FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Santana School shooting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Santana School shooting Reply with quote

The guy who shot up Santana High School here killing 2 and wounding a dozen others just got sentenced. It took a year or so but now justice has been served.
He got 50 years to life.
He is eligable for parole in 2051.
Some dont think this is enough time. Maybe not but him being only 17 ish
He will be in his 60's before he will see the light of day again. His life is over for all but the bubba's who will enjoy him. He was crying at his sentenceing. to late now.

On the TV news, he is so young...what a waste...for him and the dead and all those that whose lifes will never be the same.

Here is to the dead. They don't get parole. So sad. I feel for their families who are dealing with the loss everyday.

Last edited by ROOFCUTTER on Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Bubba's are going to like him he's obviously a wimp if he went for a gun.I hope he doesn't get a nice comfortable isolated cell put him in general population so he gets what he deserves.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers to the families of those that have passed.

As for the guilty, I hope they drop the soap every day in the shower.

<TVB>DK
Darkath

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like that should all get sent to a federal 'pound me in the ass' prison, and locked away for life. I agree, 50 years is not enough.

^^^ Clicky
`RaphX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe that our country would actually protect this guy? He would get 5 years max, in a detention centre. It happens all the time, and it represents a large chunk of what's wrong with this country. In fact, he would probably still get "who cannot be named for legal reasons", as all young hooligans get, whatever the offence. That's why youth crime is so high here.
What I would give to see people over here get that sort of sentence...
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! An eye for an eye I always say.

He took a life so his is forfit. If I had things my way it would be up to the families of the victims to determine the persons punishment. If they want vengance then thats fine by me, if they want him in prison thats fine too but they get the final say unless they cannot decide then the judge should impose the maximum penalty.

Harsh measures like that I feel would reduce crime in no time at all, heck perhaps we should start looking at some of the criminal law from Islam. Get caught stealing you loose a hand, many other crimes and your life is forfit, I bet crime is not a big problem in Saudi Arabia.

Of course nothing like that will work in the western world, not with our present legal and political systems. Damned liberals.

Geez, does my neck sound red or what?

JD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that what this poor kid did was horrible. I have one small problem however.

There are those in life who deserve death. There are also those in life who deserve life. But who are we to give life and death to whom we please? We should not pass judgement on who should die and who should live. We can take a life with the push of a button or the flick of a switch but in the end who can resurect the dead man?

I am not siding with the killer. Nor am I agreeing with what he did. I guess my point is this: Who are we to decide who should live and who should die? If we do not have the power to take back a life then why do we have the power to take a life?

[RS]Potato-VS-
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in canada the bastard would get off with 25 years max the little ***** shoulD get sent to the jail **** up the *** to many times that would teach him a lesson for shure

(i LUV Acropolis2 ... why cuz its canadian just look at the sky in the middle section) <---{this has no relevance with my post}

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
`RaphX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RS]Potato-VS- wrote:
I agree that what this poor kid did was horrible. I have one small problem however.

There are those in life who deserve death. There are also those in life who deserve life. But who are we to give life and death to whom we please? We should not pass judgement on who should die and who should live. We can take a life with the push of a button or the flick of a switch but in the end who can resurect the dead man?

I am not siding with the killer. Nor am I agreeing with what he did. I guess my point is this: Who are we to decide who should live and who should die? If we do not have the power to take back a life then why do we have the power to take a life?

[RS]Potato-VS-

I'm afraid, if everyone thought in this manner, crime would rise to even higher than the ridiculous level it's currently at.
Similarly, who is this guy to see fit that 2 people should die and many others get injured.

Lisa Simpson wrote:
It's funny how two wrongs sometimes make a right.
JtH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets aids. I also hope that he rots in that jail cell and gets made a bitch to all those bubbas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree 100% with JD on this one. An eye for an eye. Who was he to decide the fate of the victims whose lives he has ended and/or changed forever. A lot can be said about the parents who obviously made no attempt to be parents. I could go on for days. Something drastic has to be done to the legal system so that maybe these people would think twice before acting out this way!!

God Bless You Blue Ruler
OpTlk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have no sympathy for him and i wish the judge would have given him the 428 year sentence instead of 50 years! I had friends that went to Santana and any of them could've been victims of this shooting(in fact a couple were very close when the shooting started). What i'll never understand is why take all your crap out on innocent people just because your life is ****** up! hows it gonna make it any better and if you dont wanna live, fine by me...go find a dark place and rid the world of one less threat to society.

I for one am sick of watching the news just to see that 90% of it is one crime or another...

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each his own. However, no one has the right to take a life. No one.
Monk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened was an unspeakable tragedy. The death of innocent children is always an occasion for great grief, and even understandable anger.

Mr. Williams was acting out of anger, with a strong wish for retribution. If we allow ourselves to stoop to his level in this never-ending cycle of retribution, we become just like him. The ancient phrase "Occhio per occhio, dente per dente" or "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" as seen in Deuteronomy 19:21 of the Bible, seems to justify this behavior, but let me also quote William Shakespeare as saying "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth will leave the whole world blind and toothless".

Shakespeare made a point that still seems to be largely disregarded today. Of course it is human nature to hate a monster, but to crucify him in his own manner, and retaliate, only makes us one of him.

The Santana Shooting was a tragedy beyond compare, both for the victims and for Mr. Williams. Let not hate this young man for his actions, but pity him. Only in forgiveness can we ever cure the world of this evil.

Remedy wrote:
The final solution is not retribution.

Amen.
bobins

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offence to any of you... but you got some F***ED up ppl over their... yeah we got nutters but theirs never once... to my knowledge been a school shootin where ppl have been killed... .but theirs at least one a year on our news about some F'in lunatic goin into a school over their

im glad that ... ill try n calm down... but...

right

im glad that nutter has been put away.. and im glad US law/justice completes their sentances... over here most ppl can apply for bail within less than half the time they been sentenced... and all they got to do is feed some crap to the parole board that their loyer has written up...

so im glad he's behind bars... pathetic how a case that big can take so long.. but then its the same if not worse over hear
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: