FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Internet Explorer(Probably AOL) problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Internet Explorer(Probably AOL) problem Reply with quote

On some site that I would like to view, I get this:

This happens when i am trying to subscribe or login to www.fileplanet.com. I subscribed on a friend's comp but i can't on mine for some reason. My sis also has the same problem when she is trying to access her account at CSUF(Cal State Fullerton, her school) It really bugs me and i think it is to do with the settings of my browser, which were probably altered that way by AOL(I blame AOL for everything these days...) I am so close to have a major mental breakdown from that devilish ISP. (I have been downloading a TFC Movie and it was going 2.8kbps. Throw me a fricken bone here!!! LOL)

Thanks for any ideas.

- Link

ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link getting big files thru websevices sucks. You need to find the file on ftp somewhere so u can resume your D/L when your connection drops. If you are really in a bind and want it I d/l'd most of the movies already and can hook u up.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is to get the download accelerator from downloads.com. I had a couple of dialup buddies get it and they said it made a difference.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft - I use download Accerlator, which resumes downloads. I usually get sppeds of 5 or so, but for some reason AOL sucks today(worse than usual). Just recentlyon fileplanet only it will not let me resume. A screen comes up that says Authorization required and a username and password box. And it does not work for the same reason probably. I eventually want like all of the CS and TFC file on hlmp, wihch is a little bit over a gig. The Horror!! Getting the files on a CD would be awesome!

Oh and on a different note, I'm thinking about maybe e-mailing my video to you when i can get a hold of my friend's DSL speed. I have no idea when, but then you can maybe see if you can put it on that site for me.

Oh and thanks for being so helpful!!!

- Link

ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think download Accerlator will work on fileplanet because of there query system. FTP is the way to go. get a hold of me on icq, msn, or irc and I will hook u up
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If AOL did change your settings try going into your internet explorer options and going under the advanced tab on the far right and at the bottom of the next page click on Restore Defaults. the hit OK untill you close out of the internet options window and close all browser windows and relaunch Internet Explorer, See if that helps
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know at least when I had AOL, I would get that message too, but if I clicked back and clicked the link again, everything would work. But I think it was mainly with this forum, which I still get the error with a little(so I doubt it was AOL related). Other than that, I would wonder what version IE you are using.
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just minimize AOL and only use Internet explorer, thats what I had my mom do and it worked pretty good for her all things considered.
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(+)ASSASSIN(+) wrote:
Or you could just minimize AOL and only use Internet explorer, thats what I had my mom do and it worked pretty good for her all things considered.

I just tried that and i got the same message trying to login to fileplanet. I did change the defaults but doesn't work.

Borg - I get it the message everything single time when i login to fileplanet and a couple other places. I do get it sometimes where i retry and it works but thats only when i am on theville. I have version 5, i think.

I did have a ftp but it didnt work well or something and i had uninstalled. I'll be back in a bit and i'll try to get one. What one do you all suggest?

Thanks for responding!

- Link

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: