FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I am quitting TFC.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: I am quitting TFC. Reply with quote

I have decided to quit TFC. I do this mainly because of the horribly violent graphicness of it. When I want to cap a man the braincase, I don’t want him to fly into four chucky giblets. I want to shoot him, and he to fall over dead. There is so much gore in so any media today and I don’t want any more in my games. I herby resign from buying M rated games and watching R rated movies. Maybe you can find me playing some of the less graphically gory HL mods like CS or DoD, maybe a little FA. Since I won’t be playing TFC I won’t be posting in these forums anymore. That is one of the gripes that I have about the Ville. It is a great place, but it is only TFC. Once I posted a pool to get a sampling of the religions on the Ville but it was promptly locked by an admin (I won’t say which.) This is a problem for me. Religion by definition is

1. RELIGION- people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
2. RELIGION- a particular institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine
3. RELIGION- a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
4. RELIGION- an object, practice, cause, or activity that somebody is completely devoted to or obsessed by The danger is that you start to make fitness a religion.

Pay particular attention to defenition number three. If I live by my rules (I am Christian) 24/7, how am I supposed to just check them at the door when I come into the Ville? The Ville is very non-Christian, as I have found out. If there are many Christians, I sure haven’t seen any speak up. I see many regulars cuss abundantly (I consider damn and shit as cuss words.) I have also heard people talk about trying to bed a girl on a date. As a firm believer in abstinence, this goes against my morals. I applaud any girl who keeps her virginity to her wedding day. It is quite an accomplishment these days. I applaud and guy who does the same. The common thought these days is that if you are a man and a virgin, you are not a man. There are a number of other things that I do agree with, but will not post them here. I know that the bible says that the life of a faithful Christian is a rocky one; the earth is Satan’s domain and will make life a living hell for me.

If any of you want to keep in touch with me you can e-mail me at Juxt9000@yahoo.com or you can go to my website, www.geocities.com/juxt9000/index.html

-Signing off,
Juxt
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go Jux.
The worst thing to do is to do things that are against your own feeling and judgements.

You are right, we try to keep it as close to TFC as possible. Some topics just bring out discussions that are best addressed on other boards and forums. You can insert any admin name there, regardless of their personel beliefs.
I dont believe that this has to mean you have to check your beliefs at the door.

I'm sure you have already tried setting your gib count to the lowest settings.

Good luck
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the first to say I've had a great time playing with you and you will be missed. I hope this experiance has been a good one for you, although we may come from many religions or not at all we have been your friend and still are.

The reason the thread was locked was to stop any potential flame wars about religion, as you know alot of people live and die by thier religion and since there are so many beliefs in this world many differences of opinion would surely start a flaming thread so we stopped trouble before it started because we care about everybody here.
Who wants to fight about religion? Look what Isreal is fighting now... a holy war.
Nope! I hope The Ville never gets political or religious, we have enough of that in the real world.

Good Luck Jux and I Hope To See You In The Future My Friend.
Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not say too much without getting into a debate, but i dont mind the site of blood, or my own blood. If you think m rated games is bad, look in Kazaa for 'faces of death' vidios.

But farewell Jux.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Kutlu, you just made me break the drama, I wasn't gonna make any more posts. You just brougt up a sore spot of mine.

The Ville isn't free from polotics. Why is it after Sept 11th the Ville was aflame with pro-american anti-islam posts? No admin stood up and stopped that. I don't get it. That (at least to me) is a surefire political statement. It seems to me that polotics is okay on the ville as long as it goes with the general public. I'm not saying that I don't sympathsize with the Sept 11th victims but if you are going to make a policy, stick to it, don't go halfway, be either for it or agianst it. Mediocricy is a terrible thing. Stand up for what you belive in.

PS. I may stick around the forums just becuase I like arguing.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Juxt I'm not going to fuel this into a flame but the Sept. 11 example was really not a good example.

This issue was black and white, good vs. evil those people were murdered and no matter what country or religion you came from the act was wrong, true islamics did not support that act just some isolated lunatics murdering people.

This is the last I'll post on this cause I will not debate this here at the ville.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like to argue for argue sake go elsewhere.
If you want to Comparing a EXTREME moment in history for Americans against the day to day ins and outs of maintianing a gaming forum does not lend itself to a level playing field.

These are ideals we try to follow and maintain not a rigid set of rules that we have to shoe horn everthing into, or be called to task for it.

If you are going to leave please leave graciously.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to stop the "Madness" somewhere! It's not your fault dood? Your just one of the many
unsuspecting victims of Oral Roberts & Tammy Faye's Anti-Violence champaign that is being
Subliminally sent from Canada.

Sources state it's coming from the John Doe Compound ?

Please report to Area 51 for a Debreifing. Your Support in our countries
Political Anti-Hypocrite Bill is in dyer need. Thank You! #Beer
Goldom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The longest post I have ever made on this board. And quite possibly the last before you forcibly remove me.

Now, I'm not telling you to go against your beliefs... but just because that's what you believe in doesn't mean that everyone else should, or can you blame them for that? Most people don't consider light swearing a bad thing. if you do, don't do it. there's no reason they shouldn't if they have nothing against it. you have to live with others beliefs as well. And what you say about other stuff, like the casual sex? Well, I definately agree with you on that one. I think the world would be a whole lot better off without it at all. But does that mean I think other people should be stopped from doing what they want? No.

Believe me, I've had a lot of those experiences with the ville myself, it being almost unanimously right-winged, and myself liberal, (erm.. just how many threads have gotten locked / deleted because of me? I think at least 3... no, 4. this will be number 5.)

Or how about the fact that even after two pages of me trying to say a serious fact about the nature of the universe, all I get except from one person are stupid jokes? Yeah, that annoys me too.

But does that mean that I'm gonna say, 'oh, well, since they go against what I believe, I'm not going to talk to them?' no. There's room for conflicting beliefs in a community. At least I thought there was.

Now, I can understand why you wouldn't want to play something with gore in it if you're against that, but how can you blame us for that? you say we are too centered around TFC? thats because this IS a TFC server! (And if i'm not mistaken, isn't there a violence control option? I could be wrong...)

Hmm, okay there have been two more posts since i started writing this. I frankly don't care how much you all flame me anymore, so I'm just going to say: there is no good vs evil. Do the taliban see them selves as EVIL? NO. they see America as evil. Are they right? of course not. but are we any more justified to say they are? Sure, they're bombing civilians. Like we aren't? Am I saying I don't think what they're doing is wrong, of course not. They are most certainly in the wrong, and should be brought to justice. Frankly, I just don't think that WE are any more in the right.

Now you're telling him to leave because he is making an argument. This is exactly what he was saying, you're only proving his point that you wont accept dissent.

Juxt, you've done nothing more wrong than I have. If you're asking him to get out, you might as well be asking me, I've cause just as much trouble. Does that mean I'm going to leave? No, not until I'm kicked out. cause I think I have just as much right to say my opinion as the other side does. However, I'm not so sure that I wont be, especially after this post. I half expect to be thrown out after this post anyway, and if I am, that only shows that he is right.

Do as you will. And by the way... I'd really rather not have 50 angry (or any) PMs the next time I come on... but I know I will anyway ~sigh~

Last edited by Goldom on Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERrRg! restraining...self.....from posting... Someone....lock thread...debate urge...too strong...don't know how....much longer.........I can hold back! Will Destroy....other's self esteem!
Goldom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, if we lock the thread and hide it in the closet, all the problems will just vanish...
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with Goldom's opinon that this is a right winged messageboard. I think Goldom sees anyone to the right of him and Greebo (pretty far left) is being conservative. I was basically forced to remove a post myself that felt strongly (and still feel strongly about.) I had to do this because of a very few people.

The question that is important of what is considered decent or indecent. We are a very dynamic bunch of people here. Finding the medium isn't a very easy one to find. You'd almost think a forum for this type of stuff for the Ville wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe if we did we'd know where everyone's coming from. We wouldn't convince someone to change what they think, but maybe to respect an opposing view. I just don't respect people who can't let things go after awhile (a few exchanges of opinon) and just "agree to disagree." Those people I don't respect because then they look like a brash jerk imo. They don't respect your POV but want to (debate) and tell you that yours is wrong.

Everyone here has an opinon, please respect them.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, although you blamed that whole thing on the liberals, the fact is that it was voted out 99 to 0. no one wanted that change, on either side.

FRAG'S NOTE: The Supreme Court of California made a ruling of it being unconstitutional, not a senate vote of 99-0.

The reason I say that is because, correct me if I'm wrong, that most of everyone here is republican (or, as it is, I've seen a LOT of support for Bush here, and very little against him). I'm not saying thats wrong, or anything, but am I not correct?

I never expected or wanted to change anyone elses views. I just try to say my own.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Pokes head in::

I still have more locked threads Goldom.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is going to be taken differently by different people but....
We are now officially off topic.

Would someone like to get us back on topic.

Good by Jux, it was fun playing with you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: