FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ok i got somthin to do now

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: ok i got somthin to do now Reply with quote

i started to learn how to touch type ages ago but gave up cos i was way to slow, but now as im online chattin a lot im going to make an extra effort to learn to touch type. im settin aside 2 hours every day to learn.

i've got this prog called mavis beacon typin tutor and ill be using that, i've just touch typed this and its taken me for ever, lol.

wish me luck ppl, im gonna need it, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion - don't use the "official" keys that they say. Just use whatever feels most comfortable. I don't even think about what fingers go where, but I'm sure they aren't "correct", but I still get around 50 WPM consistantly w/o looking at keyboard.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know any sites or free progs that measure WPM? ive never actually found out, but its pretty fast and i dont look when IMing and such...sometimes i thnk too much and get all the typos, but oh well ;>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno, but i have got this typing tutor thing that measures mine, but i only just started tryin to learn again so im not gonna do the wpm thing yet. luckily however i still remember where all the keys are when typin from the home keys, from when i tyred to learn before. so all i got to do now is increase my speed and accuracy.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the program that Killer used to learn to type. He does pretty good now. He types like a maniac and his school work has been the better for it.
He also had a childs game one , can't remember that ones name though.
I took my lessons in the summer of my 10 year of high school. Little did I know it would be the best class I ever took. Not that I can type very good but it has been better than pecking. Im the only one in my company that does all his reports on the computer! And faster then the old paper way
Ameanman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScum007 wrote:
do you know any sites or free progs that measure WPM? ive never actually found out, but its pretty fast and i dont look when IMing and such...sometimes i thnk too much and get all the typos, but oh well ;>

See my post on teh Typing Site
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been always able to type by toouch. I can also do the 10 key right or left handed same speed.

Nothing beats the saying 2 hands are better than one lol

<TVB>DK
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completly taught myself by chatting online. The best way I found was to just try to find the keys without looking at them to get the feel for where they were at and what fingers felt the most comfortable to type that letter with. It can be frustraiting but it does work.
AFI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch typing is the shiznit!!

Im doing it as we speak right now muahahah!!!

Bobins...listen to what they said, dont worry about "home row" just do what feels right

Oh and maybe you should think about fixing your spelling before fixing your typing

HAHAHA jk
Dahak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had two classes of typing in school. first was in middle school--everyone was required to take it. ya know.. the type of teacher that would slap your wrist with a ruler if your wrists weren't off the keyboard or if you were typing wrong... and then i had another class in high school, it was soooo easy.. lol. that's how I learned anyways.
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFI wrote:
Touch typing is the shiznit!!

Im doing it as we speak right now muahahah!!!

Bobins...listen to what they said, dont worry about "home row" just do what feels right

Oh and maybe you should think about fixing your spelling before fixing your typing

HAHAHA jk

i think... the fact that im learning to touch type will improve my spelling, as i will be consentrating more on what im typing...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobins162 wrote:
i think... the fact that im learning to touch type will improve my spelling, as i will be consentrating more on what im typing...

I think... the fact that I'm learning to touch type will improve my spelling, as I will be concentrating more on what I'm typing...
Sorry - I couldn't resist
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to learn to touch type as well but I find that I have to look every once in a while. (I just looked to find the period key and the open parentheses but that was all).
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.. it's commin along ppl... i know where all the keys are... i havent got to look down... and i can touch type... yay... im just workin on my speed and accuracy.

i think i've progressed so quickly cos i talk on aim and msn a lot....

i've been doin nothin but touch typin for the past few days... and most of my contacts have said that they have noticed that i have increased speed today.. since the other day.. when i first started tryin to touch type.

o and good luck clay... the best advise i can give is DONT how ever much u feel you need to... DONT look at the key's

and dont give up... i felt like givin up a few times the other day... cos i was so slow... but i've stuck with it... and now im startin to see the speed commin along
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: