mamma Jamma will too. Look forward to it.

Thanks again. Cheers!

Comrade Nachaev
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only we had more players like ComradeNachaev on our servers I might be able to actually play a map or 2 without having to deal with llamas. Thx for the addaboy. I hope to see you both in game before too long.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off i love playing at the ville and getting banned would kill me.plus tvb shaft is a buddy and he would raz me hard.I just like to play but i have one question.is it considered spawn killing when u throw grenades at the last allie or axis flag on avalanche before your final assault.I have seen this done all the time and i have done it to only because thats what i have seen when learning how to play years ago.if it is a no no then i will stop. thanks for your time guys DOD ROCKS
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not considered spawn camping. When you have a visible view of the respawn and shoot or throw grenades into respawn it is considered respawn camping. From the location you are refering to there is no way to lob a grenade into respawn.

The only big problem we seem to have is on Anzio for some reason. It seems to have llamas on almost every game.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
That is not considered spawn camping. When you have a visible view of the respawn and shoot or throw grenades into respawn it is considered respawn camping. From the location you are refering to there is no way to lob a grenade into respawn.

The only big problem we seem to have is on Anzio for some reason. It seems to have llamas on almost every game.

Not exactly true here BRN. Throwing grenades at the last Allie's flag in Avalanche may not be spawn camping but it is frowned upon because of the infamous Avalanche's exploit. This map is already much axis-oriented without adding this exploit

So Smegma, try not to throw grenades down that street. It is ok for the last flag of the axis though. DIE AXIS!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: