FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Remembering 9-11-2001
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Remembering 9-11-2001 Reply with quote

This may take awhile to load but it is worth it.
http://home.attbi.com/~sept11/

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks will look into it and it's always great to have something to remember about the passing few months of last year

Although it was a tragedy in the making i am glad that people are safe from this experience unlike the october near okalahoma

a moment of silence for the respects of both the state of new york and okalahoma
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchin that brought back all them feelin i had when i first heard about it

but the ppl and the emergancy service ppl who lost their lives and the ppl left behind should and wont ever be forgotten. not by me anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW! damn, that brought back a lot of memories and scenes I remember watching on live TV..that was quite powerful! Especially hard seeing the kids at their parents funerals

Never Forget. Never Forgotten.

**btw Bada, got an extra space in that link. hEh**

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very difficult to watch. I remember watching it on live TV as well and it brought back feelings of dismay. It's hard for me to believe that people with such blindness to life would cause such a tragedy. For those people that don't believe in an eye for an eye, look closely and think about it. Thanks for the link Bada.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have things to say about sept eleventh wit so much swearin they'd ban me from the inter net but at the same time i looked at the ishue and i have things to say about america that would get me banned from north america...(and i'm a Candian) either way it still brings a tear to my eye thinking of the loss of life durring septemeber elventh

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
Ameanman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it has almost been a year since that happened, yet I still remember that one day the news first came up about it. It was during school and the whole day we were stuck onto the television getting more news about it. It was hard enough to believe that the planes crashed into the tower but to see them collapse live on television just left us all dumbfounded. The rest of the day everyone who had friends/relatives who lived in the area called to check on them.

And to think that i was previleged enough to have actually been at the top of that tower before (the summer of '00) a year before it happened. Who would have thought that the whole thing would be ....gone . The next year.

We will never forget.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobins162 wrote:
watchin that brought back all them feelin i had when i first heard about it

but the ppl and the emergancy service ppl who lost their lives and the ppl left behind should and wont ever be forgotten. not by me anyway.

Yes Bobins that was a very sad thing to see on tv and never forget it was also all over the interenet!! i was choked by it over the internet and the emails asking for help for those ppl!! the city of new york will never be the same or for the towns around that area ...
Psychotic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Bada!!!!

To those loosing faith in the War on Terrorism..... WATCH IT!!!

BRN, I've always believed in and eye for and eye!!

As a Gulf War vet, I have seen the autrocities these fanatics are capable of even to their own Muslims.

Sorry, this isn't a political forum. I've said enough.......

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that was very painful to watch...i still remeber all to clearly seeing the smoke of the towers from a hill near my house and all the stuff on tv, radio, internet, newspaper, but that only strengthens the fact that i will never, nor can i ever forget what happened

god bless america

~scm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember the day it happened. it was during my french class and then i went to my english class and the teacher made us do a test. that was so damn horrible. half the class didnt do the test including myself. the principal told us we werent responsible for the grade and made the teacher remove it from the books.it was a horrible day and just the seens of people leaping out of the building made me cry. it is truly a horrible thing that was done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That chokes me up inside. I have my own story to tell about me and the WTC. A month before the WTC was hit, I was in the towers. I remember the coin machine, which would flatten out a penny, with a picture of the WTC embossed in the coin. I kept that coin, until the WTC fell, and then it dissapeared... I remember the people in the elevators, behind the drink stands, and the tourists that packed the tower. None of them made it out alive, none of the people I saw working there made it out alive. I will never forget them. They were murdered. And this is why I will NEVER forgive those who perpitrated this event. They all will die, that is the price they pay. What they did will never be forgotten. I hope they are happy that I am not president, because if I were, every place that harbored them would be a glowing waistland. I have no sympathy for them, especially when they were celebrating in the streets on September 11th. That is my story on the WTC. I remember what I thought when I saw the attack. Unspeakable rage, I thirsted for vengence, blood was all i craved then, i wanted them all to die, but yet, i know that I can not distribute justice and it is not my place. But never the less, I will never forget.
Never forget folks, never.
Lets roll.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

-KK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link Bada. Kinda puts things in perspective as we approach the 1 year anniversary.
As we look back we must remember September 11, 2001 not as a day of great evil, but as a day when heroes rose to the challenge of evil.

-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas] wrote:
a moment of silence for the respects of both the state of new york and okalahoma

The bombing of the A.P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995 touches close to home for me. I worked in Oklahoma City at the time as a statistical analyst for the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH). Our offices were 1 mile from the bomb site and actually suffered shock damage and broken windows from the explosion. After the explosion I ran around the corner into my supervisor's office just in time to see the front facade of the A.P. Murrah building collapse. One week to the day, before the bombing, my wife had applied/interviewed for a job at the day-care in the Murrah building.
Some day I will have to explain what it was like to be personally involved in a terror attack such at that--most people have no idea...

where the name came from<---clicky
Big_Bad_Zack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Great recap.

I was on the road that morning, heard on the radio that a twin engine plane hit the WTC. No problem, Empire State Building took that easily a long time ago. Later, a 2nd plane. Not a good sign. Then we had the Heroes of Flight 93 come down about 40 miles from here. That brought it home.

Heard about the towers coming down, but seeing it happen was alot different. The devastation could only be conveyed with video. I can't even imagine actually being there.

Let's Roll. Does anyone else get goose bumps when they hear the cell phone ringing at the start of Neil Young's "Let's Roll" ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Remembering 9-11-2001 Reply with quote

i'm sorry to bring any of you down,i know every single one of you had your own emothional attatchments to those buildings and those planes,and the ppl they carried;but i have a very frightening theory about the 9-11 attacks,thats just crazy enough to be true.remember right after the attacks,two countrys we'd never thought would have joined the united nations did?switzerland and russia.two countrys that joined the UN b/c of the attacks.now do you think that they would have joined without those bombardments?and here's another fact.after 9-11, the CIA was posted in the news that they had information on osama that he was going to do those acts,months in advance.they knew all about Osama himself for years,yet they never said a word.I dont know about your papers but mine had only one article on that topic.On the very bottom of the front page.the next day it got bumped down to like one paragraph saying how they never Really knew anything.despite the previous statement.Hold on, I wanna post again,so everything doesn't look so crowded.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: