FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
im so anoyed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think of school
fun (weardo -- lol)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
fun to be with friends but crap cos your in school
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
absolutely crap and should be abolished
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
crap but needed
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

bobins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: im so anoyed Reply with quote

im stuck in crappy school again

i got to suffer 2 more weeks of this torture before i have my summer holls -- all you ppl in da us who are still in school but have broken up for the summer -- your soo lucky

school suXs

o and i just had to put the poll in -- i havent dun one 4 ages -- lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like school when I has just started (1-4 grade), and 5th and 6th sorta started to wear me out, but I had cool teachers. But now I finished 7TH GRADE!! (Wow, I'm good.....) And the fact is that school officially sucks now. I have had many ideas about what to do for a job when I get out of college, but so far I have gone with this new one for about 2 years (Digital Animationist), and still have my heart set firmly on it. And so when I go to my Texas History class (US history next year ), I can't help but think to myself, "What the hell am I doing here? I'm not going to and never intend to use Texas history in my life..." I would agree if you said that people need to know about their history, but not so much that you have to spend the rest of your school days learning about. Same with any other subject that doesn't appeal to me. My mind is narrowed and un-changing about the fact that I am learning and working, about something that I never needed to know.

Summary - Schools really aren't that bad, but when you have your heart set to a certain job, they are the evilest things in the world

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. seventh grade. Such a painful period of my life, I hardly remember it.

But not to be some preachy old man VP, but I swear what will happen is this. You will be offered your dream digital animation job, but first you will have to complete a project of animation about... Texas history!!

It sounds stupid, but this is the kind of thing that always happens to me in my life. I'm going along happily ignoring something, then that thing gets really important to me whether I like it or not. Then I'm like, "Doh, why didn't I pay attention in Texas history class!?!"

Y'know, I used to say I would never use all the math I had in school, and I use that crap every day at work. Sigh.

At least in college the classes you don't want to take, about things you don't care about, are a lot more interesting.

Anyway good luck with school and your animation plans.

<TVB>FingerDemon-VS
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it any better FingerDemon. It's been a while since I was in school and a lot of those classes that I swore I'd never use in life I find that I am using. It seems like it takes forever when your going through it but looking back now, it didn't take all that long. It is true when it's said that education is the key, no matter what you decide you want to do in life.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schools useful - gotta stick at it.
For me the first years of school were crap - cos I was bullied.
Was only the last year of school that I really enjoyed - because people had matured and so bullying was nil for anyone (afaik).
Plus I...not made friends cos I'd known her for a while...talked to a lot more to the girl who, by the time we went to university, was my girlfriend - still is my girlfriend come to that.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

School is important, no question about that.

Keep in mind that once you are out of school and working, you won't have much hollidays in summer anyway. So learn to miss beautiful days

It's even worse here in Quebec. Because of the snow in winter, summer is much appreciated....and I pass it behind my desk working to get grants for research.... Oh well.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
Schools useful - gotta stick at it.
For me the first years of school were crap - cos I was bullied.

ya i have stuck at school -- i could of left last year as thats when compulsory education ended for me -- but i stayed on to get A-Levels -- which are 2 year courses. i got 1 more year of them and then im going to UNI -- school is crap but i think anyone who quits as soon as their able to are very STUPID

o and i was bullied for the first 3 years of school -- i was always getting beatten up -- and the school i went to dun absolutely nothing about it -- but i left that school and whent to a better junior school -- and i been in my comprehensize school now for 6 years
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I myself loved school and would give anything to go back. I never had too much trouble with bullies just the occasional fight for what of course now looks like no good reason but they always seemed good at the time lol. My advice is enjoy it as much as you can because like what was said earlier, you wont get much time off maybe 2 weeks out of an entire year depending on what you do, plus if you think your teachers are hard on you wait till you hit the real world and have to juggle between keeping the wife happy, paying bills, having a family and going to work for some stressed out, caffene doped out boss that always has a deadline for you thats about 3 days shorter than what you really need and nothing is ever done right no matter how hard you work on it. NOW THAT SUCKS LOL.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(+)ASSASSIN(+) wrote:
Well I myself loved school and would give anything to go back. I never had too much trouble with bullies just the occasional fight for what of course now looks like no good reason but they always seemed good at the time lol. My advice is enjoy it as much as you can because like what was said earlier, you wont get much time off maybe 2 weeks out of an entire year depending on what you do, plus if you think your teachers are hard on you wait till you hit the real world and have to juggle between keeping the wife happy, paying bills, having a family and going to work for some stressed out, caffene doped out boss that always has a deadline for you thats about 3 days shorter than what you really need and nothing is ever done right no matter how hard you work on it. NOW THAT SUCKS LOL.

Pretty good description of real life here
Oh and Btw, I'm a *boss* myself at work..... #alien #Fist
I want your answer to this message for yesterday, ok??

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the classes I am taking during the summer for this college prep program I am in. I also am taking an actual college class. I enjoy school, especially what I do during the summer, but one good thing is, that the college that I am getting done now should help me in the future.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerDemon wrote:
Wow. seventh grade. Such a painful period of my life, I hardly remember it.

But not to be some preachy old man VP, but I swear what will happen is this. You will be offered your dream digital animation job, but first you will have to complete a project of animation about... Texas history!!

It sounds stupid, but this is the kind of thing that always happens to me in my life. I'm going along happily ignoring something, then that thing gets really important to me whether I like it or not. Then I'm like, "Doh, why didn't I pay attention in Texas history class!?!"

Y'know, I used to say I would never use all the math I had in school, and I use that crap every day at work. Sigh.

At least in college the classes you don't want to take, about things you don't care about, are a lot more interesting.

Anyway good luck with school and your animation plans.

<TVB>FingerDemon-VS

Actually, I'm planning to do the cinema graphics in those fancy games like FF's. I'm even planning to go to a college that teahces you how to make games

I know, I know...Now you're going to tell me that when I start to animate like that, they're going to ask me to do a cowboy game animation about a cattle drive on the Chisholm Trail

I know I need to stick with school, an I'm going to, but it's just so dang.....BORING! Hopefully it will get a little bit more fun if I can go to that gaming college Now there's a dream any gamer should want!

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

School was easy, did my homework at home... never. graduated #8 of 200 something and i have no idead how. Had like a 96% average over all 4 years, took 3 AP courses this past year( Biology, english and calculus) and the sad thing is... I'm goign to school for graphic design where the gen ed classes mean absolute crap. Oh well, if things go well i can keep going and maybe use that other less fun stuff later.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

School is easy, I'm 5th in my class of 700. I rarely do my homework but if you don't understand stuff, you need to do it. I guess I'm just weird.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: