FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THIS DOES SAY IT ALL!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: THIS DOES SAY IT ALL!!! Reply with quote

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her drivers license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please!
This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa Newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?
IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.
We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedoms, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
Please pass this along if you agree.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go on for a long time about this subject. Actually I did, over the weekend. The politically correct people are killing us slow and methodically, with their holier than thow crap. The ACLU is a joke. They only pick on the people that can't stand up to them. Not that I can say anything. I am low man on the totem pole. For I am middle class and white.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: THIS DOES SAY IT ALL!!! Reply with quote

I understand yer prolly ticked off, but I think you're heading down
a bad path, on a couple of different levels. I'm a middle class
white male, so I'm about as un-politcally correct as possible. I
hate it too when people propose reverse discrimination. She should
have either followed the proceedures or not had a license issued,
in my opinion.

But I'm not a orthodox of any religion, and I don't think that you're
thinking clearly when you're claiming a country that's 'christian'.
Especially considering that 'christianity' is a vauge definition with
a zillion different sects and interpretations.

Things just aren't black and white like that.

Do you really want to start a flame war about religion on TheVille?
I've been online long enough to know these threads never come to any
sort of resoultion. Usually they slowly die out. Usually they also hurt
alot of feelings and create alot of emnity between people before they
do.

I like TheVille because people seem pretty level headed around here.
I'd hate to see a thread like that start and turn the forums into
a Usenet flame war.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did understand that was an editorial that he posted, right?

But you are right that we do not discuss politics or religion here. It keeps us *civil.*

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: THIS DOES SAY IT ALL!!! Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

Truer word have never been said. I know my dad knew someone working in the post office. A mexican was going to be hired. He did not speak english, so guess what happened. The whole workplace had to learn spanish, and he could continue not knowing or even trying to learn english. That is terrible.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybill? As in....Cybill Sheperd, the actress?
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the beauty of the US, separation of Church and State. I'm glad the founders of the Ville copied that separation, too

I agree 100% about English being the defacto official language. I'm a staunch supporter of it being the legislated official language.

I also agree about 90% that when people come to the US, they should adapt to our "society"... the other 10% is "us" adapting to them. Throughout our history, immigrants have changed alot, and the "native" americans have also been influenced by each successive group of immigrants. And yes, that is a good thing. It's always been like that, and hopefully always will.

You know, we've gotta be doing something right here, since we have had more people who want to come here than want to leave for all but about 7 years of our history.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one big hoax wrote:
You did understand that was an editorial that he posted, right?

But you are right that we do not discuss politics or religion here. It keeps us *civil.*

Ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, Insanity, I love that movie!!!

The Usual Suspects.

Oh on topic...

Yes, English is the language. I have often posed this question...

When do we stop adding languages to all of our forms and signs by default? Why is Spanish so special? Why aren't all forms in Chinese, Japanes, Vietnamese, French, Greek, etc. also? Ridiculous, huh? So you get my point? The language of our country is English (or some derivation thereof) so learn it if you are going to live here.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go on for hours about how stupid that guy is, but.. i really don't have the time.

And besides, English is ugly dammit... so freaken many consonents...

Umm in case you all haven't figured it out by now, im the black sheep of the ville in terms of political standpoint... and before someone tells me to get out of the country... I wholeheartedly plan to when I am old enough and can support myself. I'm thinking either England or Japan.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soap BOX
Please lets not take this to seriously now. I'm not saying America right or wrong. I hope this just lets people talk about it nobody is right or wrong here. It was someones opinion that I thought everyone should read. There are darn few places in this world where one could say these things let alone publish them with out being subject to arrest or censure.

I have lived in England, Germany, Japan, Italy, and South East Asia to name a few places and the USA is really the best place there is to live.
Don't take my word for it go out there and see for your self. Just on piece of advise. Don't give up your US citizenship until you are sure of what you want.
Soap Box END

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited: On the basis of the total lack of undertsanding by half of you of the real world

Oh and did I mention I am Polish and live in Chicago ????

Also, I work my ass off, pay my taxes, etc... no "country feeds me"

Ap.

Last edited by ApacheEyes on Tue May 28, 2002 6:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait till she trys to cash a check.
Not to far in the future we will have other forms of ID and a picture will not be neccesary. I can't for the life of me think of a reason that a ID picture could be called an ID picture if the one being IDed isnt visiable on it! Just another example of thinking to much.
Considering this sounds like a rant and the actual facts of the case are unsubstatiated I would give this one a wide berth anyway.

Oh did I mention no politics...
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the issue with Bada's post. Probably because I agree with it. Don't bite the countries hand that feeds you. Did everyone see the link about the person getting fired in Miami for not speaking SPANISH? That's bs. I have total disdain for the people in my neighborhood (Polish) who don't bother to learn English. That's crap.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts

Last edited by FragFailure on Tue May 28, 2002 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit you're right about one thing - corrupt and stupid or not, the US government is the best one in the world. But when it comes down to everyday life... its the people that make a place, not the government.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: