FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Competition factor here at theville and my goodbye.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Competition factor here at theville and my goodbye. Reply with quote

I don't know how to say this, but does anyone else feel like the competition factor here has been growing more and more and things are seeming to becoming more like a league? I know that is one of things I have been feeling. Many of you have probably noticed how things have been for me in-game lately, not good. One of the many things have influenced this is that I feel like I have been left in the dust. This isn't the only reason. I think it is one of the biggest for myself, that I just don't feel like I am able to keep up with the skill of everyone else. Another big thing that has bugged me is how slow everything is for myself and I there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Frustration has settled in greatly on my part and I am still considering what I am going to do next.

Last edited by Vulcan on Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Competition factor here at theville Reply with quote

Unbind your showscores key if it's pressing that hard on your
mind. Or quit playing and do something else for a while.

It's all cool. Nobody here is going to be executed if they finish
with a bad kill/death ratio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play at TVI 24/7 Avanti, no one really takes that place seriously so it's a great place for most of us to just chill out and have fun = just like the good old days.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ameanman wrote:
Play at TVI 24/7 Avanti, no one really takes that place seriously so it's a great place for most of us to just chill out and have fun = just like the good old days.

24/7 Avanti is truly a blessing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and if you feel that your not having fun playing TFC anymore, take a break. do somethign else for a while. There are alot of good players here and thats what makes it fun. Besides, who cares about stats and ratios anyways. It's all about having fun
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you man I have seen you in game and your lag is real bad With lag like that demo/spy/engu are about your only options.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
I feel for you man I have seen you in game and your lag is real bad With lag like that demo/spy/engu are about your only options.

i palyed med with that lag, aol 56k, if you go scout with that lag... you teleport instad of running, lol either way, 500 ping on the path isn't fun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Borg, competition has gotten better at The Ville. Don't feel discouraged about getting your @ss kicked, it happens to the best of us. In fact, playing against better people makes you a better player, and does more for you than playing against newbies would. If i was you, i would take a week, or so off. Play UT2003, a game which requires no skill (I would know, I've played it )

^^^ Clicky
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started feeling the pressure, I took a while off... I just took waaay to long to come back... about 8 months...
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ply or leave are your 2 options.

DK
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that, while skill levels among most players have risen greatly in the past few months, the majority of people like to play in a casual, fun style. Of course, this is open to over-interpretation, but I'm sure that the fun-loving majority won't be driven away by the over-enthusiasm of some for league play.
Stick with us Borg, no-one wants to see you leave. And Ameanman is right, TV1 is where most of us learned to play, have fun and enjoy TheVille greatly. I'd hate to see anyone throw all that away.

Last edited by `RaphX on Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah dont forget about the 1/3 of our group that a comp plyrs.

Ok I am going to shut up now.

DK
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It dosn't take to much skill to have a 300 plus suicide rate does it. Thats just down right dumb, and a great way to draw attention isn't it. The only thing any of us can do is to do our best. If thats not good enough for ourselves then its just to bad. Get on with it and do what you have to do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF I play here mostly only for TV1 and the mass orgies (with my bfs J and Pug)!

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really feel a big sense of competition, i mean sure theres always going to be some of it but not like a league. Yea Borg you should take a break if you feel that way though, you could be getting slow in your old age

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: