FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New server
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: New server Reply with quote

Hello all!
I am going to need a little help from some villians, I am going to have a new server up and running next week amd I will need some test villians.
Few things first tough.
I will be at work and need somone who I will be able to email right away and have them connect. Also will need them to be able to email me and let me know what is up.
Also will need somone with patience. This will be a week long effort and will be sperataic comunaction from me. I will be testing sevral diffrent pipes.
Thanks,
Buc
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what hours of the day are we talking about?? being in tampa, I think, you would be eastern time zone. your times that you need it done would be helpful. I'm usually available in the afternoons but I'm pacific time zone. fill in the soecifics and I'll let ya know .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be the same time zone for on pacific or pst... and also what maps would be running and voting would that be accessable and stuff these are all good questions and is there gonna be an admin mor something to that affect??

so many questions for running a server and will you have back up help for admin duties and stuff.. something to think about or will you run the server cst time which is ville time

keep us informed one_buc_fan and have a great weekend all
Hosway[CJP]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: I will volunteer Reply with quote

I can volunteer. Just tell me the hours, eastern or pacific. And the days.
Just in case, my email is mrchronic20012002@yahoo.com

---
Hosway[CJP] is now Doppelgangster.
Come, let's talk with swords!
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Well It would be Eatesrn time zone. I need a admin. Brn you wnat to be admin. I just want to be the hardware guy. If someone can PM me and let me know how to add a person to admin list that would be grat. I have a a full t1 at my dispsel at this time. So if I can get every thing working it could be a a nice connetion. I just want to set it up as a ville server and let the admins take over. I would even install stuff like carbon copy if you need it? I work from 6 am to 6pm monday through saterday. Thanks for posting.
ohh I hvae been thethe web sites that have been sugested I think it would it would be cool if there was a tbh web page or theville webpage that gave step by step instruction on how to et up a serber. including ports.
Thank you all,
Buc
Hosway[CJP]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: i got one question buc Reply with quote

Hey thats awesome, i got a question though, are you usin a computer to setup a server or a server itself? because im gettin into settin up a server myself and as Galaderiel witness -=LoL=- its a poor one and needs work. I just wanna know if youre usin a computer or a seperated server to set it up. thx in advance.

just in case if you dont know wat im talkin about, heres a link:

http://www.bstore.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpbs/initsession.jsp

---
Hosway[CJP] is now Doppelgangster.
Come, let's talk with swords!
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and i love to try out new places and have fun in new servers .. no matter what your ping is it works out great !!! i love having friends like you and all the villuns around!!

hope we can play and have fun in your server again soon CJP
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Well as for the question about a server or pc. I define that by the os. To answear your question though has becomoe a little complicated. My boss approched me today ad asked what I was doing? I thought I was in trouble! He wants a server too! So we are trying to decide if we want to use a proliant or just a desk top. It is my impresion that TFC does not utilize duel proccesor's and does not stress memory of 512 cl2 ecc ram as long as it is the only thing running on WIN2k pro or server. Granted I tesseded all this on our lan. Aslo, It seemed a little lag with a proliant using scsi and 1 gig of memory and X2 500 xion's. I aslo had no external storage and only used the 5 internal's with a 5i controler. thus I was able stripe set the 1 st partion and and the seconed and use the first for tfc and sap on the 2nd. It was fast but I had a 2 devation lag time the best setup (for TFC) I seem to have right now is on a desktop running win2k with 785 ram cl2 ecc and 1.8 gig p4. The best part is I am trying to get a gig card to plug in to it. The hard part is the router. I was screwing around today and founf that if I put it in the dmz side VS. Just poping open the ports to my IP realy makes a difrence. If any one has any oideas please fell free to let me know if there is a better way. Security is the issue. If all else fails I will need to put on the dmz side but on a 1gig P3 and 785 of cls non ecc with win2k pro. They is no way I can justfy a non usable system that has more then that. My CTO would freak if he found out. Anyway comments and sugetsions are more then welcome. Thank you for volentring as I work on it this week I will send out some posts and email's to have everyone try and connect.

BUC
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can count me in Buc... man i wish i could b admin ooops did i say that out loud ohwell but count me in for the testin even though i can't b an admin ...i dun think

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Omega Snipa wrote:
u can count me in Buc... man i wish i could b admin ooops did i say that out loud ohwell but count me in for the testin even though i can't b an admin ...i dun think
the only way you could admin for Omega is if he gave you the password and rcon for running a server . that how i was able to do it when i was admin in vegastfc!!!

And One_Buc_Fan go ask some question from here www.adminmod.org for questions on admining .. Plus i wish you and your boss lots of luck running a game server.. Any other questions pm CJP for answers or go talk to some of the ville admins by pming them for aswners?? Or u could ask me maybe i could help some with your questions?? see u soon with more questions if u have any
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: thanks you Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. I have started Pm's. I think that the rest of it will be handled that way. Snipa, thank you for wanting to test. I will fill you in as time goes on. Nice fight tonight.
Buc
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that clan mod is esier to set up and does almost the same thing
OS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still need help ( especially with AdminMod ), I'm here for ya Buc.

Check your PM's.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am here also if u need anymore questions or help into this subject!! just update us on whaz going on right now so we know how the ipp connection is working out or pm me into the subject?? i love to here from you buc on how things are going??

"hopes to see you soon for some tfc fun!!!"
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just to keep everyone up to date. The deal is: I spoke to Rob. He said that it was ok to continue to post for testing and as soon as I get the server up 24/7 let him know. AS for the server I have the system mostly set up it is just going to be small box. I have been screwing with the pix box at work in my spare time ( spare ), any way I need to bring the box down and add a another swicth for the DMZ side. Soooooo, That means that one of our web sites will be down. I need to go in @ 1 am to do this. My goal is this friday. But, I also just got a huge project thrown in my lap at work. So that has thrown a wrench in my plans. I am shooting for no later than the end of September if it is not up by Friday. AS for everyones PM's for help thank you sooooooooo much !!!

I will be PMing some people back soon.
Buc

If you would like to see where I work
tsionline.com
Thank you all so much
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: