FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can't respawn!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Can't respawn! Reply with quote

Since updating to the latest patch, I'm unable to respawn after switching classes. I just lay there staring at the ground until I decide to leave the game or switch teams. It doesn't do it every time I switch, but it's probably 9 times out of 10.

Any ideas?

Some tidbits that may be helpful: I did the full install, not just the update. At first, I suspected it was a problem with loading a different [class].cfg files, so I disabled that in the Autoexec. Didn't help at all.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have it set to switch classes immediately? If you do, try switching it so you change classes when you die.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't help, but thanks for the suggestion.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger Happy might have an answer for you, he had the same problem a while ago, but I don't know how he fixed it. Also try changing variables that affect your connection, like rate and fps and download/upload items as they can sometimes have an adverse effect on otherwise normal gameplay.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: It's all better now.

It was something in my cfg files. I was messing around trying to do some mad scientist stuff, and it seems like one of the commands was looping endlessly or something like that??? At any rate, as soon as I commented out those lines, everything was fine.

The pathetic part is that my cfg files are probably at a Neanderthal level compared to everybody else's. And I STILL found a way to screw them up!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: