FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Radeon 7000
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Radeon 7000 Reply with quote

How is the radeon 7000, when it is working correctly? I just got one, but I have had nothing but trouble with it. Sure the graphic quality is better than my old card, but the framerates are just as bad. Is this an isolated incident? What troubles did some of you have. I also have this problem with both 640 by 480 resolution and also in any resolution that is running in 16 bpp color. How has this card treated others? Should I have gotten something better?
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg what connection you have?
Does your system meet the recommended requirments of your Video card?

Last edited by Lil-Yugi on Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radeon 7500 you mean?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey, under the system reqs. my system meets and exceeds all of them. My connection is not what is at question. I am having this problem even in SINGLE player, OFFLINE games.

Pond, I do mean the 7000.
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Radeon 7000 Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
How is the radeon 7000, when it is working correctly? I just got one, but I have had nothing but trouble with it. Sure the graphic quality is better than my old card, but the framerates are just as bad. Is this an isolated incident? What troubles did some of you have. I also have this problem with both 640 by 480 resolution and also in any resolution that is running in 16 bpp color. How has this card treated others? Should I have gotten something better?

Borg, give every detail about your PC. Like RAM, OS, and etc.

Quote:
YOU SPAMMER!! Lets actually put some thought into this post, try again in 1-2 minutes

Well sheesh... You know the rest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
Mikey, under the system reqs. my system meets and exceeds all of them. My connection is not what is at question. I am having this problem even in SINGLE player, OFFLINE games.

Pond, I do mean the 7000.

Did you download the latest driver. Did you put the card in OpenGl Mode!

Last edited by Lil-Yugi on Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this is prolly stupid question, but most basic: are you sure its set to use your card and not software rendering? cause if thats set wrong, no matter how good a card you got wont make difference lol.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg I hate to say this so I will.

If you just got an ATi card (agp or pci dosent matter). Return the card for anything that uses the Nvida chip set and drivers.

I hate to say that because it is a pain in the ass to do it. There should be a 4400 mx card that you would die to have.

Ok and to show my bias I run the GeForce4 ti 4600 128mb card. 10.8 gb mem trans rate set to go to the cpu direct (and that is why I have had so many os probs. This is new. The Geforce chipset will bypass the mb and the ram and be in direct contact with the cpu.)

And if you want to benchmark your sys download madonion benchmark3d vers 2002 se. Go to google and type benchmark.

This test will determine if it is your CPU or GPU or what. If you come out a screamer on this it is your net connection.

My pure gaming sys will average a benchmark of 9887 (To 12137). Most games except TPF I am well over 200 fpd.

DK
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had trouble with a Radeon Card in the past.
PondScum007

whats tpf DK?

Dk, the problem with a Geforce card of any sorts, is that I don't think it will run in my system. I have read that they won't in numerous places. It is because I can only run AGP 1.0 compliant cards. I have read that the Geforce line doesn't support AGP 1.0 systems. ATI do support the AGP 1.0 systems with Universal AGP, tell me if the Geforce cards support that or not. Right now, I am just trying to hold out until I can buy a new system hopefully before I go to college.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pond damit FPS.

Any of the GeForce levels 2 or 3 will scale back to deal with an agp bus 1x.

DK
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaling isn't my problem, the real problem is the voltage and also being physically able to fit into the system. I thought that I wouldn't be able to return this to the store since I already tried running it, you are saying I still can?
Jasun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an option to disable wait for vertical sync on your card config?
have you tried vid_wait 0 in your hl config? im intreiged by this since i want to get one of the new AIW versions.. ive never had any problems with them....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card is an older one, I found out just a little ago, that this is supposedly just a Radeon VE dressed up with DDR RAM. Vsync is off by default. I e-mailed the tech support and will wait to see what they say.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: