FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bannings..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigCaulk69 wrote:
5th GHG E.G. Mine wrote:

It is coming down to where The 'Ville that many of us know and love is going to have to be re-evaluated. It is going to be that we have to take a step back and see what is going on from a spectator mode.

that is something that should have happened a long long time ago. not here to bad mouth, but i think theville is past the point of no return. i remember when it started going down hill too, but that is just my opinion that i will keep to myself.

Honestly, if ppl would simply shut up and play, this wouldn't be happening. Do you see Hoax involved in similar ridiculous arguments in the forum? Galadriel? Wood? They are here to play, and they are not wasting time arguing into pointless discussion about this and that and that also, like many ppl here. Strangely its always the same ppl arguing.

This is absolute childish behavior, trying to impress other ppl with "clever" arguments. Do you know what, the majority here DO NOT CARE about your arguments.

Its strange, I play at these servers all week long, I'm not a TVB member, I do not suck their dick either as I do not know any of them (well except Hoaxie, but our relationship started before she became TVB). Strangely I have fun and I do not complain..... VERY strange that the Ville goes down and I do not see it on the server. I SEE IT HERE THOUGH, because of these ridiculous arguments.

Shut up and play. Period

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack-VS wrote:
BigCaulk69 wrote:
5th GHG E.G. Mine wrote:

It is coming down to where The 'Ville that many of us know and love is going to have to be re-evaluated. It is going to be that we have to take a step back and see what is going on from a spectator mode.

that is something that should have happened a long long time ago. not here to bad mouth, but i think theville is past the point of no return. i remember when it started going down hill too, but that is just my opinion that i will keep to myself.

Honestly, if ppl would simply shut up and play, this wouldn't be happening. Do you see Hoax involved in similar ridiculous arguments in the forum? Galadriel? Wood? They are here to play, and they are not wasting time arguing into pointless discussion about this and that and that also, like many ppl here. Strangely its always the same ppl arguing.

This is absolute childish behavior, trying to impress other ppl with "clever" arguments. Do you know what, the majority here DO NOT CARE about your arguments.

Its strange, I play at these servers all week long, I'm not a TVB member, I do not suck their dick either as I do not know any of them (well except Hoaxie, but our relationship started before she became TVB). Strangely I have fun and I do not complain..... VERY strange that the Ville goes down and I do not see it on the server. I SEE IT HERE THOUGH, because of these ridiculous arguments.

Shut up and play. Period

....good points
but i must admit i found this piece of paper on the ground earlier on warpath.... lol

hoaxie's and gala's list of things to do... wrote:
1.chit chat
2. run around in circles
3. play to have fun
4. play to win
5. chit chat some more
6. spam spam spam
7. avoid crazy medics
8. to be announced....

Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with PJ.

Honestly, guys...a game is a game. Play well, play nice, have a great time. I know that's what I do. TFC is a blast.

I kinda wish we had Munk's grudge server back...Maybe if we had it back we could all settle our strifes, Mulch_DM style.
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
Read rule # 1 in the MOTD

Maybe YOU should read that rule.....
Poseidon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposing opinions to anything are part of everything. If there weren't people that disagreed with other views (unfortunatlely sometimes those in charge) Where would we be today?

People who are harsh, abrasive, and even sometimes rude on the forums should not be allowed to post, however if that same person is virtually silent in game do they deserve to be banned from the servers?

SHAFT wrote:
Maybe YOU should read that rule....
Good point, I've personally seen Bada Bing say some pretty nasty things, much worse than some of those who are currently banned. They may not be on the forums, but on the servers is much worse IMHO, but then again, what does anyone care what I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has answered my question/statement about Disgruntled Goat's banning, he doesn't deserve it. He simply posted to a thread where both sides were bickering, why just ban one side? The others could have simply stayed away from it but chose to participate. Does that make them better? So please explain to me why he was banned other than the rule #1 because both sides were not as pure as snow... Bada i've had experiences with you under alias, where you treated me like shit, so don't act like you are high and mighty.

Also, paddy when a friend of mine gets banned for something underserved, in my mind. It lowers the fun I have at the servers, because that's one less friend I am playing with/against. And since I hardly come around anymore I don't know many of the new faces around, so I mainly just come to theville with Goat to pub.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ DG had a few posts erased from some of those threads, maybe jsut one. he carried something too far i spose. i'm through with this thread. usually people act hwo theya re gonna act, whatbe said or not, they are who they are, lets go frag now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New faces are a constant here. New faces are good. People come and go and it has always been that way.

Constantly breaking rule# 1 in game limits the amount of new faces we see here. That just plain sucks. No one wants to get bitched at for breaking rules that are not in place on TheVille servers by people who constanly down TheVille and it's admins. It makes for a crappy gaming environment for everyone.

Breaking rule# 1 on a daily basis on the forums or in game are grounds for bannage. I do not know much of Goat, but the others I am completely familiar with.

Rule# 1 was broken on a daily basis by most of them and I agree with the decision that was made.

Thinking all of this had to do with the eP attacking US-V thread is narrow minded. This has been an ongoing thing for a few months. I am sure that thread was just the last straw. But I don't know anything about what was decided, who what where how or when.

I know that if banning people will allow us to have our fun back in and out of game, then so be it. This was not a surprise to most people. If anything, it was long overdue.

You have to give all of the admins respect for giving chance after chance after chance to the people banned. The envelope was not only pushed, but ripped open and torn apart. Are these the only people who have behaved this way? No. Were they banned for being Ville supporters and all around great people? No.

I understand your willingness to stand up for your friends EE. I applaud you for that. I just think it's time we all moved onward and let the past fade.

The decision obviously took a VERY long time to make and I doubt it will be reversed after all the anguish involved in making it.

It's just my opinion and mine alone. I'm not saying any of this to be mean. I am happy with the decision and I am sure most of us would like to just move on. It's done.

Thx
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you understand me KRG, as I've said in my previous posts, I am not going to stick up for the others because I have no first hand knowledge of what they did. But with goat, we pub together a lot at Theville, and when we pubbed we minded our own business and made fun of each other. And when he did post here it wasn't to put Theville down, if he came across that way he said he apoligizes. And even so, he hasn't shown any disdain towards the ville, only to a certain few who play here. Is that worthy of a ban? I don't think so, and especially since he just stated his opinion supporting a topic of a thread in the complaint department with some occurences with the USV. He didn't put them down, infact from what I read they put him down first. So why not ban the whole parties involved in the thread instead of one side? I'll reiterate one more time I am speaking solely on the behalf of DISGRUNTLED GOAT, I can not stand up for the others as I am not aware of what they may have done.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread will not change anything.

The bans will stand.

EE you may pm me if you like.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trippin foo. I never heard Bada cuss on the mic before and I play with him the most of time.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roofcutter, I like that PM you sent to ToRaK. That really makes me comfortable playing here. I now truly understand how you run things here, have fun with it while it lasts, bye.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: