FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tech support and mice...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoDum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Tech support and mice... Reply with quote

I got this brand spanking new five button optic mouse. However, It Doesn't seem to want to let me bind the fourth and fifth buttons. It counts them all as 'Mouse3', as opposed to mouse4/5. Anyone know a way to bind them?

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to do something with your mouse configuration. When I got my 3 button i wanted the middle to be my JUMP button but it wouldn't recongnize it, so i just had to change some stuff. I'm not sure if that would be it but it's worth a try.

5 button?? Post a pic of that baby i'd like to see it

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Post a pic of that baby i'd like to see it

No.

In my config i can assign the 3 to five buttons to what i want. I try binding four and five to page up and down, but tfc still recognizes them as mouse three. Bah.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

cstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a MS mouse, make sure you have the IntelliPoint software running in the system tray.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just do bind mouse4 "command"
and
bind mouse4 "command"

works for me...and why do you need them bound to page up and page dn in TFC? whats there to read? ;>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFF TOPIC

"TECH SUPPOOOOORRRRTTT!!!!!"
-David Aames (Vanilla Sky)

....i couldnt resist.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I use meh 5 button mouse is assign the 4th and 5th buttons to emulate keys I don't usually use. So if I assign it to kp_pgup and kp_pgdown then I can bind kp_pgup <command> and it'll assign it to the proper mouse button. Do this in you're mouse config.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 5button trackball. Once I loaded Intellimouse software it let my select the button uses on the regular control configuration screen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if I assign it to kp_pgup and kp_pgdown then I can bind kp_pgup <command> and it'll assign it to the proper mouse button. Do this in you're mouse config.

Actually, i thought about doing that, but it decides to be stupid and -still- read the two buttons as mouse3.

Pond, i will try that, but i don't think it works...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: