FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
<<<< more admins? >>>>

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: <<<< more admins? >>>> Reply with quote

Youll need more admins in the ville servers, ive been playin for the past few days and there has been a lot of problems unresolved. How would you go about being an admin for these servers. if not me, then others

thx
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The admins can't be here 24/7 on all servers. Items are dealt with asap provided you have the correct and sufficient information and post it for the admins to take action. They will if they feel that it is justified. The admins that are here are doing a great job but also bear in mind that you can have too many chiefs. The ville servers are amongest the most llama free servers that there are, at least IMHO. If you find it too stressful here then may I suggest bayer aspirin, they do wonders. Using diplomacy works wonders at times and if not try scar tactics.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

If u have a problem post it in the complaint forum.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins do a great job indeed, and yes theville servers are the most llama free to the B servers in all of TFC

But to tell you the truth, sometimes I see admins not even caring to warn those who act llamaish or even ban. I was in a game where an admin just sat around and did nothing to a flag holder on flagrun the whole entire friggin game. Yes people were complaning, but nothing was done him/her.

But all-in-all, admins do a great job here no doubt. If you were going to compare theville servers to petes/blueyonder/HomeLan and so forth theville can't get any better.

When I go to HomeLan even the leet llama red headed step child admins think I cheat and warn me for bannage for spy checking. SPY CHECKING OMG. Whatever, some people can be ultra sheik sensitive these dayz

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Monk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Trigger, I too get in trouble on other servers for spy checking. It is always a problem when the server doesn't run mirror damage and just strips your teammates armor instead. It is really annoying though when your engie comes running into your base with his rail gun out and then complains when you shoot him There is no question, TV is the best place to play if you want llama free servers.

I do agree however that it would be nice if there were some more admins who tend to frequent the servers more often. It seems that some of the admins don't play here too often. I think it would be a good idea to update the admin list every now and then. I am not suggesting that you take away admin powers from admins who don't play here as often anymore, but rather that you continue to give admin powers to people who play on the servers a lot. This way it is more likely that an admin will be on when a problem occurs. Anyway, just my two cents. Don't get me wrong here. I will always be thankful for the wonderful service our admins are providing us with and I must congratulate you all on the wonderful job you do in keeping our servers clean. I am just brainstorming on ways to make it even better.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger Happy wrote:
Admins do a great job indeed, and yes theville servers are the most llama free to the B servers in all of TFC

But to tell you the truth, sometimes I see admins not even caring to warn those who act llamaish or even ban. I was in a game where an admin just sat around and did nothing to a flag holder on flagrun the whole entire friggin game. Yes people were complaning, but nothing was done him/her.

But all-in-all, admins do a great job here no doubt. If you were going to compare theville servers to petes/blueyonder/HomeLan and so forth theville can't get any better.

When I go to HomeLan even the leet llama red headed step child admins think I cheat and warn me for bannage for spy checking. SPY CHECKING OMG. Whatever, some people can be ultra sheik sensitive these dayz

Purus wrote:
Lol Trigger, I too get in trouble on other servers for spy checking. It is always a problem when the server doesn't run mirror damage and just strips your teammates armor instead. It is really annoying though when your engie comes running into your base with his rail gun out and then complains when you shoot him There is no question, TV is the best place to play if you want llama free servers.

I do agree however that it would be nice if there were some more admins who tend to frequent the servers more often. It seems that some of the admins don't play here too often. I think it would be a good idea to update the admin list every now and then. I am not suggesting that you take away admin powers from admins who don't play here as often anymore, but rather that you continue to give admin powers to people who play on the servers a lot. This way it is more likely that an admin will be on when a problem occurs. Anyway, just my two cents. Don't get me wrong here. I will always be thankful for the wonderful service our admins are providing us with and I must congratulate you all on the wonderful job you do in keeping our servers clean. I am just brainstorming on ways to make it even better.

good points from both of u and tips on how we keep our new ppl and regs happy on playing here .. we have about 20 admins and i notice that there can be 5 or six on hand but undercover .. tfc is a great level to play lots of great maps on!! And i love some of the new ones they come out with and hope to try some of them very soon .. Well i just wanna say in clear words Congratulations Admins and villuns on keeping a happy server for us to play on.. and i think 20 admins is enough for 5 servers to keep busy on .. they all have a family life to besides gaming and we all can't be around all the time
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: