FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stats
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: Stats Reply with quote

Hey stats sux0rs real bad. I want to know my score , but it only takes points from suicides and I'm inthe negatives. I couldn't belive it but bring stats back the way it used to be plz. #Puppy dog plz.... look at my eyes I broke a faucet.I know stats don't matter but it tells me what class I need to work on. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bring them back with sgkills though!
As I walk through the alley where I see my brothers are in pain, I look at the sky and scream the lords name in vain. If we finish all our chores and u finish thine then we r gunna party like its 16-99
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will never happen.. sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooo #Puppy dog nooooo no u can't can't : wahhhhhhhhhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob no..... ouch it hurts the undyinb pain well can u atleast take off suiced counts?
Theyre just as evil as ppl camping in respawn
As I walk through the alley where I see my brothers are in pain, I look at the sky and scream the lords name in vain. If we finish all our chores and u finish thine then we r gunna party like its 16-99
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god man....can you please spell check or look at what you type before you send it? how do you deal with people like this rob? they drive me insane!
LittleHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i cant speel im a lllama
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats don't mean anything. Even with the skill settings, it's just really a measure of how much time you are playing.
SoDum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats were taken off because people were playing for stats, not for fun.

Back in the olden days while stats were around, everyone had a bad attitude. To be honest a good portion of the members of the 3/4 resident clans here were all part of what would be considered the problem nowadays! Now obviously every one has shaped up... it was only like that then becuase -everyone- but all of four people were like that then. But i don't doubt the second stats are back it will slip back into that again.

And for the record, you may want to DL that Spellchecker that Whyb put up, or at least run your posts through microsoft word.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Nathan11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey well the stats didnt start getting bad until i left. the only problems we had was like 1 or 2 people. but i dont know the situation, so i shouldnt say anything
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't around then -- so i don't know what it was like when ppl were going stat crazy -- but i don't understand why u stop giving pts to stuff that helps your team

just my opinion

but i wouldn't really wont full stats back cos if it made ppl turn into llamas over stats n spoil the game play i don't know what i would do with all my spare time cos i just wouldn't be able to cope with ppl behaving in the way that has been described in a few posts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nathan11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you bobins for saying that you werent around then!!!! Most of these guys/girls dont know much about the old days but its cool i guess!!!¿?
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! No stats....PLEASE! I don't think I could survive another wave of stat wh0res.
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the point you all make. Their fine as their are, doesn't really make that much of a difference if the skill thing is back or not.

I'd like to see it just to check myself out, but like I said I understand why you guys wouldn't want them back.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert E. Lee wrote:
That will never happen.. sorry.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Twisted29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stat whores eh Snag? Well I apologize but the ville stat system was the reason I started playing at the ville long ago. I thought it was nice to be able to track your progress and see how you stack up against other players. But, it was always causing server problems, it was inconsistant, and just a major administrative pain (or, it was understanding that it was at least). I understand why Rob doesn't want it around anymore. But the stats weren't all bad, at least in my opinion.

'bind mouse2 "say /skill"' anyone?

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, I remember those days....the text was loaded with
/skill
/skill
/skill
/skill
/skill
/skill
spy as solly
/skill
/skill
/skill
/skill
I got your /skill right here!
/skill
/skill
STFU n00b
/skill
/skill
/skill
/skill
/skill
SPAM!
/skill
/skill
/skill
I mean it, no one cares what your skill is, and it hasn't changed since you typed it 3 seconds ago.
/skill
/skill
/skill

You guys can remember what that was like, I hated that. But it only happened during the day as I recall. The night life on TV 1, 2 and 3 was totally different...usually.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: