FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Half-Life MOVIE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Half-Life MOVIE Reply with quote

In the past EagleEyes has treated us to some top avi's of people showing off their mad tfc skillz. These avi's have pronounced themselves half-life or tfc movies. I have just stumbled upon an avi titled "Guilt" that gives a new meaning to the title "half-life movie." It doesn't show off many skills except for mad bhopping. It is more or less a work of art. You HAVE to check it out. Here is a review written by Quaternion I believe.

"This is one of the very rare top quality movies that deserve to be called "movie" instead of "avi" as this does not focus on skills demonstration but is a little piece of art.
If you are into game avi, which you are becos you are reading this already, you must download this item no matter how slow your modem may be!"

Here is a link to download it ... http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/planetfortress/hlmp/guilt_hi-ham.zip

I can already hear the complaints about fileplanet coming in. Cmon people! It's not THAT BAD!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I downloaded that yesturday after seeing a link posted on the neotf site.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://era-clan.com/guilt/download.htm

This has some non-file planet mirrors as well as the low res version for those of you that are bandwidth impaired.

It is completely different from anything I have seen. Extremely interesting if a little pointless. Reminds me Open Your Mind somewhat.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie got a pretty huge plug through the catacombs, but its definately interesting. Makes you think a little bit. Perhaps a little TOO artsy for my taste.

Anyone seen the 15 minute highlight reel that [SHS] put out? Definately a good watch.
SoDum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to get Windows media player to play avis? I tried before, and it always tells me it couldnt' download the codec...

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It was over 200 megs...but if you have the bandwidth I'd give it a gander if you have the bandwidth. Some very nice moves.

http://www.divx.com/products/product_list.php?typeid=1 for the newest divx codec.
SoDum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that. Looks like Divx is another program other than Windows media player. I'm just looking for the codec compatible with what i got.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly download and install the divx component and the avi will work fine with WMP.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY Fin CRAP!!

that is AMAZING!!! wow!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: