FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whiney Players

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should whiney players be kicked?
Yes, a definate headache there
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Maybe, but if they have right to whine then let them
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
No, definatly not
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I tend to like whiney players they make me happy
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Don't care aslong it doesn't involve me
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Whiney Players Reply with quote

I really hate whiney kids. Whiney players are even worse... I find that they ruin the game when they won't let up about some one infecting them or killin them. I don't know about you guys, but I think that a player whos whiney should be kicked. What do your guys think?

[RS]Potato-VS-
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree potato, they ruin the match, and when they complain that the map sucks or something, why don't they just leave instead of ruining the game for everyone. Sheesh.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whinny players are very annoying. If they are warned repeatedly and don't stop, then they should kicked.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really mind te general complaining about lag or spam, it's pretty much expected when you get on a map like warpath. The things that I think someone should be kicked for (if they continually whine about it)

1) Saying HW's are ghey and are a n00b class. I always tell them that "The only people who complain about HW's, are those that can't kill them". They're generally silent after that, but my gosh they're annoying. If HW is such a n00b class then prove it by going 200 30 like Rata or Powers used to (when they actually played )

2) Saying that the Ville is a ghey server and that it sucks, just kick them the first time they say that, if they don't like it then they can just leave and let someone else get on.

3) Saying they hate the map. Go away if you're just going to complain about our rotation forever.

4) Saying everyone in the server is a n00b, or a particular person is, when they're 10 and 50, and the supposed "n00b" is 50 20 or something.

That's about it....those are the 4 things that just grate on my nerves if they're constantly being repeated...

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Last edited by Violent Pacifist on Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just about sums it up for me too VP.

[RS]Potato-VS-
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omfg you're such a n00b VP!!!!

<--whines a lot, but not aloud...mostly, oh well.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mongoose_Slayer %100. They should be warned if it gets out of hand. If it gets to the point that they are disrupting the game then they should be kicked.

I would have to agree with VP too. Being a public server you get people that do all of the above coming through from time to time. When a reg does it, it's completely uncalled for. Stuff like that should be brought to the forums, not in game.

As far as my opinion, if you are that bothered by what's going in game then just leave.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with whats bein said... but in game if someone starts to wine or an argument sort of thing starts usin the chat thingy

then i just tell ppl to calm down.. n have a laugh.. tv should be fun... and i play to have a laugh with you lot and to have a good time... if the ppl dont stop then i just ignore them. i dont get worked up over it... cos then it would just get me all anoyed n i wouldn't be havin a laugh then would i.

o the other night on hunted this scottish guy over the mic was crackin me up... yeah he was complainin... swarin in a scottish accent n that... but i was in fitts of laughter... sorrta reminded me of my uncle (uncles scottish... very strong accent and swares alot... it cracks me up).... omg it was so funny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lame-o Snipers - play a proper class."
"Stupid campers"
"Ugh - turtling"

Nope - whining is here to stay.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaphX wrote:
"Lame-o Snipers - play a proper class."
"Stupid campers"
"Ugh - turtling"

Nope - whining is here to stay.

I agree, as long as you are playing on a pub server, you might as well expect that it will happen.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I only hate the whiners that are completely WRONG (right ones would be complaining about uneven teams, which I would then switch)

I remember a perfect incident of this on Well. I was pyro along with Violent Pacifist, Gala, and Comm. We were rocking and doing well on the map and some guy, I forgot who, called Pyros a N00b class. Me and VP were like.."Pyros? Noob class?" "you should try it man" I dont know if he did, but he sure didnt complain about it afterward

PYROS ARE NOT NOOBS
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ameanman wrote:

PYROS ARE NOT NOOBS

completly agree... damn you pyro's are amazin... i tryed pyro for about 10/15 mins in a game with you lot the other day and damn i got slaughtered..

i would love to get good at pyro...

and i intent to try learnin pyro at some point... but im tryin my best to learn solly at the moment

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing thats worse than a whiney player is a player who infects his own team mates...

[RS]Potato-VS-
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whining and complaning is totally different. Some ppl think that complaining is whining so ppl get that mixed up. If you can make a list of quotes of what you think whining is classified as then it would be a great help. I just think ppl interpret whining differently as opposed to complaning. But from my perspective I agree the whiner should be warned then kicked if he/she is consistent.

complaning:

"Do not respawn infect."

"If your infected, kill yourself."

"Don't shoot your own teammates."

"Fooking door!" (classic)

whining:

"You Goddamn noob!"

"You suck!"

"Why does my team suck?"

"ALL CLASSES = No Skill" (ravioli kid?)

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: