FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nemesis Detection @ TV3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Nemesis Detection @ TV3 Reply with quote

Ok the detection things is very annoying. Well, for me it is.

I guess I'm asking is this going to remain in place? Right now all it does it pop up the Nem window and impair my movement while it tells everyone else I have it. Well I'm not going to lie I've had and used it for a while, but up untill now the detection has never been turned on.

Umm anyway....

Is this going to remain in place?
Dahak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater :p

can't you simply play without it? i mean what is there so special about it besides winamp? the clear water and flag timer is considered cheating.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the clear water thing as a cheat.

The flag timers....well, they are a little helpful - but most people that have played the game at all can time it out in their head about as well.
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flag timers I don't use. Clear water can be done in D3d so I'm just leveling the playing field. And Winamp controls ingame are awesome. There is absolutely nothing I'm using it for that could even be close to a cheat.

Oh yea I have the clock on too.

And yes I 'could' play without it, but would rather not. Hence why I said, "will this be removed", and not "will you please remove this."
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason that doesn't happen to me It simply still works and...
Dahak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taken from ozfortress forums:

The ability to disable the underwater fog is a cheat. Period.
I don't care if certain cards don't display the fog on D3D. The question if those people are cheating or not is a different discussion, and it's completely besides the point. The underwater fog is a feature on some maps which has been created on purpose. It was used by the mapmaker in his attempt to create an obstacle of sorts. Removing the underwater fog altogether means to tamper with the basic design of the map. And it serves as an unfair advantage to those making use of it. Some people fail to understand why clear water constitutes as an unfair advantage over somebody with underwater fog. But they might think the same about a wallhack. To a certain degree the effect is quite similar: You see something you are not supposed to see. And in some aspect it's even worse than a wallhack because you can already attack the enemy.

And puuhleease don't start with that crap of 'leveling the field' with those people who don't have the fog in D3D. There is no 'leveling the field' when it comes to cheats. There is only a degrading to the same level of the scum using cheats. Again, the problem with fog on D3D is a different - and complicated - matter, and I won't call those people 'cheaters' ... at least not per se. But if you're graphic card DOES display fog on your regular setting and you disable the fog - for example with nemesis - then I call you a cheater. So as much as I like the flagstatus & timer feature, which adds to the game, the underwater fog cheat sadly leaves a foul aftertaste.
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People disabling fog by running in a certain video mode was never an issue. People did it and no one ever complained. Now that everyone has the capabilities it becomes and issue. Seems hypocrytical.

Again this isn't a thread to defend/attack Nem. If you dont' like it then dont' use it but I dont' really want to argue about it.

All I would like to know is whether or not the detection will be disabled?
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would hope it would stay, it is a step in the right direction.
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't you leave?
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragoon wrote:
didn't you leave?

Yes, I left the servers, but am spending some time in the forums to get some things done. And I do say that getting rid of nemisis would be a step in the right direction for all of TFC.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
I for one would hope it would stay, it is a step in the right direction.

Rock on brother Borg . Well said. To have to add features to this game that aren't in normal use is wrong, period. This can go many different ways but my feelings are that if you tamper with the game in a way that it was not designed to do, then it's wrong.

If it is in affect then I hope it stays. While your at it, please install it on all Ville servers.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one hope it stays in place. It can be done on D3D? Then use it. As for leveling the playing field... I don't know about that. I cannot see through the water and I have no timer.

On the other hand, I know there are many people who use Nemesis, scripts that allow them to do things they normally couldn't do in one key stroke, and so on. Do I like it? No. Am I going to let it ruin my fun? No. I figure that if someone needs to use those things to help them whoop up on people... well, then... that speaks more about why and how they play this game then anything. We all have our reasons.

Again, I hope The 'Ville continues to scan for Nemesis. I too think it is a step in the right direction.

And, Borg, you are welcome here, always!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To prevent a misunderstanding here I never said that Borg was welcome or wanted here. I simply stated that I thought he said he wasn't playing here anymore and if that were the case then why would something in place on the servers affect his playing? He's a good guy and I like playing with him but it would be like someone from the Phat Farm giving opinions on The Ville even though he doesn't play here.

The game looks gross in D3D but the water is clear. Give and take I guess.

And just so ya know it isn't kicking anyone, banning anyone or anything like that. It is merely announcing that the person is using it once a game I think and during that time period it impairs the persons movement.

It'd be nice if I could use my winamp controls, clock without Nem, but I've yet to see a proggie with just those features. Unfortunately I've yet to see that.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a prog like that
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well send it to me sweetheart and this discussion can be over now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: