FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Demos and HLTV revisited

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Demos and HLTV revisited Reply with quote

1) Are any of the Ville servers HLTV equiped? If so, is there anything different I need to do to record a demo in HLTV format?

2) Is there a limit to the size of a recorded demo? I recorded a demo (non-HLTV) while playing on TV III last night, but it only saved about 15 minutes of it. If this is set somewhere, can I change it? I have plenty of HD space...

Ideally, I would like to record HLTV demos of a few maps where I am playing with/against some of the regulars that I admire. Then I can watch their moves and steal their secrets! Muwahahaha!

I recently went back and watched the HLTV demo of the finals of the Ville Cup. Besides being really entertaining (Torak, HellSchwinn, et al, those guys are amazing!), I also may have learned some things that will help my game.

The other day, I was playing D by myself on Acrop2, and Blown was waltzing through me on his way to the flag. I'd like to have recorded that game so I could watch the slaughter from his perspective. I might learn something.

Any help would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK and myself have been fooling around with HLTV. I think the bigest problem is it takes up a slot on the server so if its busy someone misses out on playing. to make a HLTV demo u have to be connected to a HLTV proxy or you can make it with the proxy itself.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAFT is correct on this. And if the server is not use to a HLTV spec we will get kicked for camping. And as for specators, HLTV requires the same bandwith as would be needed for a game server.

DK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: