FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bad American?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Bad American? Reply with quote

For those of you who know, yes this is stolen but it was such a damn good read that I had to share it. Yes I know ahead of time that some of you are going to disagree very much, but that's a chance I will take.

Ted Nugent wrote:

I'm a Bad American-this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and
naturally, pretty women. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel
governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out
babies. I don't care about appearing compassionate. I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a
killer. I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or
victimized. I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me
mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations. I know what SEX is and there
are not varying degrees of it. I don't celebrate Kwanzaa, but if you want to that's fine; I just
don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room,
you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My
uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in
to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop'
in English, see the previous
line. I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political
affiliation do a recount when needed. I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on
the word "is"-ever.

I don't think just because you were not born this country, you qualify for any special loan
programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any
thing else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't
afford it. I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet. I thought the Taco Bell dog
was funny. I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson
sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a
red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at
Blockbuster or Jack In The Box. I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or
fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives invain and defend our
Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to
interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what
they said - now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich. I help the poor. I know wrestling is fake. I've never owned, or was, a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to
own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember,
tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too - it was wrong for every
one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and,
what exactly is his job function. I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should
be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If
it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the
building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me
that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the
mainstream of this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white male. If someone kills
anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime. We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already
have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks. I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to
the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so. I'll admit that the only movie
that ever made me cry was "Ole Yeller."

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these
beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just
to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how
desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American. But,
that's tough.

Ted Nugent

bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats a lot of writtin -- n im tyred n cant be bothered to read it rght now -- ill read it tommorow when im awake

o im tyred cos its 1AM uk time -- lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted is a NUT!!!
He's great to listen too and the way he expresses his opinions make my ROFL!!!
Do I agree with everything he says........IDK.
He has the base for some great discussions though!!!!!

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read it before (I always read stuff before it's posted I have special abilities that allow me to do that ), and I must say I 100% agree with everything there. I found it a very good read.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N1 Computer. First time I've seen that. Nobody will agree 100% but a lot of that is what's wrong with our country. Everyone needs to stop whining about everything and take some responsibility to make it better.

***Uses Hoaxie's Edit Button***

No offense bobins but this isn't really a thread to spam on. If your too tired to read it go to sleep and read it tomorrow. No one really wanted to know that you wouldn't read it until tomorrow.

***Uses Hoaxie's Edit Button Again***

Any of you wacky Canadians, Scots, or Down Underers (that a word Omega?) are welcomed to comment. You probably have an interesting nonspammy view about all this.

Last edited by The Nanite on Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted is crazy. They don't call him The Motor City Madman for nothing,

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!

Last edited by hoaxie on Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Big_Bad_Zack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with every word.

Good quote.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I agree with all of it but 99.9% is pretty close to all of it. on Ted.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh!

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE NUGE!!!!!

rawk on.

Thanks for that post comp. Very good points.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with him 101% lol, and its not that he thinks that stuff that makes him great, its that he has the balls and delivery to make it matter-of-fact when it comes out. And remember, August is Gizanked Pride month, as well as Gizanked awarness month and the start of the " free the Gizanked" campaign.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad American? Reply with quote

Ted Nugent wrote:

1)"I thought the Taco Bell dog
was funny."

2)"I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks."

3)"I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson
sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a
red light. But I respect your right to."

1)LOL, totally! I mean....ITS A TALKING DOG!

2)Where I live, itz illegal to set off your own fireworks !

3)Yea, i agree to this totally; turn down the music when your on the road plz...you dont want to start a trend ...hell would freeze over before I am willing to drive on roads where people start deciding to turn on country music full-blast
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeilSide wrote:
Amen

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
SoDum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted29 wrote:
Argh!

What he said.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: