FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The source of all my trouble.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: The source of all my trouble. Reply with quote

I think I have tracked my troubles down to the caller id box that is attached to my phone line. With it off my phone line, the phone is quiet and I haven't gotten disconnected all day.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on figuring that out!! but there are still many posiblities out there?? do u have a call id box you downloaded for your computer or something that can also be the trouble?? but lookinto some more ideas this is just one of many!!?? and good luck on your gaming and welcome back to fragging the ville!!
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas] wrote:
congratulations on figuring that out!! but there are still many posiblities out there?? do u have a call id box you downloaded for your computer or something that can also be the trouble?? but lookinto some more ideas this is just one of many!!?? and good luck on your gaming and welcome back to fragging the ville!!

I am pretty sure that this was my problem. I don't have any software for caller id on my computer. This was the physical box that the phone company gave us to use.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewpid question Borg. In your modem setup to dial out did you us *70 so it disabled the caller id and wouldn't disconnect your game?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NaniteFog wrote:
Stewpid question Borg. In your modem setup to dial out did you us *70 so it disabled the caller id and wouldn't disconnect your game?

That actually is an incorrect question to be asking, *70 disables call waiting, not caller id. And actually I want it so call waiting disconnects me from the internet. We don't get too many phone calls. I also before tested with the *70 to disable call waiting, and I still had the same problem because the caller id box must have been still giving the interference.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A signal like that does interfere with a dsl signal based on the brand. Also alarm systems do as well.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all alarm systems, my alarm works perfect with DSL.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Because when I sell DSL for DTV DSL. I am not permitted to sell a subsciption that has an alarm system on that line.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
NaniteFog wrote:

That actually is an incorrect question to be asking, *70 disables call waiting, not caller id. And actually I want it so call waiting disconnects me from the internet. We don't get too many phone calls. I also before tested with the *70 to disable call waiting, and I still had the same problem because the caller id box must have been still giving the interference.

Was the CallerID box one of the CallerID on Call Waiting? I have a techie friend that said never to have one of those on a line you use a modem on because the call waiting cannot be disabled. You dial *70 to disable the call waiting, but the CallerID on Call Waiting re-enables the call waiting automatically. (Or something like that--anyway that is what I was told.) Anyway he said to split the line and connect any modem separate from any other "option" boxes or phones.

Glad that you appear to have your problem solved.

where the name came from<---clicky
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: