FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What video card do you all think I should get?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?
Nvidia
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
ATI Radeon
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: What video card do you all think I should get? Reply with quote

Hmmm?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can recommend is what i have, nvidia. its prolly the worse oen though, lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried both in my computer but the one i have now has a radeon video card... i would say price wise which is your best bet and what type of speed do u get out of using either video for graphics?? i am not computer wise on my info .. but i would say the choice is up to u and the money you wanna spend on your new video card... good luck on finding one mikey!!
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the one with the smallest box. This will make it easier to shoplift.

:: DISCLAIMER - TYO and the other members of TVB in no way encourage or support criminal activities such as shoplifting. However, if you do plan on "accidentally" leaving a store with a video card, we suggest that you use a conc grenade to propel yourself over those detector thingies by the front door. We do not recommend using a pipebomb or rocket jump, as these weapons are sometimes associated with terrorist factions. And using a napalm jump will leave you open to arson charges. Thank you. ::

Last edited by Thom Yorke Obliterator on Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:
Get the one with the smallest box. This will make it easier to shoplift.

He is a wise man... and i knwo the EB at the nittany mall is looking for you TYO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting an 8x AGP one! I'm building my own system.

Now I need to know a good AMD XP 2100+ cooler!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey!!!! You just had to get an AMD 100 faster than mine, huh? (i got AMD Athlon XP 2000) Get a GeForce 4 card, they rock. (You don't have to get a titanium, but a MX440 would do..). It's best to get the processor already package with a fan(combo set), because then you got the fan built by AMD for that specfic processor.

Whatever

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Geforce. One, I have owned two Geforce cards, and they have been excellent. My current one is a Ti4200, and the one before that was a Geforce 2 GTS.

I have used ATI cards at work, and they have been fine, but they are not in the same class in my opinion.

Now, I would suggest you search on the web...there are a lot of review sites out there that can help you decide which to get. Here are a couple of those sites:

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/revindex.htm

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q3/020916/cooler-59.html

That last one talks about fans. You can also go to the Nvidia and ATI websites...good sources, even if they are biased.

I am planning to build my own computer soon as well. I might just post the specifics here in a bit.

Hope that helps you!!!!

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a GeForce Ti 4600 and its like nite and day. Expensive but oh so sweet
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mikey how soon are you going to do this? If it's going to take you a couple months to get all the parts you might want to wait and the vidcard and get the NV30, the next generation Nivida chip.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linktodeath wrote:
Mikey!!!! You just had to get an AMD 100 faster than mine, huh? (i got AMD Athlon XP 2000) Get a GeForce 4 card, they rock. (You don't have to get a titanium, but a MX440 would do..). It's best to get the processor already package with a fan(combo set), because then you got the fan built by AMD for that specfic processor.

Do Not Get A MX!!! They are just overclocked geforce 2 cores. Get a Geforce 3 or 4 ti. The 4200 is best bang for your buck and a lot of them overclock nicely. Its what I would get if I had some money.
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you want info on cpu coolers goto http://www.overclockers.com

Im gonna try not to get upset at the guy that recommended THG for info...
Whatever

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, next time I will not attempt to help.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever wrote:
I would say Geforce. One, I have owned two Geforce cards, and they have been excellent. My current one is a Ti4200, and the one before that was a Geforce 2 GTS.

I have used ATI cards at work, and they have been fine, but they are not in the same class in my opinion.

Now, I would suggest you search on the web...there are a lot of review sites out there that can help you decide which to get. Here are a couple of those sites:

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/revindex.htm

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q3/020916/cooler-59.html

That last one talks about fans. You can also go to the Nvidia and ATI websites...good sources, even if they are biased.

I am planning to build my own computer soon as well. I might just post the specifics here in a bit.

Hope that helps you!!!!
those links of yours looks great and i will keep them in mind when and if i start home building a computer with it parts .. thats very nice of you to share these and a great help for me in my future ideas ... thxs for sharing these whatever
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: