FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your first time playing Team Fortress 1.5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hosway[CJP]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Your first time playing Team Fortress 1.5 Reply with quote

I have yet to know more people in TheVille, and I'm interested in meeting all of you. That's why I took the liberty to ask, when was the first time you've played Team Fortress Classic? Did it change the way you keep yourself entertained?

NOTE: Doesn't have to be a long story, just a brief summary.

And I'll be taking my time reading through the posts( if there's any).

---
Hosway[CJP] is now Doppelgangster.
Come, let's talk with swords!
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only have the game for about a year. The first server i began playing on was the ville 3 and i stayed playing there. There was a good mentality on the server so i registered here fter 3 months or so. Well now i'm still here and still interested in the game and the people here at the ville.

Did it change my way off passing my leisure time???? It certainly did. Before i went fishing when i had the time. Now i'm more behind my computer and fishing, well i'm not going fishing that much anymore.

Last edited by cobra on Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half-life and The Ville changed my life, I hope for the good
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing more than 3 years ago. A friend of mine from work was describing it to me so I had to try it out. The first time I went online was with him and he owned me. I was just fascinated by all the cool characters and stuff. He doesn't play online anymore but the Nipple frags on.

Has it changed my life?? You might say that. I have met lot's of people and made any friends. Galaderiel was the first long time friend and very soon after that was John Doe. I have met many of you in person. I never dreamed that all this would happen when I spent the money so long ago.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was probably the best $30 I ever spent on a single game. Never found anything else that could have stretched my money so far either! heheh!

I played HL/TFC for about a year when it first came out. Came back to it periodically with TFC online. Then I found a map I really enjoyed called Avanti. Filtered my server list to show avanti-only maps, found AVANTIVILLE, and the rest is history!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my finding of avantiville was similar to munky's, but the first time i played was at my friends house with an optical mouse, but not the normal scroll one, it had one of those big balls you move around... man was that fun, trying to learn how to play with a completely new mouse! but it was so much fun i stuck it out, and now i can be known as the guy that dies the msot on the ville!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out about The Ville around a year before i started playing. When I was over at Spanish Warpig's house, i would always see him playing it, and he would frequently tell me about his accomplishments in game. I didn't like it from just watching, I even made the comment that "it sucked." This last summer, i thought I'd give The Ville a shot, and it turned out to be reall fun. The majority of people were accepting of me, and I decided to continue to play here.

^^^ Clicky
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRkAtH -VS- wrote:
I found out about The Ville around a year before i started playing. When I was over at Spanish Warpig's house, i would always see him playing it, and he would frequently tell me about his accomplishments in game. I didn't like it from just watching, I even made the comment that "it sucked." This last summer, i thought I'd give The Ville a shot, and it turned out to be reall fun. The majority of people were accepting of me, and I decided to continue to play here.

i accept you... you accept my nades!!! j/k man
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been playing TFC for about 2-3 years maybe, TheVille is what made me play more cuz i got better and better, now i'm top in AC gun and MIRV kills w00t

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my first time was back in may 28th of 1998 when it was just coming out.. i didn't know much about the capping and the weapons ppl used.. meet a lot of great people and going through many different ip for some fun!! then came turkeyburgersville and vegastfc then meeting bright red nipples and me becoming an admin for vegastfc...

then i came here and been around since and this became one big happy family to me .. And i am glad to have meeet you in vegastfc also CJP and hope you come and have fun and frag with us soon ..
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew that TFC came with Half-Life. I really thought that computer games were for geeks back in the day because I would always play console games hehe. But when I bought my first laptop computer I was so excited I wanted to hump it And when I went to the computer store I was like OMG I think I'm turning into a geek But then I picked up a battle chest set for HL and finished HL Game Of the Year, BlueShift, Opposing Forces and so on. I was like what da heck is this TFC icon lingering on my desktop. So I clicked it and said damn this looks complicated and didn't even bother, LoL.

Finally one day I was sittin in my dorm with my laptop. I clicked the TFC 1.5 icon and started to explore. I asked my roommate hey, do you know about dis 5hi7 and he said," Oh TFC sucks you should play CS. Now that is the shiznits." I was like," How do you play it?" So he taught me how to sign on and all that bizWack and here I am.

I got hooked so much I didn't even finished ne of my hw. I just played HW all damn day and pounded my desk when I kept dying. I was like WTF man, why do I keep dying. Then I found out about my Ping LoL. I was pining like 400 at my dorm while playing HW back then. Oh well that was the noob days. After HW I went sniper, sniper to ng and so on and so forth. I always thought Soldier was a hard class, but then I started to play it more. My first kill was a headshot OMG. I was amazed and just practiced ever since. Then I introduced the game to <TVB>Swift!!! She was the computer geek no doubt. Her computer was 20 times better then my laptop and then she started to get hooked. Every weekend when I came home from school I would play on her computer. She had dsl and she built her own computer from spare parts. Me and her used to share her DSL. I would play on my laptop as she would play on her computer.

We used to play all the time and we got so close after that so I guess TFC brought us closer how weird And now that we are in TVB I just feel even more closer to her because we are in the same gulid no doubt. Good stuff.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Darkath

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
DaRkAtH -VS- wrote:

i accept you... you accept my nades!!! j/k man

"Pineapple Award =jFf- Gizanked-V= (200 kills with normalgrenade)"

Nice!!

^^^ Clicky
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh.

I used to be a CS junkie at the Clan [POKEMON] servers for around a year until i decided to try out a mod.

Changed my life forever.

I don't remember the first server i went on, but the first map i ever saw was Badlands. I was like, "Cool!!!"'

mind you this was 2 years ago when I was 10 years old =P

On vacation in China, I had my dad hook up his laptop for me to play. I had "The Ville" I, II, and III in my server list but never entered them. So one day, i thought, "eh, why not" and joined it.

[ADMIN] There are 18 people out of 22 slots, and there are no unreserved slots. Please try again later.

So after a quick trip to the kitchen to grab a juicebox, i came back and...Voila!

The Ville.

I STILL didn't know how most of the game's basics were, but the game was fun!!!! and the forums were fun, and i thought to myself--Wow! Cool!

Omega Initiative was one of my first friends.

And that's my story.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought half life cause it was the only game I didn't yet have that would run on the computer I had at the time... I was introduced to TFC by a friend who has turned out to be a CS junkie. (I can't stand CS).

TheVille I just sort of stumbled across in the server list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
beermug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out about tfc though a friend and he burned me a copy of it. Played the first time and it was all i could think about. When im in school alls i think about is comming home and playing. I've played for about a year now and i don't think i'll ever stop. I just randomly picked the ville server one time and i decided i would contuine playing there because they had stats. In the beginning i would get in a little trouble or spamming spawn on avanti but i learned the rules and enjoyed the people so i kept playing here.

Yes this is my first post here i only registered about a week ago!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: