FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Learning to Drive
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Learning to Drive Reply with quote

well i'm currently learning to drive -- i have had 17, 1 hour lessons -- n i have a 1, 1 hour lesson a week

i should be taking my test at the end of next month

P.S. i duno why i posted this -- board i quess -- o i know a solution for that -- TFC -- lol
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In America breathing for 16 to 18 years is are the only requirements to get that coveted license.
Bobins what are the gas prices like in Europe?
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
In America breathing for 16 to 18 years is are the only requirements to get that coveted license.
Bobins what are the gas prices like in Europe?

well in da UK you gotta work for your licence -- and you gotta be 17

my mate had his test n failed cos he had 1 major and 2 minors -- but the testers are sexist -- cos i know a girl who had 13 minors and still passed -- strange -- lol

o and the gass prices in the UK are huge -- it costs a fortune to fill up over here -- im not exactly sure but i think its between 70 and 80 pence a liter. were taxed to death over petrol (gas) -- their were hyue protests not to long ago over it were ppl blocked all the refineries so all the petrol (gas) stations ran outta petrol n the coutry came to a near standstill -- the f'in gov didnt do nothing tough -- the stupid protesters ( who had everyones support) backed down after around a week and a half

the UK has one of the highest prices for petrol (gas) anywere

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is driving scary?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i first started i thought it was a bit ( i had never driven b4 -- not even with my parents)

but now its fine -- i still feel a lil uncomfortable when going 60 around bends with heavy goods vehicles in the next lane -- but normal urban driving is fine -- just gotta watch for those stupid pedestrians who run across the road without looking -- lol

it must be a bit different in the us though -- cos the max national speed limit is something like 120 over their init -- I'm not sure -- i know its above 100 -- but over here in the UK the national speed limit is 70

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
cos the max national speed limit is something like 120 over their init

O_o? 120? that would be like... woW... nooo not 120 lol... unless you mean KPH, in which case, maybe, i have no clue what it is in that
OpTlk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

120 km/h right? thats only 75mph. if so, then yes, i believe that may be an unofficial national speed limit over here. of course, very few here(Southern California) drive anywhere close to that on the freeways...usually alittle higher.

you're almost there, but good luck with the license, its nice to have that sudden freedom of going somewhere when YOU want to and not when someone else feels like taking you.

Oh, and right now i'm paying $1.41/gallon right down the street from me.(La Mesa, for you SD residents)

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm learning how to drive too. I got my unofficial permit a few days ago. I thought the speed limit was 65 mph??? At least in the CA freeways. I guess you people speed too much.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bubbles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm..yes if your driving a car make sure when you park not to hit the concrete blocks infront of you. Yes, I did it in my brand new car and rip something out the front ...not sure if it was important ...but just incase don't hit it hehe

Also if ur park at a post office remember to put the it in reverse and not drive hehe done that before too...well i think that is all i did so far...well i gotta jet so cyas And Good Luck!

#Crazy
Dahak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you drive on the wrong side of the road you british bloke!
`RaphX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahak wrote:

No we don't - it's the rest of the world that drives on the wrong side #Fist
Driving rox0rs! Hey, imagine driving on the German Autobahns - that would be friggin great, with no speed limit to hold you back. Ahem... I'm a good person really.
bobins162 wrote:
my mate had his test n failed cos he had 1 major and 2 minors -- but the testers are sexist -- cos i know a girl who had 13 minors and still passed -- strange -- lol

15 Minors make a fail. As does a single Major. I got 9 Minors, 5 of which were speed related. But I'm still a good person really.
And a classmate of mine, a couple of years back, got 5 Majors and a Dangerous. Although I still don't know how many Minors he got...
Hey bob! Have you sat your theory test yet?

And I wish our country did junctions as well as this...
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaphX wrote:
Dahak wrote:

Yeah you do, we invented the modern auto and highway system....j00 h0s0r.
[BBCAP]Billy Madison

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobins162 wrote:
just gotta watch for those stupid pedestrians who run across the road without looking -- lol
#Beer better watch out lol

Hello Mr. you dropped your little green backpak
OpTlk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, maybe its just me Rat Boy, but once you get your license and start really driving you'll see that 65 is just too damn slow on the freeway! Hmm, its probably just me though, i dont like speed limits.

and yes, everything is back asswards over there? wrong side of the street...wrong side of the car. i'd be so lost, i'd call 'shotgun' and suddenly be driving! d'oh

Quote:
15 Minors make a fail. As does a single Major. I got 9 Minors, 5 of which were speed related. But I'm still a good person really.
And a classmate of mine, a couple of years back, got 5 Majors and a Dangerous. Although I still don't know how many Minors he got...

we really must have it easy over here in the states for a license...i think i only missed 3 pts on my test...all of which were failing to completely stop behind the while line at stop signs. Hey DMV! #Fist

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaphX wrote:
Dahak wrote:

i would feel so strange if i got to drive in europe or the us -- i'd probably go the UK way around a roundabout -- lol

RaphX wrote:

o and no i havent taken the theory test yet -- i got it booked for a couple of days into my summer holls -- n we break up on the 19th

its really easy though -- i've dune it online to practice hunderds of times in school when i've been board and i passed each time -- i just hope i pass the real thing now -- lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: