FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TV 2 Suggestion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: TV 2 Suggestion Reply with quote

It's empty. Almost always. I'm directing this mainly to Rob, since I understand he likes DOD. But since The Ville now have 6 servers if you include the private server, why not switch 'er back to some WW2 action? I know a great custom map: Hobofire, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.mayberrydod.com/maps.htm

I've been doing LAN's at my office with this map for the last month or two, with 4-10 players, and we still can't get enough of the map. It's small with lot's of nooks and crannies. It's also lacking in ghey camping spots that make most of the original maps suck .

Anyway, this is just an Idea.

Thanks for reading , Goon
AFI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...DOD has been long gone for a while now. Heh heh.
OS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoD was on TV2 about a month ago, for about two months. While you were away
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I remember when DOD used to be on TV2, I checked out theville.org occaisionally while I was away. But TV2 got switched back to TFC due to lack of interest and a shortage of 'Ville TFC servers.
I'm hoping that the new map and that fact most Villains haven't done DOD in a while might rekindle interest, and maybe get a few players on TV2 during the evening
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firearms would be cool lots of new weapons and stuff with there latest upgrade.A good firearms server is almost always full as long as stupid friendly fire is off.People won't play long on an FF server it gets really crappy to have you own teamates kill you

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
Firearms would be cool lots of new weapons and stuff with there latest upgrade.A good firearms server is almost always full as long as stupid friendly fire is off.People won't play long on an FF server it gets really crappy to have you own teamates kill you

I used to play nothing but firearms when it first came out but of course, not long after that came the cheats and any fun I was having there. If TV got a firearms server up then I would probably redownload firearms and play there on occasion.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firearms, whoa ....I haven't played that in about a year! I'd be willing to give it a try. I remember even back then, there was a wide variety of cool weapons and equipment to choose from.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheaters seem to be tamed by the new HL update woohoo it was getting bad that's why I stopped playing too

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the case Bada then I will just reinstall it and give it a try. That was one of my favorite mods. If TV2 ends up going that way then you'll know where to find me, heheh. When I came back to TFC after playing Firearms for so long, my skills were much improved. There are a lot more variables in Firearms you have to watch for. Thx for the heads up Bada on the cheating thingamajig,

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np bro try firearmsmod.com for the download.Some of their links are slow so try a couple I play as Bada Bing-TPF- or JackTheRipper-TPF- Hope to see some of you guys in game BTW the weapons are alot better and the AK47 roxors the recoil is pretty small if you duck and its hella accurate in single shot mode.The annoying can't go prone here is easily fixed by putting this in your firearms config alias +spec4 "doduck"
alias unduck "-duck; alias +spec4 doduck"
alias doduck "+duck; alias +spec4 unduck"
bind "SPACE" "+spec4"
It also works for tfc if you like to crouch alot and get sick of holding duck just press bound key once and you stay ducked press it again and you stand up P.S. thay added more maps and changed all the old ones.They play and look really good although I'm still learning most of them hehe

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: