FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mangled Thumb
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Mangled Thumb Reply with quote

"Ted, turn that light just a "scoach" and point it at his guts". .

This is what I heard just seconds before disaster!

I'm at the haunted house doing some last minute adjusting with the lighting in a couple scenes. I grab ye ole faithfull Makita and begin to unscrew/rescrew a light which was slightly out of range of a corpse on the floor. One foot on the ladder. . .one foot resting on the adjacent wall. .. I jam the Makita into the bastid screw in question and begin to retract it. . . . .the phillips bit begins to spin, stripping the screw in the process. . ."damn" , I scream. . . . I lean in to get more leverage. . .. the bit takes hold and begins to draw the screw out. . .. just as I am seeing the final thread on the screw. . .. .my foot on the wall (plywood) begins to slide. . . ."oh S#^!" I yell out!. . . . in a split second I made a decision. . .

To use my elbow to grab the adjacent stud and brake my fall. . . or put my available hand out to grab the wall in front of me. .. . . .I myself loath any funny bone injury, thus I chose to stick my available hand out and grab the wall. . ..

Bad decision. . .. I subsiquently raked my thumb across an exposed piece of wrought iron. .. . . .I could almost hear the flesh tear. . . .

I could feel the blood pumping out of my veins onto the floor. .. I did not fall off the ladder but the damage had been done. .. My thumb was toast. . .Shredded. . .The skin flapping in the breeze like a skin kite. . . .

Basically, I just cut my thumb! I can't play (optical mouse) but the corpse got the light he needed! And we are now ready to open on Friday! A small price to pay for scaring more than half the population of Austin Texas!

So, I can't play until this nasty wound heals! Give me a couple days and I'll be back to "suicide for the team "in no time!

PS. I am stuck on Bandaid brand 'cause Bandaid's stuck on my hideous thumb wound!
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough about that thumb, worst i've done is gouged it with my x-acto blades, not like that didn't bleed and all, but ripping flesh is bad too. my advice.... 1. super glue is great for that kinda stuff, keep it in place long enoguh to heal and 2. don't bleed on the damn Zen garden.

Get well soon

Last edited by Replica on Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<-----hates flesh wounds. Been there, done that. Sorry to hear that KRG, before I even got far enough for the explanation I knew what was coming. Hope it heals quickly for ya.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouchie for the thumb there .. but i send U get well wishes and looking forward to seeing u back soon!!!
Ktulu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiches? Pics? Come on give us the good stuff we crave royal blood

Dude is there anyway you could set up a live cam in or around your haunted house? That would rule, you could even do it with a dial-up modem... i've done it before.

Oh your thumb.... hmmm, sorry about that bud. One questions, did you damage the corpse on the ground?
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'cause they hold on tight in the bathtub and they cling in soapy suuuuuddddsssssss!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
'cause they hold on tight in the bathtub and they cling in soapy suuuuuddddsssssss!

^ this is one way a person can date how odl they are....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, that Kenny pic is totally me right now!. .

Ken, we have done the webcam thing before but it's just too dark inside for cameras and it didn't turn out so well. When the news crews come through, they shoot their lights all over the place and it . . I'll use the word "angers" us. I am taking a bunch of pics of the house this Thursday and I'll post em so you can check 'em out. No, I didn'y hurt the corpse! He is doing fine. . . for a gutted croc-a-gator victim! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Send Bandaids to:

Mangled Thumb
321 Ouch
Austin, TX 789andgotsick

osiris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah who needs opposable thumbs i think a amputation is in order! scapel!
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard wrote:
789andgotsick

This is exactly why 6 is afraid of 7!

LOL @ osiris!

We don't need no stinkin' thumbs!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OpTlk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird, I just did the same thing the other day at work. the only real difference was that I was not standing on a ladder with one foot while the other was on a wall, I was not unscrewing a screw with a "gutted croc-a-gator victim" at my feet, and it wasn't caused by a piece of wrought iron. Hmm, maybe I didnt just do the same thing the other day

But I wasn't kidding about the thumb part! Although it was on my left hand, so I can still play without problems. Oh, and in case curiousity is your thing, I cut mine while using a straight edge blade boxcutter at 4 in the morning, the blade slipped and next thing I know theres blood everywhere. hEh oh well..it happens.

seeya back in game soon KRG!

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So KRG, do we get to call you "lefty" from now on?

Workplace injuries are really fun, especially cutting through flesh and in my worst case, fingernails/the soft fleshy skin under the nail... probably not as much blood involved though! You should have dribbled it all over your corpses, much better than that cheap fake junk you were using!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You should have dribbled it all over your corpses, much better than that cheap fake junk you were using!-BBF

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want anyone to think I was nuts.

Yes, I actually did do that. Seriously. It seemed only natural at the time. I'll post a pic of the corpse in question which received my life blood. His name is Randolph. I generally do this everytime I bleed at the house, but some find it nasty. (apperantly not BBF ) I find it appropriate and funny as hell!
Chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut my finger like that before, cept it was with a slegdehammer and a Steel spike. Don't ask .
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should I.... nooo i can't... okay

so what happened chan?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: