FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scripts are not Cheating.. Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that you shouldn't be allowed to use a script unless it it something you can do yourself without modifying any .cfg files. Rocketjumping is a series of actions, it shoudln't be used as a script because nobody can pull off the rocket jumps in the scripts with consistency. Nobody can time their feign and drop pack well enough to make it look perfect in a script. IMO it's stupid to download a script or write one into .cfg when you could be playing tfc anyways. Play the game using the skills you have, you want help improving those skills, talk to a regular here and get help, don't go for some llama script. You people are better than that, I know it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cstone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillerRoof, no you missed the point.

The question is if rocket/conc jump scripts are cheats. There is no question that regular rocket/conc jumps are perfectly legal functions of the game. Only when you bind a key to perform them automatically does their validity come into question.

cstone
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, get over it, this was species' prob, we've dealt with it, thats all we reaaly need 2 no, and i do consider double conc jumping script a cheat, cause thats nearly immpossible for most of the players 2 do, let alone get a perfect conc jump every time.....

Omega SiN
Sk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight ....its ok to bind a key to an action, but its not ok to bind a key to perform more than one action?

So ... you can't have the spacebar bound to make you jump + duck @ the same time? You can't B.Hop? You can't have a grenade timer? You can't even have a key bound to take a screen shot that clears all information from the screen before taking the shot?

The use of scripts can't be considered a cheat. Even B.Hopping isn't considered a cheat now. It was in the past considered an exploit (not a cheat) but valve has somewhat addressed it (limiting the speed to between 140% to 175%). If your going to join a clan and play in a league, I would love to see you guys being competitive against some of the other clans, that B.Hop/Glide/HH and Script.

GL and HF.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned (with the exceptions already noted), binding a key to perform more than one action is a cheat.
Any idiot can bunny hop without scripting.
Scripting sucks.

DreadVile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know things like the Sniper zoom has more then one function on a key. I have two binds that I use one for Rjump the other For Pjump. I use them cause my buttons are to far apart to do it normally. The commands jumps and fire , I have to look down and I still control the effect of my flight length...ect.

---"If your going to join a clan and play in a league, I would love to see you guys being competitive against some of the other clans, that B.Hop/Glide/HH and Script"---

That is where I learned all my Config skillz. Tournys and leagues.

P.S. - Binding a key to do more then one thing s part of the game... Deal with it.

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2001-11-13 19:46 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper Zoom definitely does not require 2 actions to a button.
It comes under the special function key.

It's a shame you require such things to play - you're only making the game much less of a challenge for yourself.

I don't care what leagues you've played in - scripts in general are frowned upon in competitive play. And for the record I do quite well against all sorts of teams so I don't know what you're on about.

DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if you look at the zoom command it is more then one action bound to a command. It is bound to one command with a alias, so you hit one key and it does it all. I use a laias or two to make up for key placement. Alias is a Habit from the tournys I played in and you never played in the tounys I have. you would get owned faster then you could think. Scripts are frowned on...if you can't do it normaly it is not allowed. On the other side if it is then you can do it, like Binding jump and fire to one key, then it is ok. You said you know alot about Configs, but with every word you prove your self wrong. The drop ammo thing he had it a cheat ..cause it can't be done in a normal game. BTW I use the Rjump cause my buttons are to far apart, if you can read you would have found that out.

P.S. I got out of tournys before I played TFC. So don't ask what TFC tournys are out there.

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off don't you start patronising me - I'm not the one who's trying to gain significant advantages using scripts.

bind "KP_DEL" "+attack2"

That's my sniper zoom key - so don't you tell me I'm talking crap - that's a single command *that you can bind in the config section in HL*.

Did it ever occur to you to change your config if your buttons are so far apart?
I've got everything I need concentrated into one space (Numpad).

"...if you can't do it normaly it is not allowed"

Since when did binding fire and jump to one key consitute doing it normally? Press one key to fire, and one to jump. It really isn't that hard you know.

Btw if an alias does more than 1 command, it's a script.

[ This Message was edited by: Greebo on 2001-11-14 04:33 ]
Sk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from Greebo: "It's a shame you require such things to play - you're only making the game much less of a challenge for yourself.

I don't care what leagues you've played in - scripts in general are frowned upon in competitive play. And for the record I do quite well against all sorts of teams so I don't know what you're on about."

umm ... so what your saying is, people from Clan's like Team Germany, Moneyshot, Zero Tolerance and Black Plague aren't playing the game fairly since they use scripts to perform most of their actions? Greebo, I am curious as to what Clan/League experience you have (outside of TheVille)? I know for a Fact that in STA/OGL/TFL/IGL and PFL Scripts are not viewed as a lame tactic or frowned upon. Btw - can you please send me a demo of you B.Hopping? I would love to see that, since I doubt you can do it. Also, about TheVille I played on it for 2 nights and was ranked in the Top20 out of like 8,000 people, so it doesn't take much to appear to be a good player on TheVille Server's. This ia a GOOD thing, and I applaude the Admin's for taking the time and patience to setup this type of operation. Greebo, I know your an admin on TheVille, but I don't see your logic about scripting being a lame tactic used.

How do you feel about Grenade Timer's?

[ This Message was edited by: Sk on 2001-11-14 05:53 ]
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up..Greebo your head is to far in the sand and your ears are plugged.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about leagues or tourneys or...but here in the ville scripts and aliasis are against the rules.

The pack ejection is visual, so it is inforceable. Rocket jumping and other scripts are not so your on the honor system.

So the only question here is.
Are you honarable or not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The keyboard set up is important here guys.
you should visit the keyboard binds thread and see how others are doing it.
I have no problem activating any and all keys with my set up. Thats 25 keys without moveing my hand not only that, my left hand is on the home typing keys so when I want to type something I'm half way there.

I found the primed gernade key to be a hassle and unnessary use of a key. I just hold "G" (wouldn't you know it) and count in my head depending on when I want it to go off and let it fly.
I can hit my jump and crouch key at the same time with my thumb and how hard is it to hit jump and fire at the correct moments to jump?

I can't even see why you would want a pipe jump script this is a collosal waste of a key.

Of course the last part are my opinions.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-11-14 10:23 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Greebo, I am curious as to what Clan/League experience you have (outside of TheVille)? I know for a Fact that in STA/OGL/TFL/IGL and PFL Scripts are not viewed as a lame tactic or frowned upon. Btw - can you please send me a demo of you B.Hopping?

I play in OGL - and I know that amoung the more honourable clans, who don't use cheating scripts, it is frowned upon. I've played in clanbase, though I haven't read the rules there, clanbase sucks for TFC cos half the teams never show then claim the other half forfeited.

Oh and your comment abuot stats?
Most people don't give a damn about them these days.
Most people have realized that individual stats count for sod all - it's how the team does that counts.

I shall do a demo in the next hour or so - smartarse.

btw I still have your won id, so you're not doing yourself any favours.

[Edited to put demo addy in]

Demo is up http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.godfrey5/bhop.rar

[ This Message was edited by: Greebo on 2001-11-14 16:37 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadville you're obviously deluding yourself.
I've given you a ton of reasons why I think scripting is cheating, you have answered none of them.

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I know guys! Let's just allow aimbots.
I mean if you can aim normally (by Dreadville's logic) Then you can justifiably use an aim bot.....idiot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: