FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Open Letter to all Villuns
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Open Letter to all Villuns Reply with quote

With all the drama on the forums lately I wanted to potentially play peacemaker and bridge the gap for some.

There is mistrust of the admins from some. Some of the regs feel that the other group of people are trying to divide the ville and bring people to their new server. The way we feel is that it's good to always have options for places to play. It's like anything else. Besides the Ville you can play at The Hood, BR, Snag's server, Pete's, and many other servers to play at. The Hood (PWG) and BR branched off without a hitch. Why is Snag's server causing this much of an issue?

I really don't dislike Snag, JR, Computer, or eP. Hell, Torak may end up in Vegas. So, I get along with all of them as far as I know. However, there is a right and a wrong way to get people to come to your server. Going on someone else's forums, questioning things they do, and then say "come to our server" implies that the ville sucks and come to our server. This is not acceptable. I wouldn't mind checking out your server. I would not come on your messageboards questioning every move you guys did as an admin. It looks bad perception wise.

As for the admins as a whole. We do our damnedest to provide llama-free servers for you. When our efforts get questioned by the same group of people, yes we will get defensive.

I'd prefer not to air dirty laundry in public. My one exception was Darkwor because he basically asked for it. I'd prefer not to explain the whole Snaggletooth banning and every single incident in the forums. For all I know he could take the log and paste it everywhere. Who knows which forums everyone is a part of. The Ville still to this day get flamed (from what I hear) at Planet Fortress over the Paul Bunyan incident almost nine months ago. I was not the banning admin (in this case) so it is not my call to make a log public. In Tyrant's banning I did show the log to Torak and went over it with him, privately. That's the key. I once already talked to Snag about the banning and he went to the forums anyway. I'd prefer not to make it a trial.

Basically what has to happen is one of two things.

1. The constant questioning on every topic can't keep going on forever. There's nothing wrong with questioning, but not the same four or five people everytime. It stops and we all continue to co-exist like we should. I respect Snag's new server and everyone else's forums. You all should recipricate that in return.

2. It doesn't stop as an admin is going to look like the bad guy because some of these people have set themself up to be a martyr while advertising their new server. The chronic complaining is going to push an admin/admins over the edge and they would be banned from the forums. You guys need to understand that some of you think you get into bad situations because you instantly do. It's not. It is a series of building incidents until one incidient that may not look bad in a log does not show the building of crap that lead to that.

I am potentially the harshest admin, however I am fair. I am looking at this from both sides of the coin. The people who feel they have the shortest leash in fact do. They have it because of being a complainer, a jerk, or difficult to deal with. People don't get a bad reputation overnight. Especially if they are a regular at our servers.

AS for TVB former members. I don't "witch hunt" them because they left. I don't allow that. Former members Whatever, Chen (Veilside), Idiot Savant don't seem to have this problem. So maybe take a look inward of why you are having the problem.

Thank God it's my day off. This is what I think and I think it is fixable if it is chosen as such.

Frag

PS: VEGA$!

Last edited by FragFailure on Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agrees.
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that i've questioned judgemnets -- but i have -- in the last week or too expresed my shock at certain events -- if you took this as questioning your judgment then im very, very sorry

in the short time scince i found the ville i have grow to love it very quickely -- its the only place i ever play at -- and i really enjoy the forums

i really appreciate all the hard work you admins put in -- i noticed it almost instantly when i first started playing at the ville and im glad that we have some of the most dedicated admins around -- whenever theirs a problem in a server with a llama -- all we need to do is quickely post in the forums and bam, 5 mins later theirs an admin in the server to sort the llama out.

THE VILLE RULZ

ADMINS YOU RULE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I would add or comment on is lately it seem that in the forums there has been quite a bit of flaming and complaining. The flaming I think we can do without. I really dont see a problem with complaining as long as the person that is complaining gives some sort of solution. Yes, I guess I'm also one that has complained without giving a solution so for now on I will myself try and give a solution to my complaint. I just think its too many ppl trying to take things to a personal level for whatever reason. I just think some ppl are more opinionated so it may seem that they speak up more often. I'm sure a couple of them have different ideas in mind than making this a better place. If you just want to cause probs, go somewhere else please.

For the most part I agree with you Frag, and I've always felt you to be a very fair person. I think as long as a thread stays civil we should be able to discuss it, so I would hope that ppl could try to be civil in threads. I think you can both get your point across, but give respect to the person on the other end at the same time. I think alot of us are guilty of this. Just go read a couple of closed threads, if you replyed to it I bet some of ya will have to agree it could be worded a little better, myself included.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is: Thank You Admins for all that you do without anything in return and that i will never go to a server that does not have TheVille.org in the title because of all that you do.

Thanks!!!!!

Ameanman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant complain...i havent really seen any bad fights or arguments (except for the occasional llama behavior) but of course, im the type of person who doesnt like to fight...just PLAY the game!
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully support everything Frag mentioned. Well said.

Quote:
quote from Ameanman
just PLAY the game!

The genious in that simple statement speaks volumes, in fact I'm going to bind it to my life.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't complain either and frag has the biggest words put in the right place at the corect time!!! i would rather not argue it over and over again for myself and my fellow villuns..

i will walk away from the problem and think about what i have done to cause a problem and try to work it out with that person!! the best way is to pm them of the problem i guess or email if you can??

But this no time to argue from me on my old days, as this is my new home and not very many good places to come and chat or read the forums on news for the ville
OS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without realising it, I have probably questioned admin's decisions a few times. So I'm sorry. I agree with everything that you wrote, Frag, but there is one thing I did miss.

Quote:
The Ville still to this day get flamed (from what I hear) at Planet Fortress over the Paul Bunyan incident almost nine months ago.

Is this guy the...er...."leader" over at Planet Fortress? And what did he do to get banned?
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am still yet new to the forums and learning and listening to the admins or rob is the wisest thing to do!!!

i am not so new to the servers but the same rules follow in a game as you would look through these forums i am guessing.. i am still new to the forums but i love all the servers!!!

Last edited by -=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas] on Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktulu wrote:
I fully support everything Frag mentioned. Well said.

Quote:
quote from Ameanman
just PLAY the game!

The genious in that simple statement speaks volumes, in fact I'm going to bind it to my life.

great job all and frag ur the best and i bet it took u a while to figure this out and place it in the forums.. looks like a page long note pad of work well done!! well said by all in these quote's

Last edited by -=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas] on Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way I get back to reality of The 'Ville is I read the rules again. Just because you've been here a while doesn't mean you're exempt from the rules. And as I've heard before, if it's addressed here, it's probably addressed elsewhere in one of the forums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-Sherry-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I had no idea so much was going on...
I would personally like to say that I have loved my experience in the Ville. I love every TVB member thus far, I love the effort the admins put in their servers, and the way the forums work. Just never really noticed all that activity. For, the servers that I used to play in, I was used to seeing this sort of thing.
Which, goes to show you, that since all this is a big deal, the Ville seems to be a very serene environment for people, and gamers. I would personally like to give the admins a thumbsup for teh way they handle the server. It takes a whole hella lot a work to keep 1 server, yet alone 3 servers Llama free.
As before menhtioned.
THE VILLE RULZ
THE ADMINS RULE
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here goes.........

First of all I really wish that I hadn't been lumped together with a group of people but I guess from what I've written you may have gotten that idea. I'm affiliated with no group other than the tags that you see on me. njk and a demo guild. That's all. I'm an admin on Snag's server but at no point did I ever attempt to turn problem here into an opportunity to advertise. That would be like being invited into someone's house and then inviting there guests to you party. Just rude. Yea I may have put the IP on the forums here but so has every other clan that has aquired a server I believe.

As for stirring the pot. Well what can I say, I'm extraordinarily opinionated and more than often my opinions will go against the grain. However I think that out of necissity the leadership of any organization needs to be questioned. I think that's what creates justice. When things get swept away and hidden it brings out the worst in the people they are trying to lead by creating mistrust when there doesnt' need to be any. I'm not saying that I have any mistrust but it's human nature. It happens with our political leaders all the way down to teachers and our parents.

This place really does have some fabulous admins. Some more harsh than others (Frag ) but just none the less. Many of you know that I don't hesitate to contact any of you. I've PMed Cycodad, Bada or Sully (dont' remember) and a few others with apologies for things that I have said. I guess to just spit out what several people have said and bring this out in the open (maybe we can keep this civil) alot of peole had a problem with the complaint about Bada post being locked, they feel it was swept under a rug. I for one have no opinion on this. I have no problems with Bada. NONE WHATSOEVER, but if this is going to be resolved then I guess the problem needed to be stated.

As for my problems. Bah. I don't really have one I guess..... I could prolly come up with some reason to have one, it wouldn't be hard but I dont' and dont' feel like having drama. I've had a LOT of it in my life lately and would really love to lose it here.

Finally I am somehow caught in the middle of this b/c many of the people that have been grouped together havn't done a single thing to me. And I refuse to base my opinion of someone on their actions towards others. Just not may way especially when I have nothing but good history with them. So if I sound like I'm 'defending' someone. I'm not, merely asking the tough questions to get to the dirty ugly belly of everything.

gg.
SoDum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However I think that out of necissity the leadership of any organization needs to be questioned.

The fact that this isn't how it works is one of the things that snapped me.

It's a bloody tyranny, and i don't think that's right.

BUT OMFG HE'S TRYING TO DIVIDE THE VILLE, so i'll stop there.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: