FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Acropolis2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of a flakey server between myself and Alabama, I find myself playing on TV3 and TV4 lately. TV4 is still slow going although it was picking up recently and does very good on weekends.

My problem is Most every night I've been on TV3 acropolis2 is like the kiss of death to the server. It will be 8 v 8 or 10 v 10 and rotate to acropolis2 and end up 4 v 4 with a couple people leaving during the map.

Now I really like the map but it sure kills the server late at night. Has anyone else noticed this at other times as well ? Should we request it be removed from rotation ?
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo its picking up all the time!
I've noticed that it is getting more popular as more people get it downloaded.
I've seen avanti low on people on 1 lately at odd times also. Its just part of the cycle.
Actually I've played on some full cycles on acropolis2 in the last week.

Jacoughski

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed the same trend, but I personally like the map and think we should stick with it. It's a change of pace from just all avanti.

LanceMantis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played that much on Acropolis2 so I have no official opinion on it.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good map, bad glitches. I found that you can walk along certain walls high above the ground and that you can fall through a part of the map and people get stuck in the doors. Other than that it's great
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
llama_beans
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea there is a glich, should I keep crossover2 in the rotation. I'm sick of that map, any suggestions..or should I just keep it in..... I'm also open for changing acropolis out just give me some ideas on what you would like to see in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for taking out crossover! And I'm a fan of Casbah, but I've heard that it's unbalanced though I don't know what makes it such. I played Tiger for the first time today and it was pretty fun. Cap points map similar to canalzone.

kazebari?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we should get dustbowl.

I dunno...or that japanese-like-dustbowl-type map..Osaka was it?

Hmmm....

Casbah, i think, is stupid. The map is uneven, and i think one of the teams has an advantage because of the map style
Demented Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like crossover, please don't get rid of it. I would like to see Osaka added, If it could be modified so that the teams switch roles when all points are capped.

Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah keep crossover2 in, i get lots of spy and pipebomb kills there. I also noticed that acro2 does seem to kill the servers at night, and the door glich pisses me off, it always kills me.

Does any one know the map thats like um..... i dont know the name but its like.... 2 bases with green water and a thing in the middle like a bunker.

>

[ This Message was edited by: Secret Agent Man on 2001-12-08 00:46 ]
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like acropolis. I haven't run into any of the glitches the others are talking about, so my own good fortune there. I would like to say that if acropolis was on more often, I would stay on more. I am getting tired of avanti, I mean I like the map and all, but it is ALWAYS on!! it seems like every time I get on, every server is playing avanti. Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avanti is what the ville was built on. Other than turkeyburgers that is!!

I agree with you about acropolis2. I really like it, and perfer to play that map when it is on. I have not had to much trouble with the glitches, but who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acropolis and crossover2 are both good maps with good teamwork otherwise the games are lopsided.Please no dustbowl can anyone say spam spam spam spam

[ This Message was edited by: Bada Bing on 2001-12-08 02:12 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be in favor in keeping acropolis2. I really enjoy that map and am glad it has managed to stay in the rotation despite being a custom map. As for the door glitch, you can usually get out of being stuck by jumping forward while ducking. My vote would also be for keeping crossover2. The Ville 3 is currently my favorite rotation of the Villes.
Monk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-12-08 00:44, Secret Agent Man wrote:

Does any one know the map thats like um..... i dont know the name but its like.... 2 bases with green water and a thing in the middle like a bunker.

I believe that you are referring to Well. It is in rotation one of the servers, I think #2.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: