FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Please dont run IN FRONT of snipers...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackHawk_REG_1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Please dont run IN FRONT of snipers... Reply with quote

One thing i get annoyed with is people who run infront of your charged up rifle, JUST as u fire it, and it says u killed yoself. makes ya look real smart, while the other guy is laughing and sayin "oh well" the point of this useless thread is PLEASE dont run infront of snipers! WE'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER! this also goes for demomen, who lay detpacks only to find their own team standing on top of em. (it is funny cause your like CRAP!!) ok that is all. you can reply now.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever notice that many snipers back themselves up against a wall though? Kind of hard not to go in front of them in those cases. Just thought I'd point that out.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hey, what can you do? If a scout runs in front of you while you have a charged up rifle and you fire, it's not his fault, but rather your fault because either--

A: You're too impatient and want to shoot the enemy too quickly
B: You're too slow and didn't shoot the enemy before the scout ran in front of you

but hey, at least he got a nice big boost in the direction he wanted to go!
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most of the time the person who runs infront of you doesnt do it intentionally. They don't know when your going to fire.
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i personally always try and go around the back of any sniper i c. but as has already been said, if your back is to the wall, its impossible to go around the back of you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the answer to this problem is to not play sniper.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
I think the answer to this problem is to not play sniper.

Here, Here Way to go Torak!
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, can we NOT run in the way of an HW when i'm trying to fat it up? I'd also like it if you could avoid running into MIRVS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipers please don't stand in the doorways. It makes it hard for us scouts and medics to launch our cons and for others to get buy you. If your going to snip stay away from any action area, you know hide somewhere where it would be almost inpossible for you to get hurt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongoose_Slayer wrote:
I'm sure most of the time the person who runs infront of you doesnt do it intentionally. They don't know when your going to fire.

Exactly the case. Nothing like that is intentional. I've been playing sniper more and it's happened to me a couple of times. I can usually hear the people around me but accidents happen. Deal with it. Also if you stay out of the action areas then there is less likely the chance that you will hit people.

And for those of you that don't like snipers I say deal with it. I can only get better than how I've been playing lately. Smile for the little red dot

God Bless You Blue Ruler
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on this subject let's not forget about the classes in NTF that can go invisible. Don't be standing in the <Doorways & Narrow areas> of a map. I don't know how many times I have been approached by an nme's spam and unable to run cuz a teammate is crouched in front of me or behind me.
#Turn-l #Turn-l #Beammeup-alien SpeCies #Beammeup-alien
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o completly of topic but... brn thas one crazy dummy you got you kid there. . when i first looked at it i was like " what on earth is that. how you manage that " i slow you c.. but i figured it out. i bet you were in tears of laughter when lookin back ova them pics. lol. n1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not very good at sniping but there is a lot of good hints here on how it works.. but being backed to a wall it's hard to walk in front without being killed by the rifle...

SpeCies wrote:
While we're on this subject let's not forget about the classes in NTF that can go invisible. Don't be standing in the <Doorways & Narrow areas> of a map. I don't know how many times I have been approached by an nme's spam and unable to run cuz a teammate is crouched in front of me or behind me. SpeCies
And this is also a good point on sniping and how can we work things out on the doorways and such? but i thank everybody for the tips on sniping help for me and see u all in a game soon
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I LOL when I see that I hate snipers.I do however duck when I walk in front of one because hey they might kill someone I will have to fight

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad Galaderiel, I feel guilty when playing this class. I am saying to myself, "Damn I suck, I hope nobody wants this slot"... You are right thou, it's alway's good to hear eachside of the coin regardless if you like or dislike a certain class, they all have saved each of our tails at onetime or another. #Smile_colors

[quote="-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]"]i am not very good at sniping but there is a lot of good hints here on how it works.. but being backed to a wall it's hard to walk in front without being killed by the rifle...

SpeCies wrote:
And this is also a good point on sniping and how can we work things out on the doorways and such? but i thank everybody for the tips on sniping help for me and see u all in a game soon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: