FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
you're called what?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
three_gunn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: you're called what? Reply with quote

i was just wondering if you guys could share the origin of your handle with the rest of us...and i apologize if this thread has been done before-i promise i searched first this time!

mines pretty easy to figure out...i love anime and so around the time i started gettin' into 'trigun'...i wanted to pay tribute to the anime that made me spend endless amount of dollars to get all the trigun DVDs. i was gonna use 'vash' or 'vash the stampede'...but ive seen a few of them out there already...
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a while back and there are a lot of new people now.
I just want you to guess what mine means!
Actually I dont pick up a saw to much anymore, I build custom homes for the rich and famous. Some of the stuff we do is just unbelievable. Watching the craftsman and artists that create each detail is the best part of my job.
I love it.

Last edited by ROOFCUTTER on Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Sivvi is from the magic card Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero from the set nemesis.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MunkeyEye was the email addy of this girl i used to date when i started playing at avantiville->theville. so it just stuck. wanted something that sounded kinda light-hearted in a way.

i sometimes go by MunkeySuperstar, but that's when I'm feeling golden!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Handles Reply with quote

Okay, why not?

The original MPI is a script language built into a paticular type
of MUD (Message Parsing Interpreter).
http://www.furry.com/telzey/fuzzball/mpintro1.htm
It's creator has joked that it really meant 'my personal insanity',
It's a joke that's always made me laugh. When a friend pushed me
into getting on TFC, I decided that thinking I could keep up with
people's 1337 sk1llz was likely my own personal insanity.

<- A carp is just a trout with lazy eye.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to be unique by having the most generic name.

Kind of a _________ (ugh can't think of word.)

I kind of also came up with it after hearing my friend yell "*%^# I hate getting beat by the computer" when he'd get his arse kicked in Soul Caliber.
Brujah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire: The Masquerade

The rebel clan... jeez go figure eh?
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK lets see. It is something that I can actually spell.

#Crazy
KD
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play on 'Concerned Citizen" which was another all avanti server. After the update to 1.8 (I think) the server went down and never came back

I decided to be Concerned Pacifist after that, but after 2 games on Ville 1 (only 3 servers at the time I think), I noticed that my name didn't really flow well and such. So I thought harder and came up with an oxymoron, Violent Pacifist. Then I found that Ville 1 was better then Concerned Citizen and I got sucked into the community. Ville rocks!

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Blown

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65=my car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first found the ville I was in a Metallica cover band and one of our favorite tunes to play was "The Thing That Should Not Be" which is related to thier other song "The Call Of Ktulu"
Ktulu or aaa is a very evil character in a series of sci-fi books by the now famous author H.P. Lovecraft, even though this was written around 1936 there is still a strong cult following of this character. It is said that nonone really knows what Ktulu looks like because if you look at him you become instantly insane.

So to get to the point I chose this name because I knew hardcore Metallica fans would recoginze it thus allowing me to find people who like the same music I do

I was also the singer in that band and there is a line in the song "The Thing That Should Not Be"

Quote:

Hybrid children watch the sea
Pray for father, roaming free

I used to sing this line instead

Quote:

Idle Virgins Come To Me
Face The Thing That Helps Me Pee

Here is a breakdown of how the song lyrics relate to the book

"Messenger of fear in sight"
"Dark deception kills the light"
The shadow over Innsmouth

"Hybrid children watch the sea"
The former leader of the citizen of Innsmouth captain Obed had an agreement with the underwater creatures. The citizens will get gold and fish from them in return that they mate with these creatures. With time every new born citizen became a hybrid between the creatures and humans
"Pray for father, roaming free"
The hybrids (Innsmouth citizens) were waiting for the one day when they will go underwater to live there

"Fearless wretch"
"Insanity"
The hero became almost mad when he slowly turned into a hybrid and he even decided his suicide, but didn't realized it. He followed the call of the water ...

"He watches"
"Lurking beneath the sea"
One of the "Great Old Ones" was waiting for his 'children' that they would follow him under water

"Great old one"
"Forbidden site"
The bay area where the citizen of Innsmouth were celebrating their cult rituals for the "Great Old Ones"

"He searches"
"Hunter of the shadows is rising"
The during the night the citizens were hunting the hero of the story

"Immortal"
The hybrids were immortal and a few years after the hero fleed from this city ...
"In madness you dwell"
... he became a hybrid too because he was a direct descendant of captain Obed

"Crawling chaos, underground"

"Cult of summoned, twisted sound"
The cult the citizens were celebrating in the bay area

"Out of ruins once possessed"
Y'ha-nthei, the zyclope city of the underwater creaures or R'lyeh, the city of the "Great Old Ones"

"Fallen city, living death"
The fallen city is Innsmouth, there was nobody on the streets

"Fearless wretch"
"Timeless sleep"
"Has been upset"
"He awakens"
Yog-Sothoth awakes from his timeless sleep
"Hunter of the shadows is rising"
The during the night the citizens were hunting the hero of the story

"Immortal"
The hybrids were immortal and a few years after the hero fleed from this city ...

"In madness you dwell"
... he became a hybrid too because he was a direct descendant of captain Obed

"Not dead which eternal lie"
"Stranger eons death may die"
Lovecraft wrote that this would be a line of the "Necronomicon"

"Drain you of your sanity"

"Face the thing that should not be"
The hero accepted that he became a hybrid - he faced it in the mirror
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats kinda scary ktulu..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The former leader of the citizen of Innsmouth captain Obed had an agreement with the underwater creatures. The citizens will get gold and fish from them in return that they mate with these creatures. With time every new born citizen became a hybrid between the creatures and humans

Deep ones, Ktulu, Deep ones. Sorry, but i can't stand by and not point out thier names.

I'm actually really into Cthulu mythos... Then again, i'm really wierd, so there you go.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got myself an N64 in 1999, and the first game I played was F-Zero X, which totally blew me away. Then, for some reason, whenever I was on the phone to a friend and the conversation was ending, we'd try to be the last person to shout X down the phone before hanging-up. So that sort of added itself to my surname (Raphael), so my handle is 3 years old #Fade in

Do I get a prize for silliest or most immature reason?
[FoX]KickinASCII

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original name was "KickinAss," but I used to play on "Maelstrom's Brewpub," and the first time I played, Maelstrom himself was in there, and we got in an argument over "language" in my name, so he banned me for an hour for arguing with an admin. I went to my best friend David and asked him what I should make my name, and he came up with KickinASCII, and when I came back, Maelstrom said he was pretty impressed with the replacement name.... "ASCII." (This was 3 years ago).

It angers me greatly that there is a FoxBot called KickinASCII. Some people have said "No, I bet you copied the FoxBot name." Well, I created the [FoX] tag after my Dad hit a fox driving down the interstate three years ago, and as far as I know, FoxBot wasn't even around back then. If it was, I didn't even know about it. I wonder if one of the original creators played on a server with me and copied it! Oh well, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: