FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My decision to give up online gaming
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: My decision to give up online gaming Reply with quote

Instead of being asked about this more, I am just going to say it all here. Yes, I am planning on giving up online gaming. The reason for this is simple. I keep having these connection problems. I know people have suggested stuff, but everything that I could try, hasn't worked. I have just given in. It is too big of a headache for me to bear. I won't be leaving theville permenently. I will still be posting. I will also be back to online gaming in about a year when I get to go to college and get on a decent LAN. I am going to finish out all of the events that I have signed up for, but after Sunday, I will not be in-game. The only reason I would go in game would be to test a change that might have been made. So for those who I won't see in-game. GG to you all and hopefully cya in the forums.

And while typing this up, I got disconnected. Figures.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sure sucks Borg. The Ville is going to suffer from your absense!

I don't know what we will be like in another year, but I hope you don't have to wait that long for a decent connection, Lets hope the infrastructure is upgraded in your area sooner rather than later.

See you around

ROOF
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see it come to this, Borg. Hope to see you around on or before that promised year. GG.
OS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope something works out for you in the next year or so, otherwise I'll speak to you on the forums and play with ya in a year.

See you later.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it didn't come to this Borg. Hopefully things will get better with the connection and you can come visit us before to long. Don't stop trying to tweak it though. You may just stumble across something that might make the difference for ya. Brutha Borg. Come back soon.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will miss you greatly borg and hope you visit often on the forums!! your talents will be missed in servers i hate seeing a good villun leave like this

like bright red Nipples says keep tweakingyour computer something might come across from it thats good maybe even great!! my best wishes to u borg and keep on visiting the forums
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks when no matter how much you want to do something, and no matter how hard you try, you don't get anywhere. Growing up with lesser opportunities and less things than others around you can be very discouraging. Sometimes it can be better to give in, but not always the wisest. I've thought about giving in myself, but I am very stubborn person and I tend to never give in. A major thing that is discouraging is when you see others that have so much more and enjoy better liberties. But remember this, someday if you try hard enough you can have anything you want. And now that I am rambling, I would like to tell you that I will be honored to be your partner in the very last match that you play for awhile. Cya around bro. Frequent the forums often. And in the voice of that freaky AOL guy " Goodbye!"

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linktodeath wrote:
It sucks when no matter how much you want to do something, and no matter how hard you try, you don't get anywhere. Growing up with lesser opportunities and less things than others around you can be very discouraging. Sometimes it can be better to give in, but not always the wisest. I've thought about giving in myself, but I am very stubborn person and I tend to never give in. A major thing that is discouraging is when you see others that have so much more and enjoy better liberties. But remember this, someday if you try hard enough you can have anything you want. And now that I am rambling, I would like to tell you that I will be honored to be your partner in the very last match that you play for awhile. Cya around bro. Frequent the forums often. And in the voice of that freaky AOL guy " Goodbye!"

Wow that was a nice speach!
Your lucky to have a great partner in the Mulch Tourny.
Good Luck Borg!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this just suxs bro Thanks for all you've done and we'll keep in touch via forums I'm sure we will all see you back on-line again and until then the best of luck to you Damn-it I feel a tear coming on

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: damn Reply with quote

well i havent been here long to know ya, but i do have somethin to say. i will miss ya not becuz im just sayin it, but becuz i didnt get the chance to frag wit ya

but its coo, u still be postin and all. better dan nuthin
LittleHelper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sniffle* Y borg y? now who am i gunna frag.. sure theres bobins but he isnt good enough.... as in i want a pyro to frag! l8er *cries histarically and runs to his bed beating his pillow up* I hope this isnt becoming a trend with YPAWOM then u... who is next? No one is safe.....
As I walk through the alley where I see my brothers are in pain, I look at the sky and scream the lords name in vain. If we finish all our chores and u finish thine then we r gunna party like its 16-99
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you guys know exactly why I am giving up. Things have happend where I am getting disconnected sometimes 6 times in a half an hour.
-Sherry-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye Borgy

*hugs*
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna miss fragging with ya borg. i hope you get a good connection soon.

Jack

oh and out of curiosity what connection are you on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caffeinefree wrote:
Im gonna miss fragging with ya borg. i hope you get a good connection soon.

Jack

oh and out of curiosity what connection are you on.

56k through earthlink. I did have AOL, and had the same problem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: