FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballVille!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: FootballVille! Reply with quote

Ok Vill'uns, I've set up a Yahoo! (free, hehehe) fantasy football league just for us regs. This is yet another great way to get bragging rights for all the forum spam you can dish out!

Before signing anyone up, I'd like to know how many people are actually interested in playing. So please PM me if you would like to play.

The league setup is as follows:
A maximum of 15 teams. It would be *perfect* to get 15 teams, then we'd all play 14 games (one vs. everyone else), and have 3 weeks for the playoffs.
The top 8 teams make the playoffs. Single elimination with consolation brackets.
The draft could be a live draft, but the only times available are really bad, so as of now, it's an autopick. You can edit the draft order so you don't get stuck with someone who has torn an ACL in the first game of every year of his career...

Again, PM me if you're interested!

Oh, and feel free to start the trash talking here, since you can never have too much!

BBF's team > j00!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
three_gunn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im friggin ready for this season!!! GO BEARS!

ive never played fantasy football though...i would like to play as long as you guarantee you will be there for me to bug you with questions!
okay, okay....i'll gladly accept other peoples advice/help too.

*PMing now*
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you explain a little more of the details. is this to follow the regular season or is it actualy games played on the internet?
three_gunn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just as new to fantasy football as you are RC...but im pretty sure its, you picking(or is it drafting?) players of your choice...and depending on how well that particular player does throughout the season(like yards, TD, tackles)...those numbers are added from every player on your team..and i guess the higher your stats are as a team...the better.

-i could be completely wrong though...sooooo..just pass on by this thread if you havent already...

edit: NM this message!! LOL...i misunderstood your question...now i see that you do know how to play
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for those who don't really know what fantasy football is here's a quick rundown:

You have a team made up of real players in the NFL. Most fantasy teams have very few "real life" teammates...

If a player on your team scores a touchdown, you get points, if he fumbles, you lose points... there's a fairly complex set of how you gain and lose points, but in general, if a player has a good day, you'll get a lot of points.

The league works by having "games" between your team and one other "coach's" team. You are the coach. You decide who will play for your "team" that week. This league has spots of a QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 WR/RB, a TE, a Kicker, and a Defense. The beauty of fantasy football is that you can put 20 minutes into it, or you can spend 12 hours/day on it. As long as you have someone playing in each position on sunday (or monday), you're ok.

The total points your team earns is all that matters in the end. If your team gets 120 points, and the other team gets 119.99, you still win. All the points are calculated by yahoo's servers, so all you have to do is set up your team and watch the beat the bejeezuz out of your opponent.

Lemme know if you have any other questions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question BBF. Live Draft or One List?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a live draft would be impossible to get a good time, so I was thinking we should do an autopick draft once everyone's signed up.
Whatever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play BBF, if we can get 15 teams. Will PM you here in sec.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to play, but I keep up more with college football than I do pro.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im definitally in. i would love to play. i may need a little help but i have played fantasy football before so i know the basics.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent u a pm
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love football, and fantasy football. I'm pming you now.

3gunn, after further review, The Bears still SUCK!!!

I'd like to make KRG my first draft choice.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, Sully's Goats select 12th-string backup punter KRG in the first round. Didn't expect that one, Bob.

Anyway, looks like we've got 8 teams and 2 interested. There's definitely enough for a league, so that's a go. We've got lots of time before the season starts, so we can wait a few days/week before signing everyone up.

If we actually do get 12+ teams, then I think I'll make the starting rosters a little smaller, so it won't be so hard to get decent players for all positions.

Anyway, the current league looks like it has:
BBF
Frag
Sully
Spanish Warpig
CaffineFree
Whatever
NaniteFog
Three Gun

and possibly
ROOF
and our Mayor.

Just look at all the bragging rights and trash talking you could do if you beat these guys! *drool*
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i luv fushball that would be sweet to do a fantasy thing DOLPHINS KICK A$$
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna play!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: