FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did you find The'Ville?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:03 am    Post subject: How did you find The'Ville? Reply with quote

How did you come across theville? Basically how did your saga start here. And what kept you playing here?

For me it was kind of odd.

On my 56k Juno one day searching for TFC servers, I noticed that this list of servers.....

TheVille.org 1
TheVille.org 2
TheVille.org 3
TheVille.org 4

So I was like hey, they must be good servers and doing something right if they are all almost filled. I went in and saw all these people (and no 'players' at the time.)

I went into the server and said 'Hi all' and about 9 people said hi back. I felt so welcome there.

I just kept coming back to TV 1 and back.... and that is how it started....
(BTW i played it also when it was avantivill, but that was like once or twice, then i found that there were more servers and changed to TheVille.org and it was awesome to see it.)

What is your story?

Last edited by Chan on Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm lets see! I used to play on this server called Concerned Citizens and I played under the name Mike007. But then the server went down and I was on gamespy with a couple of others and someone recommended that I play on TheVille servers. I had to get used to the new Avanti. I was afraid that there were some mean ppl in here but I thought wrong. It was very friendly in here and ppl help me out on the neo-TF stuff. Then I started getting attracted to the servers and now I don't play on any other servers but these only!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found theville 4 first, way back when I played neo. Then I player on TV5, and now tv3/6. I was just using the browser thinggy, and stopped by.

Last edited by Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero on Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy. Back in the day, "Avantiville" was the only server with a name in plain English. Everything else had some uber-1337 name like [AsS]*-=MysErV3Rr0x0r$=-*. And you had to love a server that was quirky enough to run one map non-stop for years.

TV1 R.I.P.
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressed Quickstart.
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing at this place when it was named Avantiville, I grew to love the game of tfc at avantiville & kept playing because of the great people that played & were helpful to me when i was how you could say a n00b. Avantiville was the greatest server ive played on in my life & it grew into the best community of servers around. And i enjoy every moment i logon to TheVille.org to read & post on topics that are shared my hundreds of people around the country & even world.

Congrats to the ville & many years of great gaming experiance ahead.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play on a server called VegasTFC. John Doe used to pop in on occasion to play the 3rd party maps that we played there. He always used to talk about some server named Avantiville and how we should come check it out. Well one day I took him up on it. Then one day VegasTFC finally went down and I needed a new home. After playing here a few times I noticed that the people were very friendly. Also the servers had a strict NO CHEATING policy which I highly endorsed. It took me awhile to finally register here at the forums. All I wanted to do was play but the friendly atmosphere here led me to finally register and get involved with the community. I've been here for some time now and don't have a desire to go anywhere else. Thanks for the tip JD .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is always fun to fin the ville.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Warpath addict, and it happened that TV server was running it, with a good ping for me. Also I liked servers with sound pack, it's more fun. So I came back often to that server, until I noticed in the starting page an URL to this website, noticed also that there were stats available.

When I play anywhere else now, I find the game boring. Only at The Ville I find the game challenging.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its fresh in my mind as I'm fairly new to the ville and to tfc

it started around 2 months ago -- i thought, well I've played cc tiberian sun online and a few other games but I've never played half-life

so i installed it got the update etc. -- i didn't actually know how to join a server of my choice so i used quick start

i had played in a few servers which weren't very good then i found tv3 -- wow i thought -- everyone was friendly/funny and was having fun. and i was in awe at how good you all were and i really wonted to become good at tfc

so i just kept coming back to tv3 over and over -- i noticed the advert for the tv sound pack and for the web in console so i then checked this out

and i haven't left -- this is the only server i ever play on now -- except snags new server -- I've been in their a few times
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my tale begins with my love for avanti. I was/am an avanti junkie...Back in the day I used to play on Orbital Frame. Not to dis TV or anything, but that server rox0red. Then, after one of the updates, I think 1.1.0.8 or something, it died. So, it was on to another server. I found another all avanti server, and this one had a nifty little intro screen in the console telling me to visit the website. Well, after a couple weeks playing at the server I decided to "See How You Are Doing" and visited the website, and well, I guess the rest is history. That was back in October, and I have been hwew ever since.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started playing TFC I wanted a set of servers since that would mean that there would be people who played there a lot(or some other reason, too long ago). I saw that theville had 3 servers and I joined TV3 since it had a few open slots. Then about a few months, something got me into counterstrike so I spent about a month going to servers and I couldn't find any without any CHEETURS, so I remembered how things were at theville that I came back and registered at these forums. So theville have been the only TFC servers that I have ever played at, except maybe for practicing for the cup.
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the first time i ever played tfc i saw theville 1,2,3, and 4, also and thought well i will check it out, i went in there and it had neo,i knew nothing about this becuz first time playing, then all the sudden this binds pops up (i didn't know anything about binds and such) it said : "Gurrg farts in a cup and smells it" yes it was bright red nipples, i thought he was picking on me and i asked about it and he said not too worry about it, so i kept coming back and kept learning and have been playing theville for a long time. everyone told me about neo and binds it was just great a great feeling

Thnx Nipples

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was in the bathroom of some strip bar and on the wall I saw
"Plenty of fresh meat at The Ville"

Acually it was Avanti that attracted me at first, I had just discovered that map and loved the design so I would play on The Ville I and complain about there only being two HW's allowed LOL.
After playing there for a couple of weeks I kept reading that in game message "Get you live stats at www.theville.org" so I ventured in read the forums for a couple of days and was hooked.... I knew I had found the communtiy I was looking for,

Thanks Rob, you da man
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flankattack (who remembers him?) and I were on the phone to each other internally at the halls of residence at university - we would usually trawl for a same server so we could go in and work together.
Anyhoo - we were in avantiville (by accident) and it said "Get your stats at http://tfc.clarkgraphics.com"
So we did - we figured right - this place has avanti, our favourite map, and it has stats...which we were first and 2nd in = HOME.
flank has since drifted because it wasn't his Halflife and he lost it in a format, is too cheap to buy it again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: