FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'M SICK OF HEARING THIS....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: I'M SICK OF HEARING THIS.... Reply with quote

PPL IM FED RIGHT UP

TODAY IN TV3 WHEN I WAS IN THEIR I HEARD THIS SAID EVERY FEW MINS -- N SOMTIMES BY PPL WHO KNOW HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO WORK

THIS IS WHAT KEPT GETTING SAID

who's cap

NOW COME ON PPL -- EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THAT IT DOESNT MATTER

yes somtimes its anoying if you've dun all the work getting it within a few paces of the cap point and then sombody else getts it but thats how TFC works

its the dam TEAM score that counts -- so if sombody can pick it up n cap it -- which increases the speed between caps -- then do it -- dont stand around n type 'who's cap

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. This is a team based game and you should work as a team. If I see a flag laying close to the cap, I will cap it. That way the next person can get the flag and come out of danger. I have been at the flag respawn at times and waiting there and at one point someone was asking who's cap was it. I was waiting there every second in danger and by the time it was capped, I was fragged.
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I complately agree, but for example it is 2fort. I am a medic and take it all the way to the cap and i get sniped. Then others take it and cap it very easily by taking a couple of steps. It makes me mad, but that is how the game is. By the time that people figure out whos cap it is, the flag could be capped 1 or more times extra, which could make the difference between the team winning or not.

ToRaK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm.

If you had spent 50 deaths being the only one on offense to bring a flag back to your base and get killed in your base because your defense sucks (even though it has 9 players), wouldn't you want your cap?
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
Hummm.

If you had spent 50 deaths being the only one on offense to bring a flag back to your base and get killed in your base because your defense sucks (even though it has 9 players), wouldn't you want your cap?

No. I would want the team to cap and to actually get some points. I don't care about the 50 deaths. I just care about getting as good of a team score as I can. I would immediately go right back in to get the flag, even if it takes another 100 deaths this time.
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was probably me its just i was pissed i had carried the flag several times from nme entrance to my teams entrance it just pissed me of i shoulda bin in first by like 70 with a score of 100 cuz of my sniping

u know i was just sorta pissed off srry

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
Big_Bad_Zack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked it. Sometimes just out of curiousity.

But mainly to give someone a pat on the back if I saw them
do something brave like running into the church against 3 SGs.

I myself love SG surfin.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after u do all that work, u usually want a reward (10 points to ur score), so u don't look like u suck
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked earlier on acrop2, wanted to give people thier jsut reward, my score usually sucks and i didn't want to make myself look better than i was, but from now on i'll just carry it on up
Blown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself dont care if I run the flag all the way back and die real close to capping, then someone else cap it. I do though ask whos cap it is cause if it is important to them to get thier 10 points then fine. Ill usually ask and if not answered quickly Ill just cap the flag. Just dont spend too much time waiting for the person cause then all that happens is your team may lose the chance to take the flag cause they may be there waiting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if you cap the flag that I carried back, but I'm gonna offer any flag I find, if it's close to the cap point.

Just courtesy, in my opinion.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's usually not worth the effort to explain to someone that (a) it is possible to drop the flag, and (b) which key to press to drop it. It seems that most veterans will just grab it and cap it to keep the game moving, but if there's a Medic/Scout chasing you giving you the dirty eye, you drop it to be polite.

I think I'm pretty good at giving up the flag. Like when we're attacking CP3 on Avanti? I'll drop the flag and leave a pack for you too. Repeatedly. Look for it right in front of an SG.
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, i rarely touch the flag since i suck at offense, but if i happen to see it on the ground, im gonna try my best to get it closer to our base or into the cap point. granted i'll usually end up dying, but hey its closer for the next persont o try and cap. Normally i dont ask whos cap it is, but if something says something, i'll try to get it to them, otherwise i usually just hear or see veteran players tell the rest of the team where it is and then make their way back to the nme flag while the team caps it. i dont always remember to, but i try to say 'gj' to the person who got the flag as well.

Oh, and on a similar note...i have to give out to Kjeldorian Royal Guard for his KICKASS sportsmanship that he showed the other night in a game of Badlands...it was probably 7 on 7, and i think him and one other person were our only O and at one point he brought the flag back to our base came over to me(i was playing engy) and gave the flag to me and said "i like to reward my defense for a job well done" i thought that was cool..never happened to me in any game i've ever played in TFC.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
Hummm.

No, at that point I'd want a new team

It is unfortunate, but that is the case on many maps like badlands etc.

The reality is YOU know you put all the effort into getting it there and that is all that should matter, because this is a team game. Besides if I die close to capping the flag, when I respawn, I'm headed back too the base to get the next one. If I get there and the flag hasn't been capped yet you will almost definitley see a "WTF, cap it already !"

Maybe it comes from playing a lot of medic and other supportive roles, but I sure don't base my success on just my score. If I heal my team while we hold point 1 in Avanti for like 20 minutes and I die 30 times and get no frags, I still know I contributed to the Team success. I really don't care what my personal score reads, I look at team score mostly.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpTik wrote:
Oh, and on a similar note...i have to give out to Kjeldorian Royal Guard for his KICKASS sportsmanship that he showed the other night in a game of Badlands...it was probably 7 on 7, and i think him and one other person were our only O and at one point he brought the flag back to our base came over to me(i was playing engy) and gave the flag to me and said "i like to reward my defense for a job well done" i thought that was cool..never happened to me in any game i've ever played in TFC.

Way to go there KRG...Now that is what Teamplay is about....You have my respect for such an action and are indeed a scholar and a gentleman in my book.

shhh, now don't make to big a deal about it...we don't want to embarass him, so a simple "WTG KRG" in game will be enough I'm sure.

= KRG
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: