FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
hobbies and fun stuff away from tfc what do like to do??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of TFC? Wha? Outside? WTF is that?!?!
`RaphX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilaak Kommander wrote:
I LIKE TOO COMPOSE HAIKU POETREE, DO KWANTUM PHISIKS, AND EAT ROCKS.

Eat Rocks? That sounds familiar...
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuVaNiLe wrote:
THE MIAMI DOLPHINS ARE THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NFL

For the first 5 games of the season maybe. Being a former resident of South Florida I used to get really frustrated by it. But being in Vegas it's an easy way to win $$.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
bobins

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caffeinefree wrote:
I play paintball and am on a team.

i love paintball too... aswell as quasar... but where i am it costs a fortune... and i just cant afford to go that often... so when i do... i go along for the day with mates... get extreamly muddy... and have a good laugh...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuVaNiLe wrote:
THE MIAMI DOLPHINS ARE THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NFL

For the first 5 games of the season maybe. Being a former resident of South Florida I used to get really frustrated by it. But being in Vegas it's an easy way to win $$.

no way man the dolphins mostly win all there games they have the record for going to the playoffs for the most years in a row "8" the rock
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who Loves Going out to Artist Shows or walking in mall and see the cars they show out there?? And how about the movies what type do u like?? Any good ones to go out see or any ideas for me to go see??
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

movies, hummm.... well i like .. humm well i suppose most films.. if i like the look of it... it could be a comedy... or an action film... as long as it looks good

the last film i saw in the cinema was eight legged freaks... n i laughed all the way through... its got to be the funniest film i've seen in a while

and when almost the whole cinema except me jumped at one part... and i saw them all come about a mile out of their seats... that was the end for me.. i was laughin so much... i was in fitts of laughter... a great film.. you may not find it funny if your scared of spiders... but i dont care about spiders so some of the scenes jump made crack up laughin

MIB 2 is also good..i saw that a few weeks ago... and i d/led resident evil today so im watchin that when i get time too.. so far it looks great

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything with blood is good, I my self used to play everquest quitting that is like quitting some addictive drug its hard, but now I skateboard and snowboard and in general do things that hurt a lot, but its all fun oh i also play guitar look for em as a rockstar!
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love down hill skiing myself if only i could stopp falling on my b*ns and not about it everytime?? but cross country skiing thats easy and gun to do

and i love all types of movies but i think dosney ones are my favorite!!
Verman
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfing & bowling consume my time when not working or computing.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadriel, I play diablo 2X... good game. I also play free hax0red UO, since I refuse to pay someone to host laggy servers anyway

Yeah, the Vikes pretty well suck, at least there might be a lot of open seats at the home games, so I can have some legroom!

My other main hobby is collecting "items"... I currently have:
A Fire Hydrant (getting it into the back of my truck sucked, they don't exactly have easy-access handles and probably weigh about 150)
A "Fire Hydrant out of service" sign, handpicked to match above item
A State Patrol license plate. That'll teach him to give me a speeding ticket!
A 7' Coconut trunk Totem Pole, his name is Sven. I'm going to try to get him into TVB
The #13 checkout sign from WalMart... the big square thing on the pole above the cashier
Authentic Nuclear Fallout Shelter sign, personally selected from a gov't building
Some Bush/Quayle and Perot campaign bumper stickers.
Several other road signs. Did you know that there's some blue crap on the bolts that actually dulls your hacksaw blade? And yes officer, I did find out about that from an internet chat room, not personal experience. (but there is a stop sign still attached to the pole in the woods a few miles north of....)

Some of my more common objects include about 80 pez dispensers, 6 or 7 beer steins, and a few military firearms My ultimate goal is to get a working example of each "standard" US infantryman's rifle. Revolutionary war to present.

Oh, the men in the nice white suits are here to take me to the rubber room, afk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm....Outside of TFC...

I read...ALOT. Latest books (my job allows me to read a lot) The Entire Recluce Series, been readin it for about 9 months or so, I am on book 11 I think, The Sword of truth Series, book 7 I believe, lots of other fantasy novels, read all the Dragonlance books, and such. I have also been getting into realistic fiction (plan on writing some o that someday:)) Umm, Paris Trance by Geoff Dyer was freakin awesome, all the Provence books by Peter Mayle (my hero) oh...And Microserfs by Douglas Coupland (that book made me cry, and has perhaps the best characterization I have EVER seen, anywhere, including movies)

I also am an avid music LISTENER. Lord knows I have ZERO musical talent, but I spend the energy APPRECIATING music, musically inclined people spend on PLAYING music I have no idea how many CDs I have, probably somewhere around 250-300 or so, none of them burned. So, I guess another hobby is Collecting CDs. On top of those CDs, I also have *checks* 3,121 mp3s, thats 13.2GB of music

I have begun dabbling in Gundam Models. Sorta like model cars, but easier and more fun to put together, plus they're poseable . I have only finished 2 of em, but i have 3 more waiting to do

I used to play D&D, (and painted pewter figurines for playing) but since I started college, my D&D group kinda broke up, and I haven't have the time nor the inclination to get back into it, with the advent of 3rd edition and all.

umm....I play my GameCube (eternal darkess rocks my FACE) and I can't wait to go buy Super Mario Sunshine and NCAA 2003.

I watch a lot of movies. Some of my faves include American Beauty, Patton, Amadeus, LotR, Fight Club, Blow, Fear and Loathing, Supertroopers, and Clockwork Orange. Now that I have an actual DVD player, I will most likely begin collecting them in earnest (I have about 15 right now).

I think thats about it...wait...I also like to take pictures. I consider myself an amateur photographer. Now alls I need is my own 35mm fully manual SLR camera and a tripod, and I'll be set (I have been using my step-mom's camera, which is pretty nice). I might host and post some of the pics I have taken, but not until I get my latest pictures developed. I went to a park today, and took some pictures (by park, I mean, like national park, not playground park ) and I am going to visit Yellow Springs on monday and take some more pictures while I am there

this time, I think thats really it

phew, that was a long post!

*EDIT*

Doh, forgot my most prized possesion! I am a huge collector of band autographs. I currently have about 50 autographs from such bands as VAST, They Might Be Giants, Starsailor, Reel Big Fish, the Push Stars, Cracker, Action Figure Party, and OK GO. All bands I really like, and all bands I have seen in concert, which leads me to another big "Hobby" of mine, which is going to shows. My first was SilverChair when I was 16, and my latest are gonna be Denali on friday, and Cake, Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, De La Sol, Kinky, and the Hackensaw Boys (the Unlimited Sunshine Tour). Some of my more memorable/more famous concerts include Radiohead, Pearl Jam, They Might Be Giants (5 times) Norah Jones/Indigo Girls, Beck, Red Hot Chili Peppers/Muse, The D (twice), and Weezer/Jimmy Eat World

there we go

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letsee, i play EQ, not much though... um... all i really do...

I post at My board. That is all I ever do. That is all I ever want to do... I guess that means that I have everything I want. . How l33t is that?
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everquest is a good game but i have not played it much!! some have baulders gate and some have diablo 2... there are so many great games to try!! i am doing some other Halflife mods also which seem fun and take some team play to them... example of one is svencoop any question please email me or pm ...??

well just thought i'd say good morning to u all and have a great wednesday .. maybe sometime we can play togather bitterbeerface in d2?? just let me know and will get togather sometime soon
Puggy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I PWN ALL OF J00 IN SOCCER I play on a club team and i also play school. I used to play D2X but i quit to play TFC, playing both is too hard, because i had to catch up on everything, Did I mention i play soccer, no one else that i read seems to play any sports, except bowling (which i play) and skiing, WHERE IS THE SOCCER IN THAT!

SOCCER > The World

Even though U.S. soccer sucks compared to the rest of the world, the rest of the world can stfu because we proved ourselves in the World Cup. And they can also stfu because the U.S. womens, PWNS the WORLD.

IF U SAY SOCCER SUCKS -----------> #Fist
You must be #Beer

Pug

SNAGGY POO ^^ J is still more secksay

BUNNEH! Too bad J's died
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: