FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mouse probs == death

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogue Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: mouse probs == death Reply with quote

well since my mouse seems to love dying in the middle of a game of TFC .. I'll be making an absence untill I figure out what the frag is up...

if any of you have any suggestions what so freakin ever .. lemme know I might be insane enough to try em
LittleHelper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy a new one?
As I walk through the alley where I see my brothers are in pain, I look at the sky and scream the lords name in vain. If we finish all our chores and u finish thine then we r gunna party like its 16-99
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more info on what type of mouse would help. Is it optical or does it have a ball? Is it cordless?
Rogue Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
Some more info on what type of mouse would help. Is it optical or does it have a ball? Is it cordless?

its an optical with a wire... seems to only mess up during TFC .. havn't played the other mods cause they suck heh

I kinda like to believe its a conflict with the webcam since it started after I installed that
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried updating your drivers and/or uninstalling the webcam?
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue Boy wrote:
Borg wrote:

its an optical with a wire... seems to only mess up during TFC .. havn't played the other mods cause they suck heh

I kinda like to believe its a conflict with the webcam since it started after I installed that

Try disconnecting the webcam when you play TFC!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah what Borg said, more info on the mouse plz.

I guess you've done all the obvious already?? Re-install drivers, disconnect plug, clean it out and re-connect the plug.

Mine is optical and cordless and the only problem I've ever had was that I had too much crap between the signal box and the mouse itself, it lost some of its relay time.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since we are on the mouse subject, are optical mice better, i am thinking about getting one? Any info. would help. Do they make gaming better?

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a good optical mouse (about 20 bucks I think), and yes, they are much better. No more cleaning the ball or having stuff get stuck between the pad and the ball, so it doesn't pick up as much.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurrg wrote:
since we are on the mouse subject, are optical mice better, i am thinking about getting one? Any info. would help. Do they make gaming better?

Yes, Optical is A LOT better than ball mouse. I love mine. When I compare it with my old ball mouse it is SO much smoother in movement and as VP said, no junk to clean out. I would highly recommend it over the ball ones.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one with a scroll on it is also sweet, mine cost about 20 or so at wal-mart. the scroll is great for weapons witch or mad bhopping
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wireless is not meant for gaming where it is optical or not. It will increase you lag and can freeze.

<TVB>DK
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optical mouses are much better, your movements are smoother and more controlled. No more cleaning out the mouse and so on.

But if you buy one i would suggest an optica one with a wire. The cordless ones still need some developement.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: