FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Defending Medic + league maps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Defending Medic + league maps Reply with quote

A little rant on D medics. Unlike most other classes that play D, they do not have a power ful main weapon, they really don't kill you, and they rarely if ever prevent you from getting the flag. So what do they really do? They chase you into your base so they can get a kill from a warn down medic who just probably had a heck of a run getting past a few soljahs and is like, w00t cappage. That's about all you can possibly do as a D med, unless you play on concing around your base chasing me. D medic = pointless.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<- Can defend with the best of them.
I understand what your point is though. I prefer to go Pyro and burn the crap out of the enemy offense.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love defending medics... when they're not on my team!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooh yah...D medics can get a bit annoying...but i think thats what most of them want to do. medics are useful on D in ways such as...healing a teammate that was infected by an incomming offensive medic...pumpin' up HW's with health or even outgoing offensive teammates...concn' the living crap out of the inc soldiers rendering them useless to take out SGs...medics are strapped with nades so that in itself is lethal...but what i hate the most...is when im an offensive solly..and i get through their D...finally grab the flag...try my best to RJ over any D-point theyre in the middle of rebuilding...and end up with only 30 to 40 health left...around the corner comes mr. D medic to give me a lil 'kiss of death' hehe....*doh*!
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D medics have no place on league maps.

nor

Do O HWG's.

Oh well.
OS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was that guys name this morning? Relentless. He did it.

But, it isn't so bad here, because we don't play by league rules. I don't get league rules. Chasing, O vs D, I dunno, it's weird.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chasing just mean you dont chase the person who is attacking when you are attacking. also called potshotting.

o v d just means one team is offense the other team is defense. just like avanti.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A defensive medic or pyro against any organized attack is pretty pointless unless you have good backup behind you.In that case you might as well play a real D class like soldier or hw and just kill them instead of weaken them your team and yourself will better off

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only use for a medic on D is to heal people and then go for the flag.
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
The only use for a medic on D is to heal people and then go for the flag.

there's a word for that kind of defense.

offense.
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of healing your teammates if they can just go to resupply?? If you're infected...you have a little bind that says "kill" and no more infection, but not like you get infected on D anyway. Might as well go solly and get a much more powerful rocket launcher. Or go offense and take out some SGs.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer playing defensive scout myself, hehe jk...
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing we don't play league rules on the Ville servers even if we play league maps !

All this talk about why be D medic and They should go Solly if they want to be D is BOGUS !! If I wanted league talk and league RULES I'd join a league !! If I want to be D medic I can, If I want to play D scout I will !! I can conc you and caltrop you and nail you before you even see the flag, or at least it is my right to try !!

People play what they like playing and as long as they have FUN and don't ruin it for everyone else, they should do what they want. I think league rules are STUPID and were created by simple minded people who ONLY PLAY SOLDIER !! Which as we all know is the true NEWB class

Next time you want to say something about league rules just remember they were created by WHINERS who didn't like snipers, medics and HW. Is this the type of people you wantto emulate ?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is a strange subject to respond to but here goes.

I would have to agree with Cycodad on most of what he has said. Especially about the having fun part. We were all noobs at some point in time in our TFC careers so to speak. There are still a lot of people trying to learn new classes and new ways to use classes. When the majority wants a certain thing on a map then I will oblige. But for example when 1 or 2 people whine about how there are snipers on a map, I will not switch classes if I'm sniping.

This is a big community and we all are free to express our opinions, and yes this is only my opinion. But we need to stop bickering about how one class ruins an entire game. If there is a certain class that seems to be pwning you then learn how to beat that class. Many people have posted tips on how to play and/or beat certain classes. Usually by people that are very good at those classes. Read up.

Also, if you go into a game where the fighting is really intense and teamwork is definitely needed, that might be a bad time to try out a new class that your not familiar with. Unless of coarse your class has no more slots open. Try the servers with much fewer people. Most of the time I have gotten advice while playing that way.

Again, everything I've said is just my opinion and if you don't seem to agree then .............

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Dad if sollies are for noobs why do they call them the most versatile and useful class in TFC All we all said is that D medics are useless against an organized attack

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: