FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
League Maps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: League Maps Reply with quote

I now know why I would never join a league. The gameplay was awesome. I just don't understand some of the rules in league play, if that's what they were. The competition was fun for the time it lasted but after a while it was more like work. Kinda lost the fun part of the game. I want to thank [njk] for the use of their server. I had a great time and wouldn't mind doing again, for a brief time. It definitely sharpened my skilz .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it should be fun Friday
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there too. Pure league rules (trust me I was confused too).

But the maps are sweet, and everyone is a good plyr (aka no llamas). In my short time there I learned a few things. And it was not even a serious match. It was for fun. I got to a map and I said over VC "I have not plyd this map for over a year so I am the I337 plyr on the team." They laughed and we had fun.

I enjoy nights like that or FNF where the regs are there. I have dealt with one too many llamas in the past week that I will now just run after them with a crowbar

Ty for the fun <NJK>

<TVB> DK
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i had fun to. ill be doin this weekly so keep keep your ears out and all njk are admins to handly llamas. oh and the league rules (no potshotting, etc...) are there because it is CTF and it would almost be impossible for either team to cap. all that matters is that people had fun.
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61380#61380

read my post here.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nipples, there are a FEW rules that we try to enforce on the server to make it a little more fun. I was riding your case today because you were playing offensive medic and kept shooting the other teams offense. Do not turn around and fight the o after they pass you and try not to add in a few cheap shots as they pass. Now this is not a rule during league play but we would like to enforce it on the pub server. It more like a common courtesy in a match. It prevents the middle of the field turning into a massive death match. Also be aware that sometimes we run O vs D games in which the whole team will play accordingly. Other than that it was fun having you come to the server and I would be glad to see you again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I....want....your....car.

On a side note I got meh a nice mid-air rocket against AFI while I was conc'ed I believe...
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain what the rules are for league maps, since I heard that bases_r2 is one and I loved the original bases for TF?
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you want to read all the rules from OGL, have fun: http://www.worldogl.com/rules.php. Especially read the TFC 5v5 part. Well, basically all it says is no cheating, exploits, etc. Like Veil said, potshotting and chasing is looked down on, especially on 5v5. I still think league maps are the most fun, guess it's my opinion. And we still had fun tonight. I really enjoy playing with regulars I know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no problems with the rules Veilside, I was just a little bit confused was all. As far as the O and D, I didn't hear anything till I had the flag and was on my way back with it. As soon as I heard the message though, I dropped the flag and went back to my base for D. No problems though, just needed a little bit to adjust that's all.

Again, I had a great time with all who participated and would go back again to vaporize all of you, heheh .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O v D is rough on us only O class players....I have to improvise when I play D cause I suck at pretty much everything but medic now. I never really understood the logic behind no medics on D. It's not like they have some great D abilities or anything. Either way, it's fun playing league rules once in a while.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you say you suck at everything but medic? Why don't you try to engy as D? You have the SSG, some EMPS/Nades, not the same speed but hey its kinda similar. Plus you get to build an sg?

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if I fix my connection, I may stop by and actually get to see what league play is like. Engies are better than medics anyhow so I would excell at D. Are engies allowed to go O?
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes engys are allowed to go O and are very useful in that.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe once I get my connection fixed I will join you guys for a game. BTW, engie has got to be the most versitile class in the game.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: