FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Video Card Cooling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Video Card Cooling Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good recomendation for an aftermarket kit spec designed for cooled the GPU.

The card is GeForce 4 ti 4600 128 mb card. It is not overclocked YET, but knowing myself too well I will do it.

I just want additional cooling to make sure my investment in that card does not poof...

#Beer

<TVB> DK -TPF-
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, not sure but here are three sites to check out and ask in the video forums or cooling forums.

http://www.sharkyforums.com

http://forums.anandtech.com/

http://forum.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some tin coated ramsinks and you should be fine
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me see. Find a Bull, cut his skin off and tin coat it. The apply liberaly to the GPU. Hmmm.

JK...

THe gpu already has a massive heatsink and fan. The core clock runs at default 300 and the memory clock runs at 660. THis already make the card hot depending on what game and how hard I make the card work (I have already made her work so hard in fast in Jedi II she shut down to heat issues lol).

Have you heard of the CoolMax video cooling sys?

DK
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nono the sinks go on the individual chips, they are scatter about the card...the main gpu has that heatsink, and if you dont need the slot under your video card get a crystal orb...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not orthodox but we live where it gets over a hundred during the hot months. (Not as hot as the CyCo's). But we have no Air Conditioning.
We just pull our side cases off without any problems. but you can drill your case if you would like.

"It isn't pretty, but it works. Purchase a powerful 77CFM, or higher rated 12volt DC Brushless ball bearing fan for about $12.00 and plug it into your power supply. Using tie wraps, suspend it within your case, probably from the power supply itself, and position it directly in front of your CPU processor. Be sure the label is facing out so that hot air will be exhausted off of your CPU. Secure any wires or cables that may get caught up in the fan or purchase fan grids for about $1.00 each.

If your case cover doesn't have holes pre-drilled to allow the hot air to exhaust off of your CPU, you'll have to safely modify your case cover. Never use an electric drill near sensitive electronic equipment!

This single fan set up, as described, will reliably keep a system's processor humming at around 95F-98F as opposed to the 130-140F measurements in the same system with four case fans trying to cool it down.

Be aware that leaving your case open not only exposes your system to dust, but could cause electrical magnetic interfernce to nearby equipment. In a residential setting, the FCC suggests you test potential interference by turning off and on the computer or appliance suspected of causing EMI. Steps to resolve EMI, as advised by the FCC, are to "reorient or relocate the equipment, increase the separation between the equipment,...connect the equipment into an outlet on a (different) circuit, consult the dealer or an experienced radio/tv technician for help." (see http://www.fcc.gov/ for more info).

Cooling off your system could be the simplest upgrade that you can do to improve your system's performance.

Related Links:
Cool Off That Hot CPU Easily & Effectively

---------
Sandra Underhill
Associate Editor
InfiniSource.com "

Link to full article.

http://216.167.71.32/features/system_cooling.html
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY. I have foiund right now the only way i can run with no case ( It is a safe station with a pad and grounded for static elec).

I will have 2 more case fans next week. Also The humidiity can ge thigh here too. My P4 runs at 107 which is whiin the operating perametors.

The case fans will not effect my GPU though. Time for me to get tweekin. (ihave had it at 600 and 850 per my prev post).

DK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: