FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Favorite Band's thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with The Ville really, but since the page used to have music, and I would like music in that Flash idea that has been circulating around, whats eveyones favorite bands? Mine are The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, The Who, and Orgy. Least thats all I can recall right now.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love those older bands cut my eye teeth on them now it's mostly alternative music for me maybe some acid jazz for fun but ones that come to mind to Cake, Weazier, Radiohead, well the list goes on and on.
Yeah Robert can we have the music back.

Maian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good thread idea, now we can have some insight to other players, and find out what theyre really like. Well, I like the Beatles, and Elvis of course, I like some 80's bands like Styx, Journey, and Queen. I like P. Diddy. I like a lot of alternative bands, like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Lifehouse. I like Weezer, The Dave Matthews Band, U2, Sugar Ray, Fatboy Slim, Stone Temple Pilots, Depeche Mode, The Police/Sting, and stuff like that. I also like a lot of other stuff, but these are my favorites. Sorry Bakury and Greebo, but I hate Staind, Limp Bizkit, Korn, and all those other hard rockers who think theyre cool, because they can misspell theyre name.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute Blind by Korn is a kick ass song. But they are hard to listen to for to long.

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staind is ok, but I like Linkin Park, Fuel, Green Day (old but good), and Crystal Method. There's nothing like listening to "Innocent" and going on a psychotic killing spree.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperZero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Day, old? Dude, they're still around and they didn't really start up til early 90's...that ain't old

My fav bands are Smashing Pumpkins and Deftones, but I have a really really wide range of music including: U2, Rage Against the Machine, Green Day, Everclear, Garbage, Metallica, Cheap Trick, Boston, Linkin Park, Blue Oyster Cult, and recently I've gotten into Local-H and Spacehog (hadn't really heard much of either besides a couple songs, but they're quite cool).

Wander into my room and you could hear rock from damn near any decade, and even some classical from time to time (Baroque era stuff is really relaxing if I feel like something quiet). Of course, you'll probably also hear "who are you and what the hell are you doing in my room?"

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music was cool to have, but the page loads sooooooo much faster without it. I usually have something else in the CD player anyway.

Okay, first things first. I love Radiohead in spite of my nick. Even the bizarre stuff that makes no sense (that is, their last 2 CDs).

Aside from that, it's classic rock (late period Beatles, Led Zep, Floyd), old-school alternative (old U2, REM, Cure, Smiths), and bizarre chicks (Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, etc.) I also have an pretty big collection of semi-obscure cheesy pop songs to annoy people with.

Random TYO musical thoughts:

• Best band nobody listens to anymore: The Clash. Buy London Calling right now.
  • Best song ever recorded: "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. Need a reason to frag me? There it is.
  • In my CD player today while playing TFC: ABBA Gold, because it makes me want to kill people. And because chicks dig that groovy "Fernando" song.

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS you might know from the "Get to Know Eachother" thread, I have to have music playing while I play on TFC...If there is no music, I suck. I just dig through my vast library of mp3s and dig out a bunch for that night's romp through TheVilles. Looks like I've got some pretty heavy bands compared to whats up there now. In no particular Order...

• Assemblage 23
  • Cannible Corpse
  • Deicide
  • Front Line Assembly

are some of my favorite bands to listen to while Fragging. I'm not limited to that though, Some local Punk bands...and some techno, plus I like to get video game music and classical. Holst-The planets: "Mars, the Bringer of War", my favorite classical composition. MarioRPG :"SmithyBattle 2" favorite video game track.
Also Don't forget to go to the "Town Hall" forum of the boards under EXTRA! YourPowersAreWeakOldMan to Flash the Ville.Org and give input on music for the Theme of TheVille.Org Trailer I'm making in flash for TheVilles.

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gets out his scalpal and transplants his post from the other bands topic to here*

For me it's:
Marilyn Manson, Staind, Rammstein, Nirvana, Eminem (a bit), Green Day, Blink 182, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Muse, Proclaimers, Queen (natch) & Wheatus.

Probably lots of others, but I can't remember them right now.....oh and I currently really like the single by Uncle Kraker - Follow Me

Maian - I don't like these bands cos they can't spell, I like them cos they do (IMHO) good music. I agree tho that Staind's rock stuff is a bit dodgy - but the more ballady stuff (Outside) is fantastic!

{NiGhTpRoWlEr}

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
in no paticular order...

AC/DC, KISS, Metallica, Judas Priest, Kid Rock, Rob Zombie, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Beatles, Led Zepplin.. etc.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daigle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow some people like alot of crap ( p ditty he is not rapper).Now that that is said i like Nonpoint,Static-x, Pantera,Deftones,and also some rap.I also like some classic rock Doors,beatles,the who, etc. .Yes Staind does suck i had to sit threw one of there concerts.
erba_knoff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... i like thise!
well BEATLES and ELVIS always good!
and what about Koji Kondo!
or Cornelis Wrejsvik!

FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Bands
-Black Sabbath
-Deep Purple
-Lynyrd Skynyrd
-Cheap Trick
-KISS
-Rush
-Smashing Pumpkins
-STP
-Soundgarden
-Alice In Chains
-ZZ Top
-Staind
-Tool
-Ac/Dc
-Rage
-Yes
-The Beatles
-Stones
-Hendrix
-The Doors
-The Police
-MOTORHEAD!

This list only includes bands I have at least 3 of their CD's. This doesn't include them all. I have over 600 cd's, many of which are compilations done by me. If it's rock based in some form, then I probably have it.

Dislike
-Marilyn Manson (just don't like the music)

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot Aerosmith.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of Fragfailures picks. But add the following.

Twisted Sister (go figure)
Alice Cooper
Van Halen
Trooper (for all you 70s/80s Canucks)
Iron Maiden

and for when I am in a mellower state

Genesis / Phil Collins

oh, you can remove the doors and the stones, they dont do anything for me but annoy me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: