FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CD key

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurrg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: CD key Reply with quote

Ok, One of my friends has another one of my other friends CD key. So i went to his house and tried unistalling it, well the Sierra Utilities thing was deleted so i could not uninstall it properly, everytime I uninstall it it never asks to put the new cd key in (cuz he got a new cd key) i've tried everything any suggestions what to do???????????????????????

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AFI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might seem like a hassle, but after uninstalling (properly), delete every trace of Half-Life from his computer. Then reinstall with the new CD-Key.

Someone might know an easier way to go about this, so don't try my idea just quite yet.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its in your regsitry.... if you ahve winxp its horribly burried, but in earlier ones its wasy to find..jsut search for 4 numbers of the key, and then modify the key field

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Pond you beat me to it! I was searching my reg for the key when I saw you had posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok where should i search for the numbers or what?? And the what numbers should i search for?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to run, off of the Start button, and type regedit. Search there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, but I solved it with regedit. You mite search for everything related to Half-life and sierra because I didn't find the reg for my CD key, so I just deleted everything that was related, after that I installed HL again and it let me write in the new CD key.

/ D
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be EXTREMLY CAREFUL while your in there, if you delete something you shouldnt have you will screw up the whole systems and have to reinstall the OS. So dont change it if your not sure
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pff random regedit changing is the only way to realyl have fun with your computer! sure makes it interesting!

jk, you really only want to mess with stuff you know your supposed to be messin with...the reg is one thing that DOES NOT have an "undo"... ;>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there's a whole §hit load of stuff in there.......where exactly do you think i could find the cd #'s (remember my signature the n00b for life) i got the regedit up and stuff but i couldn't find the key numbers to delete them.

PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on the OS...what do you ahve?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/valve/half-life/settings, should be a value name "key", just double click and change.

*BTW that was from my xp OS but don't think there's any difference for just Half-life cd key...believe it's always in that location.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: