FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Player of the week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your infected of course you kill yourself. It's not really an issue of being a good team player or not by not infecting your team. It's more the issue that if you sit there and let your health run down and the enemy desides to show when you have 22 health you, and your flag is fucked.

Geeze people, you bring stats back and then you are unhappy when someone has a high k to d. It's not like it will matter much - there isn't even a POTW award, probably for this reason.
Whatever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Svvord is a very good player, and deserves to be recognized myself. I love it when he is on my team, and I do hate going against him. I think he helps the team out at the least...and may make some players a little tenative to go and try to cap when he is on D.

As for Lin's comment, I play the way I want to play. If that means I go kamikaze, I will...either way, I believe I help my team out by being disruptive. I might spam at times, or even play a stupid scout with a crowbar. No matter what, I am enjoying myself, and that is the most important part. I don't worry about what my other teammates are doing. If they are screwing around, then that means they want to...let them be. Why do you have to worry about what they are doing? This is not a league, and the scores are not life or death. You are not going to win a thing.

Just my opinions...

I just play the way I want to play...not the way others want me to play. I follow the rules of the server I am on...period.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Geeze people, you bring stats back and then you are unhappy when someone has a high k to d. It's not like it will matter much - there isn't even a POTW award, probably for this reason.

No one is unhappy that this person had a high k/d ratio. It's just that not too many people really care. There is no player of the week because of this reason. Posts like these highlighting someone's k/d ratio are not only pointless but bare no resemblence of a persons in game attitude. We have all been playing as hard and harder before statistics were brought back. Did you see any posts about k/d ratio screenshots or anyone pointing out an individual soley because of their k/d ratio before stats came back? No because no one really draws an opinion of someone soley because they had a high k/d ratio. Nor does it even say anything about their "skill". I have had better k/d ratios than this many times and I'm not so l337!

I've never even seen this person before. I have no idea who it is. If it is "Svvord", I still could care less about his k/d ratio. I could name at least 20 people that deserve to be recognized for their play before this person. And they would be recognized for everything from team play to having a great fun attitude in game.

The point is, there is no player of the week. So nominating someone for the award makes no sense. All the POTW ever did was show who played the most and had the highest k/d ratio. I saw several good people and @holes alike get this award. It speaks nothing about a person's attitude in game and thus it is a pointless award. Probably why we don't have it!

If there were no stats, would this post be here? I seriously doubt it. It's just that now people can go look and break down exactly who did what, where, how, and when. Outstanding stats. . I see nothing outstanding other than this post.

This person does not post here, nor is it someone I would even consider as a regular here at TheVille. So no, I am not very intersted in hearing about this person's statistcal gameplay. If this post had been about the person's great attitude and TPF attitude, I would have said, "right on! GG", but it's not about anything but a k/d ratio. In fact, the original post said nothing about this person's attitude, just "hey, great statistics".

I do not look at statistics. Ever. They do not interest me. Highlighting the statistics of someone that no one really even knows, isn't going to draw a ton of kudos. So don't be so suprised that not too many really care.

Post away and continue to congratulate people on their statistical gameplay. It's an open forum. Just don't be suprised when some of us don't jump for joy.

I'm not trying to down anyone for enjoying statistics. There is nothing wrong with the current system. I would just rather see someone recognized for being a fun TPF player rather than having good statistical gameplay.

Thx
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<tired sigh, looking back at original post>

"If I had to attribute a POTW for outstanding stats...etc"

Now let me clear something out:
Did I mention "for TPF"?
Did I mention "for being funny"?
For anything else than his stats?
DId I ever said I wished a POTW award was implemented?

No

I simply pointed out a guy who got 20k/d ratio. I do not know how this guy play, though he got me 5 times. Maybe he sucks at TPF, I do not know. All I know is 20/1 is impressive, even though I do not know the way he did it. If this guy turned out here and said "hey, look how good I am", well he would have deserved the spanking. All I did was, "hey look at this guy numbers for the past week", but I never said he was a great player.

You can say whatever you want about "stats are not important, no topics are started about it" and thus make my original post evil for TPF. However, what do you make of those daily awards, where lots of ppl here are going for the "most roasted players", of "dispenser kills", etc? In fact, it is not much different than the best k/d ratio. Some players will change a lot of their play to get those awards. And topics DO exist for these awards.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awards can be fun, but if you play for awards.. i'd say you are deffinately not playing for stats. as for rivers he is the best d solly i've seen, but i never see him do anything else, or post, or talk in game for that matter. if you are reading this rivers... please at least respond in game, liek i say... " how long did it take you to get so good" all you hvae to say is " 3" or someitnhg leikt hat and it'll be fine.. unless typing while in spawn realy distracts you that much? oh well he kicked my arse plenty o times and i only got him leik once.. go figure? oh well i'm done tlaking before is ay sometihng thaty'll get me flamed, lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More things change the more they stay the same. I only have three words for this topic...

blah, blah, blah

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheheh - maybe on a deathmatch server those numbers would be impressive. 6 Caps however kinda makes it laughable, doesn't it.

http://www.melenie.com
The Axacam® - Now more popular than pr0n

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only have three words for this topic...

blah, blah, blah

hehehe My sentiments exactly!

Paddy, it's no big thang man. Don't take it personally. I definately was not trying to make you feel bad for posting this. I understand you were just saying "hey, look at this". Just understand that some of us are just saying, "hey, it's nothing special". I mean, in this entire post, I was the only other person (besides you) who even bothered to congratulate A Flood on his statistical gameplay.

As for the other awards, you try to get an award for killng the most SG's with a 20/1 k/d ratio. It won't friggin happen. The other awards all promote TPF in many ways. Having a good k/d ratio says nothing about TPF. It only says that you have a 20/1 k/d ratio.

Don't worry, it's just some people talking. No big thang.
Ville Admin - Retired
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axa wrote:
Heheheh - maybe on a deathmatch server those numbers would be impressive. 6 Caps however kinda makes it laughable, doesn't it.

is there a way tos ee who ahs the msot caps?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I said GJ too

I think you all are overlooking one important factor. SVVORD IS A TEAM PLAYER. More so than 95% of the ville. Team play is continually mistaken with nonsense. A sniper running around with a cbar is more readily called a team player than a solid D soldier who prevents your team from getting raped. He plays defense for 2i, so I don't see why playing D on pubs is so wrong. There is a lot more to teamplay than caps. That only deals with the offense side. Svvord is one of the most effective D players here. Your're more likely to stop the cap alive than you are dead. I would much rather have Svvord on my team than most of you, and I think that would qualify him for player of the week. You can't down Svvord for being #1 and then go congratulate someone else for getting a daily award or something.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suicide EMP, anyone?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah! I'll take one!
Ville Admin - Retired
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is a very debatable. If one is going to play like a stat whore so be it. If one is going to play like TPF style so be it. I figured if the inidividual is performing these actions then others will have a different opinion on him/her regardless. Opinions go fig.

IMHO yes being a stat whore is bad. Your not helping your friggin team by doing that kind of stuff. Being a TPF player is more effective IMHO. You don't see league guys maintaining a crazy k/d ratio in a match do you? Nope. But can it be done? Yes. At theville it's a different story and yes it is legal here to be one.

When Pig, Mike and others told me that the old school stats are back I purposley did a test. I went ahead and played like a "stat whore" to see what everyones reaction would be. Yes I got some cool k/d ratio and I was 80 skill points away to being number 1 But...I analyzed peoples reaction and they start calling me a stat whore. Even my fellow brothers called me one While I was whoring it I didn't play O classes like spy, med or scout. I didn't even goof around because I was more serious then usual ie. crowbar fighting or blowing myself up infront of others.

Oh well like I said it isn't really that impossibly hard to be number 1. All it takes to avoid death and kill a lot. I got a hint for you all, play D Oh well, I got yelled at for being a stat whore and also I got yelled at for accepting them. Can joo say confusing? Good stuff.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a match the back soldier will usually put up a nice score. My bro went like 45-3 in the basement of 2fort once. I've seen screenshots where other back soldiers (ie battery) go like 70-1.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ya'll are just jealous.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: