FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Should we limit snipers on Acropolis to -1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we set sniper limit to -1 on Acropolis?
Yes?
41%
 41%  [ 19 ]
No?
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Just deal with it, I am a sniper.
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 46

osiris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I amen? AMEN Hoaxie!
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been my experience that if you don't have a balance in a game, it doesn't survive. TFC seems to have survived very well considering all the supposed OVERPOWERED and WEAK classes in the game. At the Ville the sniper limit has always been 2 by default. For some reason it became 3 on TV3. Some maps really should have other limits like NO snipers on MurderBall.

The original question was about limiting Snipers on Acropolis2. A point was made about how warpath was also a good candidate for limiting snipers as well. This was NOT intended to be a sniper bashing thread. Instead we get generic sniper bashing, they are too powerfull comments or they are too weak comments and therefore should be restricted. I agree that when you constantly get snipped when you are on O, it can be very frustrating. Find a way to deal with it. I do find it funny that people who want to limit certain classes they don't play, get very upset if someone suggests they limit their favorite class.

Their are so many ways across and so many angles to attack from that I don't see 2 snipers being a problem on acropolis2. Not sure how I feel about warpath but I do feel strongly that sniper, spy and HW needs to be limited to 2 on all the Ville servers by default and 3 should be the maximum for ANY other class.
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I swear you will take any opportunity to slam someone.

Not like i go out of my way, It's made painfullly simple for me. I don't fear karma, too.

Quote:
It has been my experience that if you don't have a balance in a game, it doesn't survive. TFC seems to have survived very well considering all the supposed OVERPOWERED and WEAK classes in the game.

Yea but TFC is dying out now, in case you havn't noticed. Day after day i hear about someone else quitting TFC. Not to say it's -always- because of a lack of balance, but the most common three are bordom, lack of time, and sick of people playing lame. Often snipers are encompassed within playing lame, along with the famed two hw two engie Defense, as well as d medics, o hws and many levels of other things. (This is actually not an insult, it's honest fact.)

Quote:
I do find it funny that people who want to limit certain classes they don't play, get very upset if someone suggests they limit their favorite class.

My favorite class is Demo because i love pipe airshots, You blue lover. (<--- That however was an insult. Hah.) I don't think anyone had mentioned limiting them, but limiting the class to two is fine, since in most peoples hands a demo is just a constant stream of spam. Once again a small number tarnishing the name of a full class. Such is life.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
deadprez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing sniper takes no skill...I got bored the other night and decided to mess play sniper. Notice that I've maybe played sniper a total of 10 times ever and haven't done so in about 4 months. I went 113-8 on 2fort at The Hood. Didn't take much practice or skill IMO. Not too hard to hide, click, hold, peak out, release, hide again, repeat. HWs take more skill than that, atleast they don't hide from everyone.

Sniper limit at The Hood is 1, that's nice. Usually some idiot who can't snipe gets it and you don't have to worry about them at all.

Snipers aren't banned in most leagues because no one uses them.

In conclusion, snipers suck and should die of a combination of AIDS, cancer, herpes, and hemmoroids.

¿Why does this mean anything to me?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoDum wrote:
Quote:
What is so disheartening is that when you slam snipers, you are slamming the people who play that class.

Yu0 were a mistake! Go play CS!

It's people like you snipers (yes that's right YOU!) who are ruining this game for the serious players, even if you are to much of a sissy to admit it to yourself.

I hate to say it but snipers ruin CS even more. They have set O/D teams and it blows when a group of CTs on a map like militia go and buy all AWPs and camp god knows how far away from you. You get left with the option of falling asleep defending or going on a commie mission.

B: I love how absolutely everyone missed my comment about how snipers techniclly are not a part of the game.

C: soldiers are not an over powered class, if you get hit with them long range it's your own fault. They have non hitscan weapons which means YOU SEE THE ROCKET COMING TOWARD YOU! They are a very balanced class because people have the chance to get out of the way. In our 5v5 matches we usually play 2 soljah 1 heavy D and people definetly cap.
Dahak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, you people fight too much
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, well it appears many people cant have a decent conversation so this thread is locked as of now. Soon I will remove it and I am considering banning some people from the forums for their trolling.

Nuff said.

JD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's tired of your shit Jolly.. If you can't hold a decent conversation without slamming people for there opinions then don't join the conversation. You are being a total asshole, and it will not be put up with anymore.

So it's either..

A) You quit being an asshole or
B) You don't post in theses forums anymore

Kapeesh??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: